When did you leave the game? (AKA how big a Blade are you?)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When did you leave the game? (AKA how big a Blade are you?)

• Total voters
5th I left.

I think I did similar in the Newcastle game.

I'm a season ticket holder, but took the decision about a week ago to have a weekend away with my wife.

A decision I singularly didn't live to regret.

I watched on Sky Go until 0-5, switched off and went to the cinema.

I was pleasantly surprised when I switched my phone back on at the end of the film to find we had rallied and hadn't conceded another goal. Just the 5.

I'll be at the Brighton game, but that might be it for this season.

Fairweather Happy Clapper signing off.

I put bbc website on my phone whilst I was doing something interesting, saw it was 4-0 laughed and switched it off.
Biggest Blade ever me, most sensible one at least

I stayed until the final whistle ... then legged it down the Gangway E South Stand steps

Didn’t go as live on other side of the world. However get up between 2am to 4am (depending on daylight savings) for every game plus the random times of midweek games.

Seriously thinking of packing it in tho, interrupted sleep is not worth what this team are putting out on the field.

Sad as was a season ticket holder good part of two decades before moved and my great great grandmother was a Bramall.

The only post that should be acknowledged has been ignored, give us a shout if you need a chat haich1889 .
Absolutely. Same here haich1889 - feel free to message. It was rubbish at the weekend but there's always humour to be found hence this thread. There's always light somewhere remember that 😍

I missed the first half an hour.

The masochist part of me then intriguingly tuned in to the rest with the hammer blow of VAR even denying us a consolation.

I see how ruthless it is at this level. Look at the xG. Those not watching it would be saying it was never a 0-5 game:

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 12
Hope you're ok mate. Take it easy, stuff is more important than football!
But, it’s amazing what an important role it can play in your life. I was in a very dark place early last year but a successful United were my light at the end of a long tunnel, and they were the crutch that got me through it. Conversely, I can see how the current situation at Bramall lane can contribute to a worsening state of mind. But for me now, going to the lane is so much more than 22 mugs on a football field, whether meeting friends, having a drink, enjoying something to eat and basically just getting out amongst other people with something in common does help….

I was working near Derby. Managed to convince my colleague to cover for the last half an hour. Got to the ground at 5:15. No time to get much ale, so had to watch it sober ffs.

Wish I’d not fucking bothered 😡

I was at a little park showing the Qatar v Uzbekistan game. Plan was to leave at the end and go watch United at home. Game went to extra time and pens, so stayed and watched. Saw the United scoreline after 30 mins and was relieved I stayed put.

Qatar won on pens.

So time to confess - when did you go? I went at 4.

How big a blade you are can be viewed in the handy results table below:

Had a ticket but didn't even go - Absolute shysters the lot of you. A chance to go to BDTBL under the Saturday night lights and you choose to stay in the pub or even worse, at home in the warmth and comfort of your own home.
Bladey Blade scale = Jerome Sinclair

0-1 - Either you're Nostrdamus or you went for a piss and it was three nil by the time you came out of the bogs so you thought fuck it and went home. You made it here at least but a poor showing with little love for our heroes in the Red and the White.
Bladey Blade Scale = Barry Hayles

0-2 - Was it the ease at which that through ball to Watkins cut us open that did for you at this stage? Did you not remember our brave, herculean effort to comeback from 2 nil against Brighton before they dicked us for 5 the week before? Be ashamed - Shoutbox privileges should be removed Foxy for such blatant S2 hatred.
Bladey Blade Scale = Danny Cullip

0-3 - The moment of the first mass exodus as seen on the TV for those who selected the above options. It was only 3 - we've come back form worse - to go at this stage shows you have the heart and fight of Anel Ahmedhodzic. All owners of the early 90's lace up collar kit should be made to hand them back in.
Bladey Blade Scale = Tommy Mooney

0-4 - Ok so we've shipped four goals by the half hour mark, we've shown zero fight or determination; wilder hasn't done anything to change the gaping holes in midfield and at the back and it has a feel of Newcastle all over again but there's over half the game left and you are making us look an even bigger laughing stock by walking out now. You've done so well to sit through the half hour of dread but then you go and throw away all your bladey credentials and actually embarrass us on national TV just as much as that back 5.
Bladey Blade Scale = David Unsworth

0-5 - Why? You've sat through all that and you choose the 5th as your point to leave? What about those poor subs who came on and battled out a 0-0 for the rest of the 90? Did they not deserve your support to the end? You could easily have been Blades legends but you threw it all away and you actively hate the club now don't you? Unbelieveable.
Bladey Blade Scale = Nathan Blake

Stayed to the end - Bravo - you are the Blades we all aspire to be. Forget those who were at Port Vale or anyone who went to Stevenage away - you are the true Blayards out there. Deserve 10,000 loyalty points and a lunch with the Prince (or at the very least an interview). You absolute sado-masochists you.
Bladey Blade Scale = If scientists could spawn a baby with the genes of Billy Sharp, Bob Booker, Jimmy Hagan, TC and BTL then that's you that is. There's no bigger Blade than you Seth.
Left straight after 2nd went in thankfully

I have tried to tell myself that this season is lost cause and the games will be more or less massacres, but still I tend to get exited in the beginning of each game and even more if it looks like we are attacking and having the posession..

The bright side is, that I enjoy those few goals like they are World Cup winners (on last one I clapped my hands together - like a mentally limited animal - so hard I had sore left hand still after the game) and draws feel like won battles (as we usually ain't on the lead).. When we end up winning it lifts me up so high that next crashing game feels almost like a hangover..

Stayed to the end as I did against Newcastle, Burnley & Brighton. I was also at the Port Vale game under Heath and Stevenage away…. I regret it all and wish I’d done something more enjoyable - don’t be an idiot like me.

Back
Top Bottom