Wilders reaction at Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

KilnhurstBlade

Reaction score
Wilder reaction to the " one of our own" chant was what I want to see from him and the whole squad. For anyone that didn't see it he pushed Olli Arblaster forward to get the applause from the Blades fans and turned around to head down the tunnel( clapping us as he did so), heard us singing turned around back to and walked back towards us shouting at the top of his voice " too fucking right I am". We are down out of this league but let's go out with some fight and our heads up high

As long as we’re competing at whatever level we’re playing at I don’t see the obsession with having to have Bladey Blades all over the place.

It was great to have Warnock and subsequently Wilder/Sharp as part of the promotion campaigns. However I’d take a manager from Timbuktu if he knew what he was doing.

We seem obsessed as a club with getting people in who ‘get us’. Surely you just have to be a good manager?!

CW deservedly has a special place in our history for what he achieved when he was here.

However the manner of his departure plus his complete meltdown toward the end tainted for for me.

He doesn’t seem to have changed and just moans about stuff like the ramblings of an old man.

Yesterday for example all that has done is fired Burnley and Luton up.

And of all three promoted teams we are quite clearly the shittest.

He made some noise about changes after Arsenal and made non.(Arblaster aside)

One decent performance doesn’t mask the complete ineptitude of the current playing rosta.

CW deservedly has a special place in our history for what he achieved when he was here.

However the manner of his departure plus his complete meltdown toward the end tainted for for me.

He doesn’t seem to have changed and just moans about stuff like the ramblings of an old man.

Yesterday for example all that has done is fired Burnley and Luton up.

And of all three promoted teams we are quite clearly the shittest.

He made some noise about changes after Arsenal and made non.(Arblaster aside)

One decent performance doesn’t mask the complete ineptitude of the current playing rosta.
Don't forget we were a freak slip on the pen and a weird disallowed goal from being turned over...

I'll judge him on what he does as Head Coach, and this far his coaching doesn't seem to be resonating with our defensive shape, and his subs costs us points yesterday.

As Houston_Blade says, I'd trade the Bladey Bladiness for a coach that can set us up properly, get us retaining the ball, and get us in the physical condition that enables us to be competitive... Right now, we're on fumes...

As long as we’re competing at whatever level we’re playing at I don’t see the obsession with having to have Bladey Blades all over the place.

It was great to have Warnock and subsequently Wilder/Sharp as part of the promotion campaigns. However I’d take a manager from Timbuktu if he knew what he was doing.

We seem obsessed as a club with getting people in who ‘get us’. Surely you just have to be a good manager?!

Let's be fair Hecky was not thought of as one of our own when we got him. But at Championship level he was fine, and I'd still be interested to see how he'd fair in the Prem if properly backed.

Just an observation, but last time around during interviews Wilder came across as rather humble

This time around he’s coming across as rather bitter (and two stone heavier)

and he's developed a strange, affected accent

I get that it’s good to see a bit of passion from a manager, but I do think we as a fanbase care too much about stuff like this.

I’d rather have a proper boring bastard who’d never stepped foot in South Yorkshire before but was good tactically.

Ever since we got Micky Adams in I’ve just put no value on a manager being a blade or from Sheffield or whatever.

He was brought in to do better than Hecky and he hasn’t really. If it was anyone else but Wilder, there’s no way some people would be sticking up for the manager like they are.

A good manager is subjective : see Adkins and Slav

Just an observation, but last time around during interviews Wilder came across as rather humble

My thoughts too.

Prior to his last few months in his previous tenure, he came across really well in interviews and was generally liked by other fans and pundits. Similar with refs. Mike Dean said he was the most respectful manager in the PL.

He's starting to remind me of Warnock. Nonsense after Palace and dragging Burnley and Luton into it yesterday by stating untruths to make a point was ridiculous.

Just creates external noise and focus on us we don't need.

I'll tell you where we need some BladeyBladeness...on the pitch. Give me a Whitehouse, Bradshaw, Ward in that midfield and you will see someone put a challenge in and run their bollocks off and not stand around pointing!

And although they weren't Sheffield born I wouldn't mind a Bolton at left back and Morgan at centre back either as they'd hold others accountable and show some leadership.

I have to say, we didn't miss Mcatee, Souza, Anel v Bournemouth, their introduction made us worse if anything.

If we can play, Baldock/Holgate/Robbo in defence, that should make us stronger?

Bogle/Arblaster/Davies/Hamer/Osborn

Mcburnie and BBD
As at Bournemouth, we could be in with a shout of staying in the game until halftime atleast??

I'll tell you where we need some BladeyBladeness...on the pitch. Give me a Whitehouse, Bradshaw, Ward in that midfield and you will see someone put a challenge in and run their bollocks off and not stand around pointing!

