Woody's leaving do

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Really wanted to go to this but was on me holidays!!!! Woody is may all time favourite Blade. Good luck and best wishes to him.
UTB!

Sorry Silent, been snowed under with work, media requests to send sarcastic responses to and the car starting to break down...

Will try and get a few minutes after I've cooked and eaten tea for a quite run through and a couple of pics for ya :)

I thought it was a great night. I went with our old bloke whose era they were and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I got the impression that TC wasn't impressed with the quality of our current squad. Might just be me but they auctioned TC's final cap (won whilst at Leeds) and he advised his greatest goal was one at Leeds where he bent it round the keeper. Not much to do with the Blades those memories!

I can't help thinking that Mr Currie always displays a modicum of impatience and condescension at these Q & A do's?

I can't help thinking that Mr Currie always displays a modicum of impatience and condescension at these Q & A do's?
That's TC ,I saw him on Sunday in Asda in Gateford as it happens ,he knows my lad ,Conversation went :
Orl Right
Ey up Tony ,how things ?
Ohhh So so.

and off I went to get my Taters.

Was a good night, started with drinks in the new "International" bar before moving through into TC10 (the recently refurbished restaurant on level 2 of John Street).

As well as the three on stage, numerous club staff were around, Ted Hemsley (though it was a little unfortunate they didn't involve him more given he was there), Bobby Knutt and a few of the more recent academy lads arrived later on.

First up was the pie and peas, then John Garrett and Martin Green (of Redtooth) introduced the three main men of the evening.

Each player was introduced with a video, Woody and TC with goal compilations and Eddie with the story on how they got him his deserved Scotland cap (got hold of his birth certificate on false pretences, to apply to the Scottish FA) and a replay of him being surprised with it at the 125 night.

Woody was in fine form, mainly displaying his dry wit at TC's expense. He spoke of how it was great to be back over here, but joking he came all this way to leave with nothing after TC was voted the greatest player.

TC spoke about how it was a great honour to have been voted the greatest, especially amongst some great names.

Eddie joked that he was made up with the cap as he'd finally got something to Ebay.

It went on to questions about their careers, playing together, great goals, best players they've played with and against and a range of the usual questions most ex-footballers are asked.

I'm not sure whether or not the club are intending to reproduce the questions and answers in print or video form, so I'll hold off my memories of them for now.

The three then moved on to the top of the room to sign souvenirs and take photos, asking for a donation to Bluebell Wood for those taking them up on the offer.

As ever, they were approachable and appreciative of the turn out and words of the fans.

I've been lucky enough to see Woody and Eddie a number of times during Woody's trip across and for the first time in an informal setting, I have to say both are true gents.

Some photos (click for full size):

All.jpg WoodyTCEddie2.jpg Woody.jpg

TC.jpg eddie.jpg

Was a good night, started with drinks in the new "International" bar before moving through into TC10 (the recently refurbished restaurant on level 2 of John Street).

As well as the three on stage, numerous club staff were around, Ted Hemsley (though it was a little unfortunate they didn't involve him more given he was there), Bobby Knutt and a few of the more recent academy lads arrived later on.

First up was the pie and peas, then John Garrett and Martin Green (of Redtooth) introduced the three main men of the evening.

Each player was introduced with a video, Woody and TC with goal compilations and Eddie with the story on how they got him his deserved Scotland cap (got hold of his birth certificate on false pretences, to apply to the Scottish FA) and a replay of him being surprised with it at the 125 night.

Woody was in fine form, mainly displaying his dry wit at TC's expense. He spoke of how it was great to be back over here, but joking he came all this way to leave with nothing after TC was voted the greatest player.

TC spoke about how it was a great honour to have been voted the greatest, especially amongst some great names.

Eddie joked that he was made up with the cap as he'd finally got something to Ebay.

It went on to questions about their careers, playing together, great goals, best players they've played with and against and a range of the usual questions most ex-footballers are asked.

I'm not sure whether or not the club are intending to reproduce the questions and answers in print or video form, so I'll hold off my memories of them for now.

The three then moved on to the top of the room to sign souvenirs and take photos, asking for a donation to Bluebell Wood for those taking them up on the offer.

As ever, they were approachable and appreciative of the turn out and words of the fans.

I've been lucky enough to see Woody and Eddie a number of times during Woody's trip across and for the first time in an informal setting, I have to say both are true gents.

Some photos (click for full size):

No one ask him about the Motty classic 'a quality goal by a quality player'?

He said he didn't think it was THAT great as all their players backed off and never tried to tackle him.
I agree with TC there, I was sat in the BLUT and believe me, my view of the goal doesnt look as impressive as it does on TV. His shot was mishit and the ball bobbled in an inswinger direction all the way into the net. On tv it seemed that it was a well executed placement into the net, I think TC was shaping up to fire the ball into the top corner of the net, Mervyn Day seemed to read that and ready to dive to his right, but the ball bobbled causing TC to mishit the shot which fooled Day

I agree with TC there, I was sat in the BLUT and believe me, my view of the goal doesnt look as impressive as it does on TV. His shot was mishit and the ball bobbled in an inswinger direction all the way into the net. On tv it seemed that it was a well executed placement into the net, I think TC was shaping up to fire the ball into the top corner of the net, Mervyn Day seemed to read that and ready to dive to his right, but the ball bobbled causing TC to mishit the shot which fooled Day

I'll never believe this.

Exactly as I saw it, Silent. The one thing I do think stands out from this match was TC, deep in his own penalty area (Kop end), and 3 or 4 West Ham players were closing in on him. TC feinted one way, dropped a shoulder etc. and, suddenly TC had 'developed' clear space around himself. He hadn't touched the ball once!

Exactly as I saw it, Silent. The one thing I do think stands out from this match was TC, deep in his own penalty area (Kop end), and 3 or 4 West Ham players were closing in on him. TC feinted one way, dropped a shoulder etc. and, suddenly TC had 'developed' clear space around himself. He hadn't touched the ball once!
I did think that his feinting and shimmying was top class. Not long after the goal TC nearly clinched his hat trick in spectacular style, he collected the ball about 30 yards from goal, sold the dummy to two players running away from goal and then turned quickly to fire in a powerful shot to the roof of the net but Day fingertipped it over the bar

Back
Top Bottom