16/17 Season Finish Predictions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

16/17 Season Finish Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As things stand today I have gone for 9th. We have brought seven (I think) players in of which five are rank average. Two or three quality players required to crash into top six.

The old saying is "It's not where you start it's were you finish" and I very much doubt the team we start with will be the one we finish with.The only manager we have had while being down here to have significantly improved the team and our position over the second half of a season was Clough in his first and promotion will be down to how much this team will improve or be improved over the second half of this coming season.

UTB

The old saying is "It's not where you start it's were you finish" and I very much doubt the team we start with will be the one we finish with.The only manager we have had while being down here to have significantly improved the team and our position over the second half of a season was Clough in his first and promotion will be down to how much this team will improve or be improved over the second half of this coming season.

UTB
Hammond, Sammon and McEveley have gone, we are already a lot better.

I've voted slightly more optimistically than my head says and gone for sixth and another shot at those rollicking good fun play offs.

I've gone 8th as I think we will be better than last season, especially at home, but we still look very suspect defensively, which could cost us vital points in a play off spot chase.

This may sound negative but if you asked me the end of last season under Adkins I would have gone 22nd so Wilder has perked me up somewhat.

I've gone for number 1 in the league.in the crowd figures, in the away support, in the moaning and groaning ,in the in blade punch ups , most beer supped ,number 1 in pyros .

I've gone for number 1 in the league.in the crowd figures, in the away support, in the moaning and groaning ,in the in blade punch ups , most beer supped ,number 1 in pyros .
You forgot number 1 in smashing AC units up and nicking ground covers. ;)

I'm surprised by the general positivity shown on this poll .

First and second place seem to be very popular expectations right now . Blind optimism ? Who knows . But if the same positivity transfers itself to our wider fanbase it'll be a welcome relief .

Whilst last season was absolutely gash , I've never known the Lane so utterly flat . Even during our darkest hours way back in the early 80's it wasn't so depressingly morose . I guess that's what happens when you've had the shit kicked out of you season , after season , after season .........

I've gone for 4th spot for what it's worth . Two signings short of automatic for me . But I still think we'll give a good account of ourselves and it'll be a pleasure to drink in pubs packed with upbeat Blades after the game on London Road again :D

I've gone for 2nd. We won't set the world alight, and won't be champions.

It'll be close and not without a tight finish, but I think we'll do it this season.
Kinell Barney doesn't happen often but have a like for your new found positivity unbelievable Jeff. Now I'm off for a lay down.;)

I'm a bit wary that my optimism at the start of the season is usually based more on hope than fact so I took a bit of time to think about this. My guess is George Long will cost us. Missing out on the main CB target will hurt us. Our CMF weakness will cost us at least another couple of places and left MF probably 1.

New squad will need time to gel but fewer derbies this season. Proper shirts will make a psychological difference at home. Wilder's playing and management style may help compensate but I would only put us around 7th or 8th at the moment - still time to rectify those weaknesses. Hope we do UTB

My prediction:

Some poor results combined with some great results which = inconsistancy

The Blades way will continue

However, in Wilder I believe that we'll get stronger mentally as the season progresses and that means more consistency and a sneak into the play-offs

If we make those play-offs, with Wilder, we'll win them

I'm just frantically checking to see which signings I've missed spotting yesterday, given the number who have voted first / second !! :eek:

For me, being realistic, with the current squad ( unless I've missed spotting us signing 3 players yesterday ) we're not going to challenge for top two ....... not a hope !!

I've been optimistic and said 6th ........ but if we bring in a GK, CH, CM and a pacey winger then that can be improved on .......

UTB & FTP

As things stand today I have gone for 9th. We have brought seven (I think) players in of which five are rank average. Two or three quality players required to crash into top six.

Don't think we have rebuilt al la Bristol City, who looked strong before a ball had been kicked, but I don't think many of us expected that type of money splashing, team building. Having said that, I think CW has made some shrewd signings and I am certainly expecting better performances than last season. I'm optimistic.

A successful team needs a miserly defence & an exceptional goalkeeper, another trait of successful teams is the frequency that they win 1-0 & win ugly.

Do we have those traits?

I'm not sure....yet - therefore can't realistically offer an opinion.

Can't change your vote for those who wish to wait for any new players to sign.

Voters names available for told you so reasons.
1st this year - I think the last itme I said this was Clough's 2nd season and that was the only time I've said it in this division.

Only concerns for me are

1 Goalkeeper- c'mon George prove me wrong
2 strength of squad depth - I think this might be a problem for everyone given the new loan rules

Hard to say without having seen them play. On paper I would say the squad has a top 6 feel about it but not convinced has enough to challenge for automatic. We look to have plenty of goals in us but not sure the defence and GK are quite strong enough. Also think we need a midfield enforcer to be able to control games against the better teams. I am going for 5th.

Trying to suppress my usual optimism,so I've gone 2nd...Hopefully 2 or 3 additions to come.. especially an upgrade on Bash in midfield,another Centre Back and left winger or left sided attacking midfielder..Also hope we hang on to Che and DCL,although I think Che looks like the one to go...I know there's a lot of reservations about George,but I'm happy to go in with him,and CW must think he's good enough...still young for a Keeper,and still improving,hopefully he can step up and be more solid.

I think we have the strongest team in this division, and probably squad. I have gone for first and hope we can get a CB, CM and winger over the line. At this point I am happy to wait to sign some that will naturally drop towards the end of the window.

what he said ...

A-fucking-men. Thank you for that Damski. My thoughts exactly. We seem to have gone all bone hard about this coming season, the assumed input of talent, the vitriol toward the old order and bigging up players of which we know fuck all.

All of this, whilst forgetting which berk still sits in charge of the football club. Plus ca change.

pommpey

A-fucking-men. Thank you for that Damski. My thoughts exactly. We seem to have gone all bone hard about this coming season, the assumed input of talent, the vitriol toward the old order and bigging up players of which we know fuck all.

All of this, whilst forgetting which berk still sits in charge of the football club. Plus ca change.

pommpey

I am bone hard for this season, if that means supporting the team. Fed up of being negative.

Maybe this season the team will give us something to be positive about?

1 promotion in a quarter of a century is quite Frankly shocking.

It is, but nothing the players pulling the shirt on this season can do anything about.

Back
Top Bottom