Your favourite FA cup memory in one photo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

joe-hart-man-city.jpg

Sorry not a photo as such but this was my first fa cup match that I attended and was just superb entertainment. Any notice the future blade who scored for the visitors?

Attachments

• 2EF40F4A-66B1-4F39-9B9F-AE7F4E8A0FF6.jpeg
    2EF40F4A-66B1-4F39-9B9F-AE7F4E8A0FF6.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 153

March, 1960, 6th Round, 3-1 win over Newcastle away (first team, for the benefit of Wednesdayites). Crowd of over 54000, including 18000 Blades, Russell scored a hat-trick in the first 18 minutes, leading to over an hour of Ilkla Moor from all 4 sides of the ground. And also led to the first semi-final for Utd in my lifetime. We were standing behind the goal where the hat-trick was scored. Russell’s 2nd goal, from my scrapbook, below:
B309AAA0-8F07-4563-ADEB-0756326CE4E1.jpeg

I also was there that day, but we some how finished up on their Kop and were for us, very quiet....... :rolleyes:

But yes defiantly one of my favourites........👍

Genuine question: Does his son get hairplugs? Male pattern baldness is usually inescapable!

The received wisdom is that it comes from the mother’s genes, rather than the father’s, so it usually depends on a person’s maternal grandfather.

March, 1960, 6th Round, 3-1 win over Newcastle away (first team, for the benefit of Wednesdayites). Crowd of over 54000, including 18000 Blades, Russell scored a hat-trick in the first 18 minutes, leading to over an hour of Ilkla Moor from all 4 sides of the ground. And also led to the first semi-final for Utd in my lifetime. We were standing behind the goal where the hat-trick was scored. Russell’s 2nd goal, from my scrapbook, below:
View attachment 150672
i remember that one hodgy as a kid unbelievable scoreline was their really 18k united fans there ?

Back
Top Bottom