Yusuf Giansiracusa - "Chairman"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My question would be if you don't know much about football what the fuck are you doing being the chairman of a football club?
A chairman doesn’t need to be an expert in HR or genius R&D engineer. He needs to be a good leader and able to lay the foundations so an organisation can flourish. Far too much stock in football is placed on whether or not someone can recite scores from the 1984 European Cup Quarter Finals. If an organisation has turned over £400m over 4 years, you need someone that knows business principles, and get those in place that know football.

At the time when the club, players & fans needed galvanising, when the outside world was keenly watching our next move, when the time was right for a tub thumping Churcillian type speech to define clearly our future - what do we get?

Some half hearted spokesperson for the owner who cares little for the club or indeed the City & in delivering his Press Conference virtually gave us his resignation speech.

Shambolic United, utterly piss poor.

At the time when the club, players & fans needed galvanising, when the outside world was keenly watching our next move, when the time was right for a tub thumping Churcillian type speech to define clearly our future - what do we get?

Some half hearted spokesperson for the owner who cares little for the club or indeed the City & in delivering his Press Conference virtually gave us his resignation speech.

Shambolic United, utterly piss poor.
I must have watched a different conference then. I saw a discussion about running the club sustainably, investing in facilities and youth, structuring the club correctly and operating to a unified strategic plan. Y’know, like all successful businesses do…

I must have watched a different conference then. I saw a discussion about running the club sustainably, investing in facilities and youth, structuring the club correctly and operating to a unified strategic plan. Y’know, like all successful businesses do…
We’ll I watched a different one to you in which I heard the following statements….

“SJ was appointed before they had a written a strategic plan. When they'd written it he wasn't part of the plan!!”

And

“The new manager won't be judged on results on the pitch” And even if that could make any sense, Bettis had said in the official statement that results weren't good enough and that's why Slav was sacked.

Sounds like a really successfully run business - Y’know

We’ll I watched a different one to you in which I heard the following statements….

“SJ was appointed before they had a written a strategic plan. When they'd written it he wasn't part of the plan!!”

And

“The new manager won't be judged on results on the pitch” And even if that could make any sense, Bettis had said in the official statement that results weren't good enough and that's why Slav was sacked.

It’s all BS pal… he said Slav was out because he didn’t fit the plan and then said he would still be in it results were better and that the plan wouldn’t be written.

"Paul’s style and ethos matches that of the club and (1) we will support him where possible . We have enough league games remaining, (2) we know we have the ability and resources within our playing squad to start picking up points and climbing the league table.”

(1) 🤣 oh yeh

(2) 🙏 oh yeh

A chairman doesn’t need to be an expert in HR or genius R&D engineer. He needs to be a good leader and able to lay the foundations so an organisation can flourish. Far too much stock in football is placed on whether or not someone can recite scores from the 1984 European Cup Quarter Finals. If an organisation has turned over £400m over 4 years, you need someone that knows business principles, and get those in place that know football.
Don't buy this at all. You've got people who know FA about football deciding who should be the manager. And they're deciding what his reach should be, what the first team needs. You've had 2 managers call them out for getting it wrong and damaging the football side in turn.
If the football side isn't right the turnover drops very very quickly.

My question would be if you don't know much about football what the fuck are you doing being the chairman of a football club?
You can liken that to anything…..for example…why the fuck was the CEO of Coca Cola appointed CEO of Apple when he knew fuck all about computers.
It’s all just numbers. At the end of the day, it’s a business. It has to make money to survive. So let it be run by business people and let the football side be run by football people.

And

I haven’t watched this.

Are the ‘quotes’ you’ve provided actual quotes?

Isn't that what chairmen do? Step in to protect their board members decisions even if they think they fucked up 🤷‍♂️

Suppose, but I think they'd probably try and inspire more/use their words more wisely. I don't mind that some random lawyer doesn't have a hand in the football side don't get me wrong, but there were parts that were more "I don't give a flying fuck" than "I trust people who know more than I".

The blokes an utter c u next Tuesday

But I quite like him he just doesn’t give a f@ck and that’s quite commendable 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure who’d qualify as a ’well known solicitor’ in the Middle East, but he appears to work at Jones Day. 13th most profitable law firm in the world, with profits per equity partner at about $1.3 million a year. They act for Trump, so I certainly wouldn’t instruct them, and he may not know anything about football, but it’s a bit unfair to portray him as a hack. He’s obviously a good lawyer.

[Goes back to lurking, having defended his profession]

I don’t know how good a lawyer he is (Jones Day certainly out manoeuvred McCabe) but he strikes me as utterly unsuited to doing the job he’s doing now.

Lawyers shouldn’t dabble like this IMHO.

He came across appallingly today. This guy, a relatively unknown solicitor in the Middle East, who by his own admission "isn't a football guy" is head of Board at our club. Imagine being Wilder or Slav and having to take direction from that clown?
If you're not a football guy, fuck off is the message he needs to hear.

Ask the Liverpool owners the same question they've been pretty successful
Yeah but they were involved with other sports also so the cross over is not as big as this.
What we have is an owner who can't have any disagreement on his views and a board who could not put a plan in place even though Wilder left well before relegation. That smacks of not having a clue about anything. And considering the performance of the rest of united world it looks like its not going to get better.

Yeah but they were involved with other sports also so the cross over is not as big as this.
What we have is an owner who can't have any disagreement on his views and a board who could not put a plan in place even though Wilder left well before relegation. That smacks of not having a clue about anything. And considering the performance of the rest of united world it looks like its not going to get better.
But did they know anything about football? The United World project has only just been put together so I wouldn't blame beerschott and chateaux current positions on our owners.

Liverpool owners knew about sports and how to run successful businesses but as you say they didn't know football. They have done a good job by hiring the right people and supporting them.
What we have is someone who has inherited money and is playing at being a club owner.
Neither him nor the chairman or CEO of united world are remotely near the caliber of businessmen that own Liverpool.

You can liken that to anything…..for example…why the fuck was the CEO of Coca Cola appointed CEO of Apple when he knew fuck all about computers.
It’s all just numbers. At the end of the day, it’s a business. It has to make money to survive. So let it be run by business people and let the football side be run by football people.
Going back 40 years, I worked for a small, family owned manufacturing plc that bumbled along profitably and unremarkably, with a turnover of about £10m. The family member chairman seemed to use the company as a bit of a cash cow

Gradually however, he surrounded himself with people who understood the business much better than he did and today, that small company has a turnover of £250m and a market value of more than £1 billion.

There’s no direct comparison, but as you say, if we end up with football people running the football and business people steering the ship, that has at least a fair chance of working.

I listened to the hour long presentation and my view of Yusev is positive. No nonsense tells it like it is and doesn’t suffer fools.
At no time did I get impression he doesn’t care about the club.
I like his attitude frankly. Also media comments today have dissed the boards treatment of Slav.
The chairman gave praise and called him and team a class act so misleading portrayal.
Bottom line is the boards 5 yr plan means promoting youth year 1 and promotion yr 2 without spending big money. Then if promotion years 3 -5 means premier money bankrolls higher spending and academy.
Slav year 1 in January wanted money for 3 players so prob £30m so immediate fall out and Slav has made his feelings clear.

Back
Top Bottom