Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Sheffield United - 25th February 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WOLV
WOLV
WOLV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1708859101368.png Vs 1708859109717.png

Premier League Matchweek 26 - Sunday 25th February 2024 - 13:30 - Molineux
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/wolverhampton-wanderers-vs-sheffield-united.682/

Officials:

Referee: Darren Bond
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Jarred Gillett
Assistant VAR: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 11.03.46.png

I don't do tactics, but even to me this looks kamikaze!
It may appeal to the "Way, it's Chrissie Wilder intit, ee's a Blade an' ee's frum Sheffield so it'll orl be oreyt" brigade, but on paper looks like we'll get slaughtered.
On paper, it looks like what I wiped after this mornings ablutions!

Norwood s hardly played this season,which is ok because we have 'better' players so he , to be fair starts with a relatively clean sheet,have to give him support.

I think i might be the only one on here to say this.....but I like that line-up, expected Norwood to be in midfield, we need someone (new) who can link defence, midfield and the front runners, Norwood is all we have so it has to be him! People saying no pace up front Brewster can run (on his day) so can Mctee so where's the problem.....well actually it's our inability to keep out goals!

We will see - frankly I'm more dreading what Arsenal will do us a week tomorrow!

Brewster is on a hiding to nothing with this lineup, he's going to have an ineffective game and there's nothing he can do about it.
Your right he’s **** just got be honest however if he does the bizz I will be first to praise him. You’ll see him just wandering and strolling around the pitch not closing down

like last sunday. get a point fantastic we are off the bottom. somehow get a win & we still just about in the race for survival

ill dont mind what the team. because nobody really playing well enough to be undroppable & we don't see training. but i am interested why we suddenly abandoned 4141 & back to 352

What comes first: Brewster injury or Brewster red card?

Although saying that, I've got a feeling he'll score today. He'll do absolutely nothing else, we'll lose, but he'll score.

Wilder is making it up as he goes along. Both 'full backs'who were absolutely shite last week play. Norwood is back, Brewster is our only attacker and the 'academy sub merry go round ' continues
Aye, because what other fullbacks are we going to play? We don't have any that's are fit. Or do we go with the plan of not using any?

I think i might be the only one on here to say this.....but I like that line-up, expected Norwood to be in midfield, we need someone (new) who can link defence, midfield and the front runners, Norwood is all we have so it has to be him! People saying no pace up front Brewster can run (on his day) so can Mctee so where's the problem.....well actually it's our inability to keep out goals!

We will see - frankly I'm more dreading what Arsenal will do us a week tomorrow!
Norwood can only do the defence/attack linking role when he has time, which no player gets these days in a premiership midfield. So expect him to get closed down, panic and give the ball away with blind passes, which has happened most of the time when he’s played this season. Nice and tidy in the Championship but out of his depth in the Premier league. Not his fault he’s in the starting 11 though.

My God if Brewster scores i shall run around the pitch naked at the next home match . (not a pretty sight )

Brewster to score winner. You read it first here.

We win 3-0, Brewster hat trick
Everyone will love him and Grbic and sing their names until voices give in

Norwood can only do the defence/attack linking role when he has time, which no player gets these days in a premiership midfield. So expect him to get closed down, panic and give the ball away with blind passes, which has happened most of the time when he’s played this season. Nice and tidy in the Championship but out of his depth in the Premier league. Not his fault he’s in the starting 11 though.
Right,think Wolves will go for a really high press today,so no fannying about trying to play out or we will just cough up and they create at will

Jeez,just seen the team sheet,has Wilder been on the Peronis all neet and morning ! A very good dry bumming is well on the prescription today.

Aye, because what other fullbacks are we going to play? We don't have any that's are fit. Or do we go with the plan of not using any?
But they aren't playing full back they are playing wing back. One question , would you play Laroucci at left wing back over Osbourn?

Additionally I would have had Davies in midfield and Osula up front, oh and Brooks wide right instead of Bogle but I guess that's why Wilder is paid the big bucks and I'm not.

I take it that some of you don't keep up with our injury situation, it is well known we have some injuries to manage, both in terms of players nowhere near ready & players who Wilder can only squeeze a few minutes out of.

That kind of dictates the team we can field.

Back
Top Bottom