Yusuf Giansiracusa - "Chairman"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So, by that logic you wouldn’t want Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk buying us then?

“Thank you for your offer to buy the club gentlemen, I can see account statements showing your combine wealth totalling approx. $1 trillion. That just leaves one last thing before we complete the transaction… Can you tell me who scored the winning goal for Wimbledon in the 1988 FA Cup Final?”
Chairman leans over and whispers. Smug look, "Boris Beckerman ?"

Says pretty much the same thing without making him sound like an uncaring bell end
He’s being honest, he is an uncaring bell end and passed on the message the Prince is also an uncaring bell end. We wanted honesty, we got it yesterday.

As for Hecky I can see a situation where he knows Prince wants to sell and buyers will likely want their own manager/head coach. So he says he will do it but wants a payoff when new owners come in and sack him. Answer, it won’t be out of HRH pocket when his contact is terminated so here’s a 4.5 year deal. Meanwhile run the club without spend my munneh.

Liverpool owners knew about sports and how to run successful businesses but as you say they didn't know football. They have done a good job by hiring the right people and supporting them.
What we have is someone who has inherited money and is playing at being a club owner.
Neither him nor the chairman or CEO of united world are remotely near the caliber of businessmen that own Liverpool.
Wouldn't mind being a quid behind them in their wealth

This club , amongst its many failings , can't even serve me a pint at half-time , which is nothing to be proud of.

If it can't do that , I don't see us building a Cat 1 Academy , if Bettis' weasely promises are the best we can get.
Compass catering not sufc

Trying to be positive. Maybe there is a lot more good football to be had from the likes of stevens , Norwood, fleck, mcburnie and mousset with a manager that A) hasn’t had mental meltdown under the pressure of losing against vastly better resourced clubs in the prem B) has got language issues and is trying to radically change the style of play with no success or buy in from the players. All our team have shown that they have the capacity to play at a high level in the champ and are not to old to have a revival ( Billy Didsy already fine ) . I think Hecky will be a breath of fresh air to them and a few good results restore confidence. He will go back to basics - not playing out from back, high energy ball winning and attacking which will be better to watch. The narrative could be completely different and on a roll by the new year. Like I said trying to be positive.

I did wonder at one point during that presser, whether all the “long term strategy” bullshit was a paranoid—or at least, defensive and over-sensitive—response to the claim the club has been drifting off the field, with bugger all direction or structure.

It certainly had a strong whiff of “we do protest too much, but the peasants are wrong, we know exactly what we’re doing”.

Anyone who has worked in large organisations with a corporate mindset will likely have seen similar.

The issue is this is clearly the second iteration of the plan. The initial iteration involved appointing an expensive manager and you would assume appropriately backing him 4 months later we have a new plan. I’m not necessarily against that as plan a wasn’t working but there’s no guarantee we see year 2 of this plan. Ultimately it’ll be shown in time and it’s all done bar the shouting now hecky has my full support and I hope he and his team do well.

I’d believe a lot more in the commit the board has to the plan once they break ground on the long promised but so far undelivered infrastructure improvements.

Bit unfair on Slav to say the plan wasn't working when he wasn't backed.

Im not a football man. I am chairman. What the fuck does this mean??
It means he's a chairman and lawyer of a limited company who has to deal with the business side ,hopefully we are putting in place a team that looks after their expertise football . Round pegs in round holes .

Remember slav said he was a head coach not a manager .

A chairman doesn’t need to be an expert in HR or genius R&D engineer. He needs to be a good leader and able to lay the foundations so an organisation can flourish. Far too much stock in football is placed on whether or not someone can recite scores from the 1984 European Cup Quarter Finals. If an organisation has turned over £400m over 4 years, you need someone that knows business principles, and get those in place that know football.
The issue that concerns me is his poor PR skills. Alienating your customer base isn't a good tactic.

where the fuck have you been for the last 2 years ?
they are supposed to have been doing this since the Prince gained ownership
and in that time the club has fallen off a feckin cliff !!
having not one jot of tangible benefit from the £250m which has slipped through its fingers
I'm sure wages has taken a nice slice of that ,and 40m for the freehold at the lane ,shirecliffe and crookes ,5 m/10m on the lane getting it ready for the prem ,but no tangible benefits .the one disappointment for me is that we spunked cash on sub standard players but haven't done the kop when lockdown was on .

We’ll I watched a different one to you in which I heard the following statements….

“SJ was appointed before they had a written a strategic plan. When they'd written it he wasn't part of the

“The new manager won't be judged on results on the pitch” And even if that could make any sense, Bettis had said in the official statement that results weren't good enough and that's why Slav was sacked.

Sounds like a really successfully run business - Y’know
Well that was an expensive mistake then, going to cost us millions in a pay off for Slav and his coaches
Pity we didn’t have a 3 pillar 5 year strategy in place after relegation
You couldn’t make it up

At least we can blame the invisible man with the American accent when it all goes pear shape.
That’s a big relief for all of us

They have slowly but surely realised that they have over reached their capabilities in running a football club,or a number of football clubs as is the case.It's a fantasy football game that has gone badly wrong for them on and off the pitch,now they're wanting to distance themselves from the results of their laughable strategic plan but they're have lost all credibility as owners.If they are stepping back from football matters what were they doing before,messing in them,getting them wrong and peering off managers,that's what,total amateurs.

Bit unfair on Slav to say the plan wasn't working when he wasn't backed.
Going on what’s sense could be gleaned from the confusing contradictions which were thrown out in relation to Slav yesterday he’d still be here if we were top 6 regardless of what else was said they’d have just waited longer to implement their new grand plan. In that respect being sat 16th is a failure now as to whether top 6 was a reasonable target I dunno but that was clearly his brief.

