Wilders reaction at Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Any thoughts on overweight owners?
I have got a few, but again, just now see what happens next season, because it is unlikely that he is going anywhere.

Hopefully a new start for all and a bright new future on the horizon (not holding out much hope, just a glimmer!)

I'll tell you where we need some BladeyBladeness...on the pitch. Give me a Whitehouse, Bradshaw, Ward in that midfield and you will see someone put a challenge in and run their bollocks off and not stand around pointing!

And although they weren't Sheffield born I wouldn't mind a Bolton at left back and Morgan at centre back either as they'd hold others accountable and show some leadership.
They’d be even worse chasing shadows in todays game

But the traits you mention have fuck all to do with Bladey Bladiness....

Basham epitomises this and he's a Sunderland fan.

Makes fuck all difference if we're well conditioned, well coached and given a thorough gameplan to execute...
I wonder if Chris Basham has considered being a fitness coach? He’s one of the fittest, best conditioned players I’ve ever seen in a United shirt. Up there with non football players e.g boxers and athletes. I bet he could the Royal Marines course including the 30 miler at the end. Top bloke, get well soon Chris.

Having one of your own as manager or as players is better for fans, obviously. I'm sure fans of all clubs would agree.

The idea that our Saudi owner is just hiring blades because it's nice for the fans is absurd. The idea that having a blade as manager is what's holding us back is absurd.

Has getting foreign managers brought Huddersfield, Norwich or Leeds forwards as clubs? Helped them progress? Complete BS unfortunately.

Last edited:
To be honest having a manager yesterday that is aware that we paid about £75 for ticket and coach plus beer and food money, not to mention being out the house for 16 hours or so, and saw that we backed the lads to the end made me feel proud. You might say it’s bladey blade nonsense but he knew it was a fucking trek yesterday and I think he tried to get that across to the players by getting them in a huddle at the end. Wish they would show that effort every week.

I just dont get what people expect a manager to do when we're in the Premier League with a weaker squad than what we had in the Championship?
How about coaching a team to do the basics defensively? I can cope with our team being outclassed because there is little quality but some of them look clueless and currently don’t even look Championship quality.

Oh, something about the seemingly more relevant issue of the owners weight.

How’s the invasion of Saudi Twitter going? :)

Having one of your own as manager or as players is better for fans, obviously. I'm sure fans of all clubs would agree.

The idea that our Saudi owner is just hiring blades because it's nice for the fans is absurd. The idea that having a blade as manager is what's holding us back is absurd.

Has getting foreign managers brought Huddersfield, Norwich or Leeds forwards as clubs? Helped them progress? Complete BS unfortunately.
How many major trophies have been won by English managers in the last 20 years?

I get that it’s good to see a bit of passion from a manager, but I do think we as a fanbase care too much about stuff like this.

I’d rather have a proper boring bastard who’d never stepped foot in South Yorkshire before but was good tactically.

Ever since we got Micky Adams in I’ve just put no value on a manager being a blade or from Sheffield or whatever.

He was brought in to do better than Hecky and he hasn’t really. If it was anyone else but Wilder, there’s no way some people would be sticking up for the manager like they are.
He talks utter nonsense. But I think it’s just because he isn’t very articulate, which is fine, but it occasionally leads to those meandering stream-of-consciousness rambles about mythical friends in pubs who think Jamie Vardy is a bad person. It gets picked up on unfairly (like the Darren Moore thing) on social media. I think he knows what he is on about, he just can’t get it across.

Now I myself am extremely good with words but know sod all about coaching football, despite holding badges that say otherwise!

Go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done. Not only did you use a wanky yankism, your spelling was off. The word 'squad' is usual, acceptable, preferred in fact mandatory when talking football. Be warned all yankophiles. You will be challenged.

How about coaching a team to do the basics defensively? I can cope with our team being outclassed because there is little quality but some of them look clueless and currently don’t even look Championship quality.

Oh, something about the seemingly more relevant issue of the owners weight.

How’s the invasion of Saudi Twitter going? :)
I think you need to accept that the heads of many of these players have gone, for this season at least. Their heads had already gone before Wilder arrived, and when his return didn't result in a massive change of fortunes, they stayed gone. So all the coaching in the world won't make a difference when they are in that mental state.

So many contracts expiring at the same time must be shocking for morale too, not to mention the psychology of if its worth giving 110% and risk getting an injury right before you go to sign a contract elsewhere. Wilder's first task in the summer is to replace O'Connell. Get that right, then build from there.

Saudi Twitter can wait 'til our next drubbing.

I think you need to accept that the heads of many of these players have gone, for this season at least. Their heads had already gone before Wilder arrived, and when his return didn't result in a massive change of fortunes, they stayed gone. So all the coaching in the world won't make a difference when they are in that mental state.

So many contracts expiring at the same time must be shocking for morale too, not to mention the psychology of if its worth giving 110% and risk getting an injury right before you go to sign a contract elsewhere. Wilder's first task in the summer is to replace O'Connell. Get that right, then build from there.

Saudi Twitter can wait 'til our next drubbing.

Heads have gone? Do you mean confidence? Shell shock? Better coaching should help that surely? Plus new manager, fresh start?

Ah, contracts. Half the players without one need to be gotten rid of. See what Chris thinks :

CW on progress with contracts"I think there's more important things to get right. In the window we brought a couple in and got the young boys signed up on longer term contracts which was key for the future of the football club. I think the older players understand that at…

Find another O’Connell? Jack was a great find and you think CW can just go out an find another player of that quality just like that? That’s not doubting Wilder btw, more the thought that that is your single blueprint for the future. Let’s hope so though but reality says it’s highly unlikely as things stand.

