Wilder presser today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder needs to let go of his pride - almost wants to prove a point by bringing Brewster on the pitch!
Let go, he's not doing it for us.. simple! The subs today were awful too
He literally said Diaz took a knock and had to come off as wasn’t fit enough.

Mcburnie won and scored the penalty after Osula tried and nothing fell for him.

Norwood plays it forward where as Souza doesn’t so when are chasing a game it’s better.

Don’t know what more could be done subs wise 😂

Wilders not daft he probably knows Brewsters a busted flush, and is trying to stick some polyfilla in the cracks before a viewing in the hope someone takes a punt, let's be honest if Traore can get a top flight French loan there's no reason Brewster can't get something similar.

Ipswich struggling to bring a striker in atm too, went in for Gallagher at BBurn maybe a deadline day loan deal may work in a team like them.

I wasn’t a massive fan of Wilder coming back

But this is what he does best

Arms round Brewster, publicly backing him

It may work it may not , but calling him a cunt and giving up on him definitely won’t

I can see why they say players run through walls for him and we’ll need that that this season and next

I was also unsure about Wilders return, but he seems to be exactly what we need now to rebuild & give some structure & certainty to the club - even if we almost certainly end up back in the Championship. He also is not bullied by the biased media shite. He stands up for our club and that is important too.

I also think he was massively affected mentally/personally by Covid & he needs the buzz/passion of the crowd (home or away) to function at his best.

Overall I feel optimistic about our future with him, even if he has to do more rebuilding in the summer after we lose a few more out of contract players & Archer & probably Anel.

UTB

I was also unsure about Wilders return, but he seems to be exactly what we need now to rebuild & give some structure & certainty to the club - even if we almost certainly end up back in the Championship. He also is not bullied by the biased media shite. He stands up for our club and that is important too.

I also think he was massively affected mentally/personally by Covid & he needs the buzz/passion of the crowd (home or away) to function at his best.

Overall I feel optimistic about our future with him, even if he has to do more rebuilding in the summer after we lose a few more out of contract players & Archer & probably Anel.

UTB
I think you're right, As much as Hecky was perhaps good for the club, stability and to turn things around after Slav as well as getting us up and we can't underestimate the job he did. Wilder is perhaps better to take us forward. He's positive in the playing style and fancies us to have a go at teams, West Ham proved the difference in playing style.

UTB
Likewise I didn't think he should come back but then I never thought he should have left in the first place, I thought it was obvious he was under terrific pressure when he left and in my opinion he should have been given leave for the rest of the relegation season so that he could come back refreshed to take us back up.

I realise that would have been a massive sign of weakness and that's not allowed in the macho world of football.

UTB
I think this is pretty much everyone’s opinion that wasn’t for CW coming in. Some people will be mature like yourself and look for the positives.

Some are still obsessed with hating him no matter what.

I think you're right, As much as Hecky was perhaps good for the club, stability and to turn things around after Slav as well as getting us up and we can't underestimate the job he did. Wilder is perhaps better to take us forward. He's positive in the playing style and fancies us to have a go at teams, West Ham proved the difference in playing style.
This. He's already made quite a big difference to both the playing approach and the players' attitude, especially in trying to control the ball the better.

This is the first time I've watched a presser start to end in many months and his management of them is a next level up from Hecky.

His signing of a keeper looks an obvious decision, until you think that we didn't in the summer, which was a crazy decision.

Like night and day the press conferences under Hecky and Wilder.

Hecky managed his conferences in the same way he managed this season in the PL. Guarded, seemingly no enjoyment, almost as if he was waiting to try and be tripped up, very little information released and if there was if he had told me it was day outside I would have shut the curtains (i.e. how many times did we hear that x was available again after injury and then it transpired he was no where near).

In contrast, whilst business like and usually with an edge to them, Wilder does seem to be able to enjoy the odd interview with a bit of joviality and can get his message across re injuries and player recruitment without looking like he has a surly look on his face and disdain for the question just asked of him.

