Your favourite FA cup memory in one photo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sheffield-united-v-burscough-1979-80-fa--25457-p.jpg

My first FA Cup game.
From memory I think Burscough were holding us to 0-0 at half time and played well, with maybe fitness taking over in the last 30 mins for us and we came out 3-0 winners (I think!). Struggling to remember who scored too (Flood got one maybe?, Bourne?)
My first ever Blades match, stood on John St

Not my favourite but a great memory of this FA Cup replay at Rushden and Diamonds in 99. A great away trip.

sheffield-uniteds-goalkeeper-simon-tracey-celebrates-his-sides-win-G4TM7W.jpg
Great photo of my favourite player!! It was the only game on that night and this picture made to the Metro back page next morning!! Brilliant.

Asking for someone to post a photo from this game if possible ...........

I think it was my first ever away game. Loosing 0-3 to Leicester, in Round 3 I think, at the old Filbert Street.

I was only a nipper and my only memories are we were rubbish and they were demolishing the far side of the ground at the time.

Oh, and I think it was Keith Wella or maybe Alan Whittle ? who played in black stockings (under their shorts to be clear)

Any kids reading this thread here is evidence that we did used to win penalty shoot outs at one time .

Asking for someone to post a photo from this game if possible ...........

I think it was my first ever away game. Loosing 0-3 to Leicester, in Round 3 I think, at the old Filbert Street.

I was only a nipper and my only memories are we were rubbish and they were demolishing the far side of the ground at the time.

Oh, and I think it was Keith Wella or maybe Alan Whittle ? who played in black stockings (under their shorts to be clear)
It would've been Keith Weller.

Carl Veart fa cup 3rd rnd 1996,1-0 replay v Arsenal at the lane, Seaman had just split from his missus, in the car going home afterwards on Rad sheff. Seamans ex come on to say how delighted she was the blades had won, in fact she was bloody ecstatic, i was pissing myself laughing that much i had to stop the car.
Paul Walker just didn't know what to say.
Paul Walker the consummate professional.

just on the complete opposite to this thread the worst fa cup match for me was arsenal 3rd round at the lane maybe 77/78 4 down after 18 minutes i think and malcolm macdonald had bagged himself a hat trick 😭

Sorry not a photo as such but this was my first fa cup match that I attended and was just superb entertainment. Any notice the future blade who scored for the visitors?
It was my first match. I'd been to tail end of games with my Dad when they used to open the gates 10 or 15 mins from the end, but this was my first paid game. I was hooked. Didn't miss another home game that season and went to a couple away. Season ticket for years after that before moving away

It was my first match. I'd been to tail end of games with my Dad when they used to open the gates 10 or 15 mins from the end, but this was my first paid game. I was hooked. Didn't miss another home game that season and went to a couple away. Season ticket for years after that before moving away
''Hooked'' is right!! There's no logic to it really but I felt the same. There was something about that game that just summed football and united up for me. We won the replay 2-0 (deano twice i think) and i kept the goals on vhs from the bbc coverage for years and years. Was it Norwich we got next? Of all the FA Cup i wish i could have gone to then that would be the one!!

from-left-goal-scorer-dane-whitehouse-is-congratulated-by-sheffield-teammates-glyn-hodges-chri...jpg

My dad bought tickets in the home end and I did NOT want to go. Seaman, Adams, Merson, Wright (plus Platt and Bergkamp) vs the plucky Blades.

I was only 12 and didn't fancy getting thrashed and then jumped by the Arsenal fans, but to be fair they were decent about it even when my dad jumped up and shouted when Dane equalised.

Loved both these goals , I was in the away end at Highbury when marcelo equalised , regardless of the result felt amazing to be in that clock end full of blades and to be able to go nuts and celebrate.didnt get to the Coventry game but listened on the radio and then watched the highlights and to see our very own Brazilian sprint across to the blades take his shirt off and launch it in to the crowd was I brilliant sight.

Couldn't find actual pics so took numerous screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230112-121524_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-121524_YouTube.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230112-121515_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-121515_YouTube.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230112-121510_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-121510_YouTube.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230112-121503_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-121503_YouTube.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230112-121454_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-121454_YouTube.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230112-121314_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-121314_YouTube.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230112-121310_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-121310_YouTube.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230112-121532_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-121532_YouTube.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 6
Carl Veart fa cup 3rd rnd 1996,1-0 replay v Arsenal at the lane, Seaman had just split from his missus, in the car going home afterwards on Rad sheff. Seamans ex come on to say how delighted she was the blades had won, in fact she was bloody ecstatic, i was pissing myself laughing that much i had to stop the car.
Paul Walker just didn't know what to say.

Paul Walker the consummate professional.
Can't have been PW. He was only 18 when the above game was played. He may have been working for Hallam at that stage, but he certainly wasn't working for Radio Sheffield.

Can't have been PW. He was only 18 when the above game was played. He may have been working for Hallam at that stage, but he certainly wasn't working for Radio Sheffield.
Think your right when I have thought about it, Simon Clarke I suspect. PW took over from him

Huddersfield away in 3rd round, Jan 1989 (I think). Can’t find the picture but can still see it play clearly in my mind.

Playing towards the opposite end (the cow shed), Agana is sent free down the right wing. He checks inside his man and twats it left footed into the top corner from what looked like miles out from the away end.

There was a great picture in the programme the following week.

WalthamstowBlade - has it made any of the videos you managed to compile?

just on the complete opposite to this thread the worst fa cup match for me was arsenal 3rd round at the lane maybe 77/78 4 down after 18 minutes i think and malcolm macdonald had bagged himself a hat trick 😭
Including Eddie Colquhoun's tremendous leap to pluck the ball out of the air (no stright red back then) somewhere between the half way line and penalty area in front of the Bramall lane end to prevent an Arsenal forward a free run in on goal.
Also, Chico Hamilton's (possibly ?) penalty, same end, sending Pat Jennings the wrong way but he saved it with his legs regardless.

Huddersfield away in 3rd round, Jan 1989 (I think). Can’t find the picture but can still see it play clearly in my mind.

Playing towards the opposite end (the cow shed), Agana is sent free down the right wing. He checks inside his man and twats it left footed into the top corner from what looked like miles out from the away end.

There was a great picture in the programme the following week.

WalthamstowBlade - has it made any of the videos you managed to compile?
It’s at 34;30 in this video

Much nearer the far end than memory led me to believe and completely different build up. Goal was as good as I remembered

May be so, think your post should have been addressed to diode.
I was only being sarcastic towards PW as it happens, despite he is the best of a bad, bad bunch.
God the plot thickens, Simon Clarke seem to be the font of all Radio Sheffield's evils.

Back
Top Bottom