Wilders reaction at Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This thread is funny. We got a point away from home. When we are very clear nowhere near there level.

Then we have people moaning about how he left…. 😂

Some people will do anything to not look on the positive side or look forward.

CW deservedly has a special place in our history for what he achieved when he was here.

However the manner of his departure plus his complete meltdown toward the end tainted for for me.

He doesn’t seem to have changed and just moans about stuff like the ramblings of an old man.

Yesterday for example all that has done is fired Burnley and Luton up.

And of all three promoted teams we are quite clearly the shittest.

He made some noise about changes after Arsenal and made non.(Arblaster aside)

One decent performance doesn’t mask the complete ineptitude of the current playing rosta.
We had this after Luton, wilder lovers getting excited forgetting the reality of where we are, he's been brilliant as you say,but time moves on and we're moving down to the championship with our tail between our legs, they'll want Monty when wilder goes no doubt

Are there also cultural issues that have prevented the Dutch from winning owt? A cultural reason for Germany's recent slide?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but being perpetual losers at the one international tournament every two years isn't particularly glaring outside of England. Only one can win, we usually don't have one of the best teams, the best team usually wins.

As with Norwich and Huddersfield who went German with some success, without big and consistent financial backing a club can't move forward. Brighton progressed under Potter because he was given time and loads of cash. When that cash runs out, they'll drop back down.
I think the relatively small population of the Netherlands might have something to do with it, but they tend to also suffer from serial disunity within their national squads.

Germany’s recent slide will be nothing more than a blip in the grand scheme of things.

Doesn't agree with me about contracts? All I've said is that whatever deals the players end up getting from wherever they end up next season, it won't be a patch on what they've been on with us. Which is stating the bleeding obvious.

So unless Wilder has come out saying they'll be getting improved contracts wherever they go, then I can't see how he's ""disagreed with me"?
His comments are there. He doesn’t seem to give it the same importance as you do. And he’s with them everyday. He says they don’t listen (and lack quality) not that they are in a bad place. So it’s his job to solve that (stuck with the lack of quality) ln season PL2 l don’t recall hearing the players heads had gone, only the managers.

His comments are there. He doesn’t seem to give it the same importance as you do. And he’s with them everyday. He says they don’t listen (and lack quality) not that they are in a bad place. So it’s his job to solve that (stuck with the lack of quality) ln season PL2 l don’t recall hearing the players heads had gone, only the managers.

Different circumstances back then, most players had years left on their contracts.

Covid, O’Connell's injury, Brewster's shitness & Ramsdale's shitness all had negative impacts. I'm told Wilder had some sad personal issues around that time too so combine it with covid and yes maybe his head did go.

Different circumstances back then, most players had years left on their contracts.

Covid, O’Connell's injury, Brewster's shitness & Ramsdale's shitness all had negative impacts. I'm told Wilder had some sad personal issues around that time too so combine it with covid and yes maybe his head did go.

So it’s all about the contracts then? Little else?

I love seeing a bit of passion from the manager and players, especially getting an unexpected point away from home. Passion and togetherness on the pitch would've resulted in a fair few more points this season, although not enough to stay up.

Did Wilder actually do an interview after the game on Saturday? I only ask cos I can't find one anywhere. Nowt on Youtube, nowt on sufc.co.uk 🤔
I'm guessing he must've done one, hence the comments above from people on here.
Did it get pulled or summat?

We had this after Luton, wilder lovers getting excited forgetting the reality of where we are, he's been brilliant as you say,but time moves on and we're moving down to the championship with our tail between our legs, they'll want Monty when wilder goes no doubt
He’s got to have a Sheffield accent, played for a local team and mention how good the fans are every interview or it’s a no from me 😂

Did Wilder actually do an interview after the game on Saturday? I only ask cos I can't find one anywhere. Nowt on Youtube, nowt on sufc.co.uk 🤔
I'm guessing he must've done one, hence the comments above from people on here.
Did it get pulled or summat?