And although they weren't Sheffield born I wouldn't mind a Bolton at left back and Morgan at centre back either as they'd hold others accountable and show some leadership.
But the traits you mention have fuck all to do with Bladey Bladiness....

Basham epitomises this and he's a Sunderland fan.

Makes fuck all difference if we're well conditioned, well coached and given a thorough gameplan to execute...

Shit like this is why we’ll never progress.

Yeah, just be a good manager…then the fans will get you.

Wilder reaction to the " one of our own" chant was what I want to see from him and the whole squad. For anyone that didn't see it he pushed Olli Arblaster forward to get the applause from the Blades fans and turned around to head down the tunnel( clapping us as he did so), heard us singing turned around back to and walked back towards us shouting at the top of his voice " too fucking right I am". We are down out of this league but let's go out with some fight and our heads up high
In that case maybe Wilder would be more use to us in the crowd being one of us & we can get a manager capable of taking us forward.

Fans maintain the culture and traditions of a club through the years because they’re the only constant.

A manager’s job is to build their own, winning culture on the pitch. In my opinion, doing that successfully has nothing to do with being a fan or being from the area.

Brian Clough probably hadn’t given Forest two thoughts before he became manager there. He was from Middlesbrough and had managed Forest’s biggest rival before coming there.

Klopp and Guardiola aren’t even from the same country as the clubs they manage, but clearly they’ve been able to build their own cultures there from the ground up and that’s driven there success.

Wilder did the same when he first came to United. The fact he was also a blade was a nice plus. It was great while it lasted, but unfortunately the wheels came off. To me that should have been the end of that project.

I can’t predict what’s going to happen next season but on the evidence I can see, I don’t believe Wilder’s the right choice. I just don’t believe he looks capable of building a winning culture again or adapting his approach. I look at the reason’s people say we should stick with him and I just don’t think they’re logical.

Yeah, great he supports United but any professional manager is going to want success and care about their job, regardless of if they stood on the Kop when they were a kid.

True, seeing him yesterday on the touchline I said to the missis "he needs to lose some weight, he just looks like an overweight bloke (trying) to talk up his local football team" I have never liked to see overweight and scruffy managers, these guys get paid huge amounts of money to manage athletes with massive testosterone levels not to mention vast amounts of money at least look as though you are mobile and can achieve just a little bit of what you are telling them to do and maybe they will take you seriously.

Bit of a rant for me as I was a fat kid and when they kept me in hospital until I'd lost the weight I swore I would never put it back on, and I haven't - it's a bit of an obsession !!

I have to say, we didn't miss Mcatee, Souza, Anel v Bournemouth, their introduction made us worse if anything.

If we can play, Baldock/Holgate/Robbo in defence, that should make us stronger?

Bogle/Arblaster/Davies/Hamer/Osborn

Mcburnie and BBD
As at Bournemouth, we could be in with a shout of staying in the game until halftime atleast??
HOLGATE WOW are you serious ?

Wilder is here for the remainder of this season and he will be here until we are bottom to mid table in the championship next get used to the idea because the blokes clueless

It is totally understandable that there are many negative comments regarding Chris, I also have my own, but this season I am trying to keep my powder dry in respect of the football side of things. Like many have stated before , we don't know fully what goes on behind the scenes in respect of player injuries, niggles, player mind sets, etc and the manager sometimes has to make strange decisions to many of us, but there could be loads of other contributing factors in the back ground.

Judge Chris next season if he is allowed to change/build a new squad of players. If the club decides to let Chris go or he decides that it is not for him, then fair enough, I can also see the reasoning behind this.

As for Heckingbottom and people stating that he is well respected in the pro game, yes I have herd the same, but not as a first team manager, more from the coaching side of things, maybe this is why he hasn't been selected for another first team managers job yet?

Wilder is here for the remainder of this season and he will be here until we are bottom to mid table in the championship next get used to the idea because the blokes clueless

We should get that old manager back in instead. That one that took us from League One to 9th in the Prem. At least he knew what he was doing.

True, seeing him yesterday on the touchline I said to the missis "he needs to lose some weight, he just looks like an overweight bloke (trying) to talk up his local football team" I have never liked to see overweight and scruffy managers, these guys get paid huge amounts of money to manage athletes with massive testosterone levels not to mention vast amounts of money at least look as though you are mobile and can achieve just a little bit of what you are telling them to do and maybe they will take you seriously.

Bit of a rant for me as I was a fat kid and when they kept me in hospital until I'd lost the weight I swore I would never put it back on, and I haven't - it's a bit of an obsession !!

Any thoughts on overweight owners?

Back
Top Bottom