Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Sheffield United - 25th February 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WOLV
WOLV
WOLV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1708859101368.png Vs 1708859109717.png

Premier League Matchweek 26 - Sunday 25th February 2024 - 13:30 - Molineux
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/wolverhampton-wanderers-vs-sheffield-united.682/

Officials:

Referee: Darren Bond
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Jarred Gillett
Assistant VAR: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 11.03.46.png

Macca a bit off his normal high level. Ozzy on, instead of Larouci admiring the free header. Otherwise we come away with something.

I only saw the last 30. Brewster looked good. Apart from that i just watch us constantly pass the ball out of play or back to them. God knows what they practice in training.

This is a game we should get something from however the amount of very very basic mistakes we make all over the pitch is a complete embarrassment. We really are completely out of our depth in every area of the pitch. We try to play football in areas we shouldn't then when we have time we panic. It's just really really poor blades.
Bingo.

One cross when the entire defence is sleeping. What does Larouci actually think hes there for in the box? That said, Trusty is one of three centre halves and he’s not even in the box. Plus Norwood made little to no effort to block the cross.

On the ball I could strange Hamer. It’s like his job is to give it to the opposition. The number of times he could have retained possession but chose a daft option and lost it.

Brewster at least was present this time. Shocking effort when he was put through and likewise McAtee.

Bogle just be one of the thickest footballers around. One where he massively miscontrolled it when he should have just shot, on the edge of their box and set them on the counter. Then later, when time is ticking he gives away a ludicrous free kick away and allows them to waste valuable time.

All that being said, we did not deserve to lose on the balance of play. A draw would have been fair and arguably if one winner was deserved it wasn’t Wolves.

But this is the problem.

A chance genuinely to pick up a point. We make a basic error of not picking someone up and we gain none. Next week we have Arsenal where we have almost zero chance to get anything.

We don’t help ourselves.

Grbic didn’t have any chance with the goal but I will say this in his favour, he’s a far better footballer than Wes with his feet.

Agreed but also need individual players to at least get the basics right
Very much agreed. Players look lost half the time, the other half ok. Still think this squad is not a 532 set up team like the team of 4 years ago. Poor recruiting, lack of ambitious ownership and multiple injuries have seen us propping up the history table as worst team ever in the Prem.

I'd say a Larouci brain fart cost us but I think that's just his ability rather than a mistake.

Other than that a improvement on some rather insipid performances and good to see Brewster have a good game
Problems are far deeper than 1 player. We take ages to get shots off, are not dynamic enough in attack, lack cohesion as a team on the ball, poorly organised at the back. As a team we are not premier league standard, by a mile.

Problems are far deeper than 1 player. We take ages to get shots off, are not dynamic enough in attack, lack cohesion as a team on the ball, poorly organised at the back. As a team we are not premier league standard, by a mile.
Obviously but today the difference was him completely leaving someone free to score while marking fresh air

Why, after struggling to make a breakthrough would you turn down a free shot at goal when you have both McAtee and Osborn Who can strike left footed free kicks?

I thought he had a stinker. He gave the ball away at almost every opportunity.
McAtee is the one player who could have put that in the corner of the net. Hamer outranked him and the rest is history

Enjoyed it a lot more today. There was some nice play underpinned by effort and desire for the most part.

Sadly though, we looked exactly what we are: a championship-standard team giving it a go at a Premier League side.

Unlucky today, Blades. On to the next one.
Arsenal 😳

Unlucky today,that final pass shot wasn't there or just a bit hesitant at times,and if we'd have bagged those chances first half,would have been coming away with 3 points.

A hell of a lot better than I was expecting, but of course we still got nothing which was a shame

Keeper didn’t have a fat lot to do but is prepared to come for a cross which is nice to see, and his kicking seems better than Wes’s.

Probably the best I’ve seen Brewster play in the PL, though he and McAtee need to finish those chances. That’s why we lost.

Anel much, much better. Larouci decent after a poor first 10 and was asleep for the goal, of course.

Even Norwood did ok. Hamer was the big disappointment today.

A much tougher test next time out. They must not regress again.

Better all round performance but including some ridiculous mishaps.

No bad fortune, just a lack of quality.

One horrendous piece of defending and a lack of composure a couple if times were the difference.

Norwood can only do the defence/attack linking role when he has time, which no player gets these days in a premiership midfield. So expect him to get closed down, panic and give the ball away with blind passes, which has happened most of the time when he’s played this season. Nice and tidy in the Championship but out of his depth in the Premier league. Not his fault he’s in the starting 11 though.

I agree, but who do you play in that role that can actually play that role? and play alongside Hamer who was terrible today

A hell of a lot better than I was expecting, but of course we still got nothing which was a shame

Keeper didn’t have a fat lot to do but is prepared to come for a cross which is nice to see, and his kicking seems better than Wes’s.

Probably the best I’ve seen Brewster play in the PL, though he and McAtee need to finish those chances. That’s why we lost.

Anel much, much better. Larouci decent after a poor first 10 and was asleep for the goal, of course.

Even Norwood did ok. Hamer was the big disappointment today.

A much tougher test next time out. They must not regress again.
Agreed with most not looking to scapegoat but disagree with your Norwood comment he gave the ball away as usual but sometimes today under zero pressure he makes my blood boil at times.

First time this season I can say with some honesty “if we had Ndiyae we win that“
There was a few times when Mcatee got the ball outside the penalty area, I thought Ndiaye would have ran through against this defence and scored.

Back
Top Bottom