Another postponement then? :)

Last edited:
Heads have gone? Do you mean confidence? Shell shock? Better coaching should help that surely? Plus new manager, fresh start?

Ah, contracts. Half the players without one need to be gotten rid of. See what Chris thinks :

CW on progress with contracts"I think there's more important things to get right. In the window we brought a couple in and got the young boys signed up on longer term contracts which was key for the future of the football club. I think the older players understand that at…

Another postponement then? :)

Yes exactly, confidence evaporated, shell shock from the cricket score defeats and then a dose of depression realising whatever contract they get from wherever they're going wont be a patch on what they've had with us. That's a whole lot of players with a whole lot of uncertainty about their immediate future.

This situation is the making of HRH Bogroll, and scapegoating Wilder in these circumstances is pretty ridiculous.

Yes exactly, confidence evaporated, shell shock from the cricket score defeats and then a dose of depression realising whatever contract they get from wherever they're going wont be a patch on what they've had with us. That's a whole lot of players with a whole lot of uncertainty about their immediate future.

This situation is the making of HRH Bogroll, and scapegoating Wilder in these circumstances is pretty ridiculous.
Not so much scapegoating as suggesting the difference isn’t that great. The owner, poor signings? Of course. But let’s not cover a lack quality pride and desire with mental issues in order to shield Wilder from a claim not made that it’s all his fault. Poisoned Chalice of course but his post match interviews suggests there’s more to it than just blaming the owner (which is all you can ever do).

CW doesn’t agree with you re contracts, anyone in our position needs to be very lucky to find another O’Connell as the first brick in the wall, as great as that would be and together with those two points you’ve ignored your latest knee jerk protest, only liked by the forum loon.

Not so much scapegoating as suggesting the difference isn’t that great. The owner, poor signings? Of course. But let’s not cover a lack quality pride and desire with mental issues in order to shield Wilder from a claim not made that it’s all his fault. Poisoned Chalice of course but his post match interviews suggests there’s more to it than just blaming the owner (which is all you can ever do).

CW doesn’t agree with you re contracts, anyone in our position needs to be very lucky to find another O’Connell as the first brick in the wall, as great as that would be and together with those two points you’ve ignored your latest knee jerk protest, only liked by the forum loon.

Doesn't agree with me about contracts? All I've said is that whatever deals the players end up getting from wherever they end up next season, it won't be a patch on what they've been on with us. Which is stating the bleeding obvious.

So unless Wilder has come out saying they'll be getting improved contracts wherever they go, then I can't see how he's ""disagreed with me"?

Moved to a better area………

Now only drinks lambrini and doesn’t have scraps on his fish and chips!
Probably laughs off the offer of pork scratchings at the bar as well. Bastard.

He’s always had a bit of a mixed accent. He hasn’t lived all his life in Sheffield.

There’s a bit of darn sarf about him and to this day I’ve no idea where he got chips and fish as a Northern thing!

Which proves what? That the English have genetically inferior management capabilities?
I don’t think it’s genetic but I do think there are cultural issues at play. The same cultural issues that have resulted in England being perpetual losers in international tournaments.

As long as we’re competing at whatever level we’re playing at I don’t see the obsession with having to have Bladey Blades all over the place.

It was great to have Warnock and subsequently Wilder/Sharp as part of the promotion campaigns. However I’d take a manager from Timbuktu if he knew what he was doing.

We seem obsessed as a club with getting people in who ‘get us’. Surely you just have to be a good manager?!
^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

I don’t think it’s genetic but I do think there are cultural issues at play. The same cultural issues that have resulted in England being perpetual losers in international tournaments.
Are there also cultural issues that have prevented the Dutch from winning owt? A cultural reason for Germany's recent slide?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but being perpetual losers at the one international tournament every two years isn't particularly glaring outside of England. Only one can win, we usually don't have one of the best teams, the best team usually wins.

As with Norwich and Huddersfield who went German with some success, without big and consistent financial backing a club can't move forward. Brighton progressed under Potter because he was given time and loads of cash. When that cash runs out, they'll drop back down.

Shit like this is why we’ll never progress.
Shit players who can't close down the opposition and can't run is why we are currently getting battered 5s and 6s every other week

This is the most embarrassing top flight team we have ever had (and probably the most embarrassing top flight team ever) and you are slagging players who were way more competitive 🤣

And without pointing out the obvious I don't pick the fucking team so how am I stopping us progressing you muppet?

Last edited:
Players who shouldn't be starters last year in Championship were our starters in Prem.
Sums up the brainfart of building team

CW deservedly has a special place in our history for what he achieved when he was here.

However the manner of his departure plus his complete meltdown toward the end tainted for for me.

He doesn’t seem to have changed and just moans about stuff like the ramblings of an old man.

Yesterday for example all that has done is fired Burnley and Luton up.

And of all three promoted teams we are quite clearly the shittest.

He made some noise about changes after Arsenal and made non.(Arblaster aside)

One decent performance doesn’t mask the complete ineptitude of the current playing rosta.
To be fair, he made 4 changes. We have a load of injuries to contend with as well. Changing the team completely with what was left over would have seen another defeat.

I will judge CW properly on whether he still 'has it' after the end of next season. Top 6 and he stays with us, but lower than that and we look for new management.

UTMB

Back
Top Bottom