He did with Radio Sheffield:

True, seeing him yesterday on the touchline I said to the missis "he needs to lose some weight, he just looks like an overweight bloke (trying) to talk up his local football team" I have never liked to see overweight and scruffy managers, these guys get paid huge amounts of money to manage athletes with massive testosterone levels not to mention vast amounts of money at least look as though you are mobile and can achieve just a little bit of what you are telling them to do and maybe they will take you seriously.

Bit of a rant for me as I was a fat kid and when they kept me in hospital until I'd lost the weight I swore I would never put it back on, and I haven't - it's a bit of an obsession !!
Self respect often gains respect🙏

B
I just dont get what people expect a manager to do when we're in the Premier League with a weaker squad than what we had in the Championship?
Be consistent in word and deed perhaps.🤔
Beginning to look and sound like a broken man and on the defensive.
It could all well end in tears.........Again🙄

As an a
B
Be consistent in word and deed perhaps.🤔
Beginning to look and sound like a broken man and on the defensive.
It could all well end in tears.........Again🙄

I always favoured bringing Wilder back this coming Summer rather than risk the potential fallout of him failing at mission impossible. If the baying mob gets its way again we're going to end up with a manager that makes Hecky & Wilder look like Fergie & Wenger.

If the baying mob gets its way again we're going to end up with a manager that makes Hecky & Wilder look like Fergie & Wenger.
I thought you were the one who is usually trying, and completely failing, to raise a baying mob for something or other. Is that just for things that you think should happen?

I thought you were the one who is usually trying, and completely failing, to raise a baying mob for something or other. Is that just for things that you think should happen?
Well I'm hardly going to go round raising a baying mob in favour of things I diagree with am I?

So it’s all about the contracts then? Little else?
By far the main reason we're shit is that this squad is weaker in quality than the championship squad of last year. (thanks prince)
Combine that with the contract situations and I reckon it turns a 3-1 loss into 5-0, 6-0, 8-0. (thanks prince... thrince)

I would never expect a manager to publicly acknowledge the players are in a bad place due to the contract situation. It would be seen as a clear dig at the owner.

By far the main reason we're shit is that this squad is weaker in quality than the championship squad of last year. (thanks prince)
Combine that with the contract situations and I reckon it turns a 3-1 loss into 5-0, 6-0, 8-0. (thanks prince... thrince)

There’s no money because he gave Wilder the cheque book which ended up stymieing us for three years, because he signed players without the necessary quality. That’s why we’re stuck with some of the dross we have now. As the owner the buck stops with him obviously to to blame him totally is bordering on stupidity.

See Holgate M.

There’s no money because he gave Wilder the cheque book which ended up stymieing us for three years, because he signed players without the necessary quality. That’s why we’re stuck with some of the dross we have now. As the owner the buck stops with him obviously to to blame him totally is bordering on stupidity.

See Holgate M.
And the reason we ended up gambling on expensive shite rather than signing true quality?
Because of the Prince's oppressive wage structure. No one better than what we got (on paper) was willing to come with our wage structure. Guess who you can thank for that...

And the reason we ended up gambling on expensive shite rather than signing true quality?
Because of the Prince's oppressive wage structure. No one better than what we got (on paper) was willing to come with our wage structure. Guess who you can thank for that...
I thought it was Wilder who said he didn’t want to bring players in on big wages as it would upset the players already at the club and the whole togetherness at the time?

Surely this can’t be a new realisation?
I don’t have any problem with any United fans having a high regard for Wilder. He deserves it for what he achieved the first time around.

What does annoy me is when people bend over backwards to excuse any number of thrashings, bad tactical choices or just weird post match interviews because he kisses the badge a bit. Even worse when they were happy to slate Hecky despite getting dealt more or less the same shit hand.

I thought it was Wilder who said he didn’t want to bring players in on big wages as it would upset the players already at the club and the whole togetherness at the time?

Exactly this.

Obsessed.

Why did ANYONE sign then?No joined up thinking.

Back
Top Bottom