I genuinely liked PH when he first came in (and still do now he's gone!) but I think the job took its toll on him and he started to change how he came across in pressers. From fairly light hearted to appearing to being very defensive and at times almost arrogant ('the fans won't get me the sack' quote from him towards the end). Probably best for all that we parted and PH has had opportunity to get away from the daily pressures and start enjoying his working life again. I think the same thing happened to Wilder towards the end of his first reign too.

But yes, the interviews under Wilder are enjoyable and worth listening too, and this is a bonus. The later PH interviews were almost Adkins like and I just couldn't listen to them any more.

Like night and day the press conferences under Hecky and Wilder.

Hecky managed his conferences in the same way he managed this season in the PL. Guarded, seemingly no enjoyment, almost as if he was waiting to try and be tripped up, very little information released and if there was if he had told me it was day outside I would have shut the curtains (i.e. how many times did we hear that x was available again after injury and then it transpired he was no where near).

In contrast, whilst business like and usually with an edge to them, Wilder does seem to be able to enjoy the odd interview with a bit of joviality and can get his message across re injuries and player recruitment without looking like he has a surly look on his face and disdain for the question just asked of him.

I genuinely liked PH when he first came in (and still do now he's gone!) but I think the job took its toll on him and he started to change how he came across in pressers. From fairly light hearted to appearing to being very defensive and at times almost arrogant ('the fans won't get me the sack' quote from him towards the end). Probably best for all that we parted and PH has had opportunity to get away from the daily pressures and start enjoying his working life again. I think the same thing happened to Wilder towards the end of his first reign too.

But yes, the interviews under Wilder are enjoyable and worth listening too, and this is a bonus. The later PH interviews were almost Adkins like and I just couldn't listen to them any more.
And Wilder doesn’t keep saying “listen” 🤣

Who was the last journalist who Wilder took great pleasure in saying pardon

Sounded like a kids entertained

The thing with Wilder is this - he sets high standards.

He’s far more ruthless than Hecky. I bet the players liked Hecky more or perhaps I should say more of the players liked him. But Chris wil drive the club on and as I said he doesn’t mind being ruthless. Hecky has Wes in a comfort zone, Chris knows he’s not up to the level he wants and that’s it.

With Chris you’re all on or you’re out. Whereas I think Hecky was a bit more for a quiet life.

Hecky did well, he absorbed a lot and got us over the line. It just feels like a situation far more suited to Chris.

He’s far more ruthless than Hecky. I bet the players liked Hecky more or perhaps I should say more of the players liked him. But Chris wil drive the club on and as I said he doesn’t mind being ruthless. Hecky has Wes in a comfort zone, Chris knows he’s not up to the level he wants and that’s it.

With Chris you’re all on or you’re out. Whereas I think Hecky was a bit more for a quiet life.

Hecky did well, he absorbed a lot and got us over the line. It just feels like a situation far more suited to Chris.
Agree with that CB. But it makes the past Lundstram situation far more bizarre. A player taking the piss on performances and a new deal BUT played every week under Wilder.

100% this. He'll ruffle a few feathers within the bunch and players will either leave or fight for everything they've got on the pitch. The players clearly loved Hecky but were then getting battered week in and week out. Also, it makes me think this is what Hecky was like with the board—leaving the Prince to run contracts down etc.

I think you’re right in your comparison between the two managers but im in Chris’ camp when it comes to man management, why can’t players just be all in if they’re paid to be? I understand there’s more to it than that and achieving happiness in a job depends on multiple factors and personality types but footballers are in such a privileged position you’d expect them to be working their arse off whatever the weather or situation.

Agree with that CB. But it makes the past Lundstram situation far more bizarre. A player taking the piss on performances and a new deal BUT played every week under Wilder.
I think we didnt have a choice with him Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou . But at least we didn't have 10 of the bastards doing it under Wilder like we do now! Players were always tied up & moved on if they didn't commit.

Back
Top Bottom