My question would be if you don't know much about football what the fuck are you doing being the chairman of a football club?

He’s currently a figurehead. He’s not running the show on a day to day basis. Presumably that’s Bettis, subject to any restrictions placed on him.

Some need to get a grip.

At least we can blame the invisible man with the American accent when it all goes pear shape.
That’s a big relief for all of us

Yusuf Giansiracusa comes across as arrogant and a chairman who only wants yes men. Such a big mistake, people who make companies great listen to the people who they employ, they don't spout on about I'm chairman so what I say goes. That sort of person is usually very insecure about their own abilities and is very quick to dissolve responsibility (seen it lots of times before and seems to be doing it already).

I wish Paul all the best and he did a decent job in difficult circumstances. The Manager should push the board for better players and a reasonable spend, like Wilder or Slav we know the outcome if he does!

He’s currently a figurehead. He’s not running the show on a day to day basis. Presumably that’s Bettis, subject to any restrictions placed on him.

Some need to get a grip.
That was the best thing about yesterday in my point of view for the first time since wilder left we seemed to get some clearly defined roles. Hecky and Lester handling the football side of the day to day running of the club with Bettis going back onto solely the commercial side of things and the board evaluations their actions and holding them to account where necessary. Up until yesterday it’s seemed like people were scrambling round fire fighting after wilder left. Don’t get me wrong it’s well last time but better late than never.

I actually like him. He’s a businessman running a business.
Leaving the football matters to football people. I can’t see what’s wrong with that.
Most companies do this.
I guess time will tell if his promises of leaving football matters to the “experts” will happen.
You actually like him FFS he shown nothing but utter contempt for football and Sheffield
He may be a businessman/lawyer but if he’s got no idea or interest in football what’s he doing at our club get shut ASAP please

You actually like him FFS he shown nothing but utter contempt for football and Sheffield
He may be a businessman/lawyer but if he’s got no idea or interest in football what’s he doing at our club get shut ASAP please
He's a chancer in all but name,he saw his chance to get control of the club due to the mistakes that McCabe made, and it wasn't for the good of the club or the fans,it was all about for the good of him,well the brown stuff is Higginbotham fan big-time now,so no wonder he is going to hide away.

Liverpool owners knew about sports and how to run successful businesses but as you say they didn't know football. They have done a good job by hiring the right people and supporting them.
What we have is someone who has inherited money and is playing at being a club owner.
Neither him nor the chairman or CEO of united world are remotely near the caliber of businessmen that own Liverpool.
And yet a good chunk of Liverpool fans still want rid by all accounts

Whatever the strategy was or now is, the culture in the club has to be right for that strategy to work.
Wilder created a culture that enabled people to feel part of something special, to be at their best and the results of it were brilliant. For a while. And we all loved it.
It didn’t last though & the culture in the club seemed to change. People started looking out for themselves, relationships soured & the fallout has been significant.
Yesterday did little to suggest to me the culture has changed. The Chairman revealed a strategy - great. But no-one openly addressed the culture.
My hope is that Hecky and the football people get the football side working. I think he came out of yesterday with plenty of credit and I’ll be right behind him.
Get the dressing room back, chop out the dead wood, bring in only the things we really need & grow from within. That’s OK.
As for off the pitch - let’s hope the strategy & Hecky’s appointment start to create a culture that allows the strategy to work.
Only time will tell.

I found this from the Dubai camp a couple of years ago, what was his role at this point?

1637920852920.png

And yet a good chunk of Liverpool fans still want rid by all accounts
Success means that fans can become impatient especially since they haven't invested much this season. But on the whole John Henry has done a good job in improving both Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox.

As for us I am not overly concerned about having wealthy owners. I am more concerned with the management of the club overall. The direction seems to be inconsistent and reactionary. The Prince and his cohort do not want any dissenting views. And that limits open communication on what needs to be fixed at the club. The press conference seemed to be a PR exercise in trying to camouflage the fact that they didn't have a strategy after Wilder left and that we don't have money.

Whatever the strategy was or now is, the culture in the club has to be right for that strategy to work.
Wilder created a culture that enabled people to feel part of something special, to be at their best and the results of it were brilliant. For a while. And we all loved it.
It didn’t last though & the culture in the club seemed to change. People started looking out for themselves, relationships soured & the fallout has been significant.
Yesterday did little to suggest to me the culture has changed. The Chairman revealed a strategy - great. But no-one openly addressed the culture.
My hope is that Hecky and the football people get the football side working. I think he came out of yesterday with plenty of credit and I’ll be right behind him.
Get the dressing room back, chop out the dead wood, bring in only the things we really need & grow from within. That’s OK.
As for off the pitch - let’s hope the strategy & Hecky’s appointment start to create a culture that allows the strategy to work.
Only time will tell.
Absolutely nailed it.

They had a few months with Hecky in charge while they formulated a plan. They acted on that plan and then said they didn’t have all the facts and the plan wasn’t even ready but they made a long term decision anyway. What makes anyone think he has all the facts now. I watched that and read between the lines and all I heard from the Chairman was that he has failed in his role, he’s incompetent and that he doesn’t care.

Hecky will be out by the end of the season. He comes across really well, is a good communicator and is likeable but he did fuck all with these players at the end of last season and he’s going to do fuck all with them now. He’s a lower champ / league 1 manager and has not really achieved anything in his career. What a fucking shit show. We are in a bad place just now and I can’t see it getting better with these clowns in charge.

It was an extremely bizarre interview. One that if I was the owner and watch it back I’d be pretty pissed off about. The Prince seems an ok guy from the interviews he gives but puts its trust and confidence in the wrong people. Jim Phipps was another completely out his depth

Back
Top Bottom