Prince Abdullah

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And you failed to mention loan fees, wages for playing and non playing staff, covering shortfall from seasons in the championship, policing costs, general costs of running a huge business, youth budget, travel and accomodation costs

We don't sell millions of shirts abroad like other clubs, we don't charge 70 quid for a basic seat

As I said I'm not a prince fan, but anyone who can't understand the fundamentals and costs of running a business amazes me.
Don’t worry, you’ll get the hang of it soon.

Not sure I believe £30m net spend this season...

In: £48m (Archer £18m, Hamer £11m, Souza £7m, Trusty £5m, Traoré £4m, Grbic £2m, Slimane £1m)
Out: £35m (Ndiaye £20m, Berge £15m)

Net £13m.
I personally think your numbers are way out TBH.

In (£56 mil):
Archer 18
Hamer 15
Souza 10
Trusty 5
Traore 4
Grbic 2
Slimane 2

Out (£26 mil):
Ndiaye 14
Berge 12

I have it down as £30 million. All of these have add-ons that put the fees higher or lower, and these are all the reported fees so no way for knowing for sure. I'm sure this is what they will use as their reference point though.

Edit: I think Ndiaye was more likely to be about 17 so i have it down as around 27.

We made a profit on the two premier league years before and I guess we will on this one too. Some of that profit is are up by championship years but to still be peddling the net spend line when that's pretty much irrelevant is maddening.

To get to established premier league level we need a owner able/willing to eat up a few years of making a loss in the Premier league while building a squad. The Prince isn't that. I don't hate him for not being wealthy enough but it's absolutely clear he's got to go asap for the good of the club.

For the fag packet accountants

Figures 2022 to 2023

A Turnover

B Cost of sales

C Gross Profit

D Admin expenses

E Available funds

F Player expenditure

G Capital expenditure

H Total F+G

£

A 325043031 B 201807595

C 123236446

D 51329532

E 71906914

F 112703600

G 50911226

H 163694826

With £72m we had available we spent £164m. £92m overspend less transfer fees received (cba anyone?)

Mortgage £30m, additional owner investment and loans needed to cover.

The timing differences are what causes issues such as the transfer embargo.

So, simply, that’s weer munnys gone.

We made a profit on the two premier league years before and I guess we will on this one too. Some of that profit is are up by championship years but to still be peddling the net spend line when that's pretty much irrelevant is maddening.

To get to established premier league level we need a owner able/willing to eat up a few years of making a loss in the Premier league while building a squad. The Prince isn't that. I don't hate him for not being wealthy enough but it's absolutely clear he's got to go asap for the good of the club.

More likely all of the PL profits are eaten up by Championship losses.

What worries me, is that we were incredibly sluggish in the summer, to simply get Slimane, Larouci, Traore and Souza in. Four players, that's it.

How on earth are we going to organise and negotiate the level of recruitment we need this summer when we were still patching together a starting 11 come August. Let alone, how are we going to afford it?!
Hopefully we don’t employ the same strategy of tossing the first few games of the season off as this season. We’ll be 5 games in before the window shuts and those Leicester and Leeds cast offs on loan won’t help pull back the points we’ve missed.

We know we’re relegated now, we have months to plan and identify players for next season, tap them up like people apparently do to ours and make sure we hit the first game having had a good pre season with a decent squad in place. There’s no excuse to be behind the curve this time.

Hopefully we don’t employ the same strategy of tossing the first few games of the season off as this season. We’ll be 5 games in before the window shuts and those Leicester and Leeds cast offs on loan won’t help pull back the points we’ve missed.

We know we’re relegated now, we have months to plan and identify players for next season, tap them up like people apparently do to ours and make sure we hit the first game having had a good pre season with a decent squad in place. There’s no excuse to be behind the curve this time.

Absolutely. No excuses not to come out of the traps flying on Day One next season.

As things stand we've got (assuming a 4-2-3-1)

Grbic
Bogle-Anel-Trusty-RND
Sousa-Norwood/Arblaster
TBC-Hamer-Brooks
Osula/Brewster/Jebbison

So we need an attacking midfielder/maybe two in the roles currently being occupied by McAtee/BBD.

The balance is going to be getting the likes of Brooks, Arblaster Osula, RND the experience this season without ruining them. But you'd think half a season in the PL will mean they find the game much slower next season ...

Whisper it, but I'm quietly confident for next season (probably get lynched for bringing a smirk of optimism round these parts this week of all weeks!)

Not sure I believe £30m net spend this season...

In: £48m (Archer £18m, Hamer £11m, Souza £7m, Trusty £5m, Traoré £4m, Grbic £2m, Slimane £1m)
Out: £35m (Ndiaye £20m, Berge £15m)

Net £13m.
I suppose it depends what figures you believe.

I’ve seen Hamer 15m (+4), Souza 12 (+5), Grbic 2.5m (+0.5), Slimane 2.7m (+1.7) and I’ve also seen lower figures for Berge 12m (-3) and Ndiaye 15m (-5).

That would make your 13m come to 32m just on variation of reports.

That’s the fun of undisclosed fees; you can drop what you want in the ear of local journalists depending if you want to show yourself as ambitious or frugal with the club’s funds.

I’ve seen Hamer 15m (+4), Souza 12 (+5), Grbic 2.5m (+0.5), Slimane 2.7m (+1.7) and I’ve also seen lower figures for Berge 12m (-3) and Ndiaye 15m (-5).

