Wilder raging

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

High standards the gaffer sets,we all know that, today we were not quite at our best, at this level you get punished, that said a draw wouldnt have been unfair result. We’ve come a long long long way in 3 years, we will learn from this, no shame in this result at all but must learn.

He has an OTT rant like this once or twice every season, he’ll also do an unexpected 180 degrees swing and defend the players to the hilt when they’ve played poor. A lot of fans (me included) may think that he’s being a little harsh today, but it’s what he does and it works so let him get on with it. It’s not really surprising anymore and maybe that’s one of the things that makes him stand out from the rest.

Very early days, but a few thoughts:

• Watching players like Vardy, Maddison, Saha, Callum Wilson etc. on MoTD highlights, they look like supermen. Watching them 'live', they're not - they make mistakes like everybody else.

• We're a match for anybody we've met so far in terms of fitness.

• What we're lacking is nous and speed of thought compared to seasoned PL players. That's the difference between playing the decisive, first-time, defence-splitting ball and wanting that extra touch.

But we'll be reight. I've seen enough of the PL to think that we'll do OK. Wilder's still 'finding his feet' at this level and so are the players. We got 1 points out of our first 12 in CW's first season - including a 0-3 defeat at home to Southend. How far we've come.

Not a happy man
Good, neither an I.

Couple of positives for me from that interview.

1. The shite long ball, slow tempo football we played first half and at the start of Bournemouth is against his instructions so hopefully he will stamp it out.

2. He clearly expects results from games like this and isn’t considering the mighty Leicester at home just a free hit.

Wilder might want include himself for a bollocking tonight. Starting with 2 forwards instead of a striker & forward isn't going to cause teams bother at this level.
Neither Robinson or mcgoldrick are centre forwards and it showed today think they will be fighting for the second striker spot

He did include himself in it if you listen very carfully and listen to what he says ,I think next satdi could be ransack the nearest beeroff moment, whatever the outcome, we are still gelling esp with new signings, his main gripe was we gave the ball away too easily, and didn't work hard enough, my thought was CW we have become a little too complacement, esp with the last 3 seasons, not meant in a negagtive way, perhaps it has just crept up on us and we expect a rosy ending at the end of every game, well that certainly aint gonna happen in the big boys league.

Wilder might want include himself for a bollocking tonight. Starting with 2 forwards instead of a striker & forward isn't going to cause teams bother at this level.

3 games 3 goals and 2 of those from strikers coming off the bench. I can understand us being more defensive minded but it's not like we're missing sitters every week. We need to create for and for me McBurnie has to start if the plan is to go longer.

CW was spot on but the 3-5-1-1 defensive formation at Home did not help. We gave then too much respect and when we brought two forwards on their defence was worried. We had no goal threat with Robinson and Mcg, with Mcb and Sharp much better.

CW was unhappy the three centre backs did not push further up the field and was frustrated the number of times we lost possession. Even at 1-1 he expected us to push on but we didn't. Nothing to disagree with there.

They had pace quick feet and thought when in possession of the ball. Too many of our players to-day were not up to this standard. Choudry won all the second balls in midfield and Schemichel gave a master class in ball distribution and was at times their most dangerous attacking outlet, Hendo take note if you want to get to the top.

The number of times we let them have an out ball to the right back was ridiculous. We weren't at the races to-day and CW summed it up by saying he told them at half time he may as well bring forward his table reservation at a restaurant tonight forward to 4.15.

It was a match if we'd been on our game we could have got something out of. They had two chances and took them both. CW didn't believe we deserved anything and I agree with him which is disappointing because when we got to 1-1 we were on the front foot and they didn't look anything special.

3 games 3 goals and 2 of those from strikers coming off the bench. I can understand us being more defensive minded but it's not like we're missing sitters every week. We need to create for and for me McBurnie has to start if the plan is to go longer.

Goldie has missed 3 sitters to date but I like him. I would switch Robinson for McBurnie.

Wilder said Leicester deserved the win, I dont agree with him, I thought we deserved something out of it but fair enough to Leicester they got the second and held on, first half we were slightly disappointing but lifted it in the second half, I came away disappointed with the loss obviously but overall thought we competed well and had our chances,we will give Chelsea a scare I reckon next week.

To be honest we respected them too much in the first half, I don't know whether that was the team or team instructions, and let's be honest we were playing a team that 2 weeks ago I thought and still do will be challenging the top 6, so that is understandable, but the second half when we were behind we thought fuck this and I thought we were the the best team, so although this was a loss I feel quite good because we will learn from this, I can only think of 2 chances they had and they scored from both, the second being a worldly

His interview on Sky Sports, although delivering the same verdict was a lot less dramatic than the Radio Sheffield one.

Calmed down after the BBC interview or is it just for dramatic effect for the local Radio?!

To be honest we respected them too much in the first half, I don't know whether that was the team or team instructions, and let's be honest we were playing a team that 2 weeks ago I thought and still do will be challenging the top 6, so that is understandable, but the second half when we were behind we thought fuck this and I thought we were the the best team, so although this was a loss I feel quite good because we will learn from this, I can only think of 2 chances they had and they scored from both, the second being a worldly

I listened to the interview in the car on Radio Sheffield on the way back.

He said we lost the game in the dressing room. He also said to the reporter 'do you know where we lost the game ' and I thought he was about to elaborate on the 'dressing room' comment. He held himself back.

But your right Bobby b we showed them far too much respect in that first half and I think in the dressing room the players thought they were about to face Barcelona.

Second half they played with far more belief.

Stamford Bridge next week. We need to start with that same belief we've had over the past 3 years. We are here because we deserve to be here.

Fans were brilliant today.

I assume most of his rage is directed at Basham. Wondering what the fuck he was playing at.

Love Basham to bits but he does some odd things at times. Running diagonally across the centre circle across 3 Leicester players, when he has little cover behind him, wasn’t the smartest idea. But I agree with Wilder that we weren’t good enough in or out of possession today. Having said that, I disagree that we got what we deserved. We deserved a point.

I thought it was a great effort by the lads today. That game will have done them some good. Unlike the previous two teams, Leicester have real quality and we pushed them all the way. A mistake and a wonder goal was all that stood between us and a result.

Yes he's right in first half too many sloppy passes.

But my God...

WE are a good team- Leicester are a top top team and we more than matched them throughout the match.

I thought every player (bar Robinson who I thought a bit weak and ineffectual) were very good and definitely proud of them. Left happy - you can't say more than that.

Standout players Egan/ Freeman (this lad is going to be a superstar) McBurnie -

And for the crowd big pat on the back 10/10 - the second half rendition of Allez Allez Allez - as good as it gets.

Bring it on THIS TEAM is DARNED GOOD>

Back
Top Bottom