That’s the fun of undisclosed fees; you can drop what you want in the ear of local journalists depending if you want to show yourself as ambitious or frugal with the club’s funds.
Souza is more like 5 m than 15

I personally think your numbers are way out TBH.

In (£56 mil):
Archer 18
Hamer 15
Souza 10
Trusty 5
Traore 4
Grbic 2
Slimane 2

Out (£26 mil):
Ndiaye 14
Berge 12

I have it down as £30 million. All of these have add-ons that put the fees higher or lower, and these are all the reported fees so no way for knowing for sure. I'm sure this is what they will use as their reference point though.

Edit: I think Ndiaye was more likely to be about 17 so i have it down as around 27.
Archer fee red herring, we’ll get that back from Villa when we go down as part of the original deal, so we’ve probable spent about £8m

Here's what I think, in all honesty. We're notoriously tight so I would expect a lot to be contingent and we're quite happy to let the selling club drive the media narrative (cf Aaron Ramsdale, signed for £12.7m (£16.75m less 25% sell on clause) but widely regarded to have cost us £18.5m).

In
Archer £18m
Hamer £10-11m rising to £15m
Souza £6-8m rising to £10m
Trusty £5m
Traoré £2.5m rising to £4m
Grbic £1.7-2m (€2-2.5m)
Slimane £0.7-1m rising to £1.5m

Out
Ndaiye £16-18m rising to £20m (€20-25m)
Berge £15m (this is one I'm sure on, it's about the only thing I've ever been close to unofficially officially)

Shake it all about
Loan fees!

Here's what I think, in all honesty. We're notoriously tight so I would expect a lot to be contingent and we're quite happy to let the selling club drive the media narrative (cf Aaron Ramsdale, signed for £12.7m (£16.75m less 25% sell on clause) but widely regarded to have cost us £18.5m).

In
Archer £18m
Trusty £5m
Grbic £1.7-2m (€2-2.5m)

Out
Berge £15m (this is one I'm sure on, it's about the only thing I've ever been close to unofficially officially)

Shake it all about
Loan fees!
Here’s what I think

We’ve again spent woefully no matter how it’s dressed up .

People say it’s not the princes fault as he didn’t buy the players - well he should improve his recruitment team - he’s had long enough and enough bad experiences to learn from

And you failed to mention loan fees, wages for playing and non playing staff, covering shortfall from seasons in the championship, policing costs, general costs of running a huge business, youth budget, travel and accomodation costs

We don't sell millions of shirts abroad like other clubs, we don't charge 70 quid for a basic seat

As I said I'm not a prince fan, but anyone who can't understand the fundamentals and costs of running a business amazes me
Not to mention the loss from covid, paying to get the stadium back under utd ownership, payouts to jokanavic, wilder and now hecky

The Prince said the berge fee was the same as we paid for hamer so if you want to argue net you can take them two out essentially

In
Archer £18m
Trusty £5m
Grbic £1.7-2m (€2-2.5m)

Out

Shake it all about
Loan fees!
Taking the top of your figures but dismissing add-ons as we’re going through the trapdoor, you reckon 47.5 spent vs 33 received, so net 14.5m and then we will get perhaps a refund of 16-18m on Archer.

Net spent of minus a couple of million, though notwithstanding fees on wages and signing on fees.

End of year pretty much net flat.

Have Luton recruited incredibly well?

Their biggest spend was on Ryan Giles, £5 million and their fans think he's gash, just been sent out on loan to Hull.

Next most expensive is Chong for about £4.1 million who's started 6 games. Would any other PL team take him this season or next if they go down? Doubt it.

They brought in a load of free transfers and a few loans, most of whom have looked decent. Like under Wilder when everything was going amazing, we'd bring in dross like Craine, Johnson and Donaldson and they'd do a job.

Have Luton recruited PL standard players with their tiny budget, or have they actually not recruited one who is PL level, but are flying high regardless based on their momentum, tactics etc?

If they go down this season, no PL team would look twice at Ogbene, Brown, Nakamba, Chong, Giles, Kaminski etc. The one who would get taken is Barkley, a risky signing that's paid off, fair play to them for making it work.

I can only imagine the uproar had we signed him, "another washed up wage thief like Morrison, Rodwell etc, a project for Wilder who thinks he can get the best out of them, paying them loads to do nowt."
Cranie, dross ?. A tad unfair me thinks

Absolutely. No excuses not to come out of the traps flying on Day One next season.

As things stand we've got (assuming a 4-2-3-1)

Grbic
Bogle-Anel-Trusty-RND
Sousa-Norwood/Arblaster
TBC-Hamer-Brooks
Osula/Brewster/Jebbison

So we need an attacking midfielder/maybe two in the roles currently being occupied by McAtee/BBD.

The balance is going to be getting the likes of Brooks, Arblaster Osula, RND the experience this season without ruining them. But you'd think half a season in the PL will mean they find the game much slower next season ...

Whisper it, but I'm quietly confident for next season (probably get lynched for bringing a smirk of optimism round these parts this week of all weeks!)

Something like this would be pretty tasty

Thomas should be pretty cheap and probably would want to leave/force a move if Udders relegated.

O'hare we should have registered our interest long before now knowing his contract expiring.

1707287065747.png

Cranie, dross ?. A tad unfair me thinks
Yeah way too harsh. Didn't mean it like that, I see him as a minor cult figure and he played fantastic when he came in for us, especially Baggies away.

Just meant that he was a free transfer nobody wanted, I imagine on a pittance.

Back
Top Bottom