Wilder presser today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with that CB. But it makes the past Lundstram situation far more bizarre. A player taking the piss on performances and a new deal BUT played every week under Wilder.

The only thing I can think of which I had not considered is that he wasn't being sanctioned any new signings that January. So may have been told to just told to play him anyway and hope he signs a new deal.

All very bizarre though and maybe Wilder due to it being COVID times he wasn't thinking straight.

Joe Pasquale asking the final two questions is right up there with things I didn’t expect to come across this week.

Sounds like the lino better sleep with one eye open

My thought on sandwich gate was why was the lino having a sarnie at gone 10pm? Surely he had his tea pre match given it didn't kick off until 8
Lino's haven't been the same since they changed to "Assistant Referees". Now they're a law unto themselves, stuffing sandwiches at all hours.

I once saw a bloke devouring a sausage roll at almost 5pm. "Who does that?" i thought to myself in horror that he'd spoil his tea. My mate turned to me an said "he's one of those Assistant Referee's". That's when i realised that the games gone.

Lino's haven't been the same since they changed to "Assistant Referees". Now they're a law unto themselves, stuffing sandwiches at all hours.

I once saw a bloke devouring a sausage roll at almost 5pm. "Who does that?" i thought to myself in horror that he'd spoil his tea. My mate turned to me a said "he's one of those Assistant Referee's". That's when i realised that the games gone.
Those fucking ridiculous ‘6th officials’ or whatever they were called were the absolute worst. Poncing around the edge of the penalty area with those stupid relay batons.

My thought on sandwich gate was why was the lino having a sarnie at gone 10pm? Surely he had his tea pre match given it didn't kick off until 8

I think if you are trying to have a conversation with someone and they just carry on eating as you talk to them it is a bit rude. Also, for Wilder that's probably the only chance he gets to speak to them about what's gone on during the game.

Today a woman I was speaking to over the phone in DHL customer services was clearly eating as they were trying to talk to me. No you have a lunch break, now get that fucking food away from your cake hole and do your job.

We lose a game by fine margins again and get a camera shoved in your face straight after. Pretty sure we'd be all be having a moan, these people are human. Look at Klopp in some of his. If Wilder (or any of us) were asking for answers from an official and they couldn't be arsed to look us in the eye and take it seriously, we'd find it disrespectful. Would they keep eating their supper if it was Ferguson, Mourinho, Pep? Phrased poorly, granted.

Think a journo could jump on the forum and see far more to be embarrassed about than a comment about a lino eating a sandwich.

Last edited:
View attachment 178446View attachment 178447
As if we arent enough of a joke on the field we have Wilder whinging like a little baby about someone eating a sandwich and playing the victim card. What a whinge. We were shit on Tuesday, He should’ve just left all this nonsense in his head.
Did you go to the game? Saying we were “shit” is frankly idiotic.

Nah mate, you enjoy your sandwich while you're meeting with a Premier League manager.

It was the way that he shoehorned "Premier League" into there that made it sound so daft imo, as if the level they're at should make a blind bit of difference.

Nah mate, you enjoy your sandwich while you're meeting with a Premier League manager.

It was the way that he shoehorned "Premier League" into there that made it sound so daft imo, as if the level they're at should make a blind bit of difference.

Don’t you know there’s rules..

You’re allowed a sandwich and cream donut when meeting a Championship manager.

However when an official meets a Premier League manager it cannot be more than a cup of tea and 1 gingernut.

Officials must also bow their heads when a Premier League manager enters or exits the room.

Wilder is correct to call out the constant bullshit in our games. In the last week we've had a Brighton lad go down in installments and get a pen whilst diving constantly throughout the game without punishment. Osula gets wiped out and it's nothing doing. Then the assault on our keeper goes totally unpunished in the Palace game. We've also had the Nunez scissor tackle that went unpunished which led directly to a goal. Nunez was on a booking btw. Enzo goes through the back of Fleck on a booking and you know the rest. Then you have arguably the worst foul of the season on Souza that is looked at by VAR resulting in no red . If Wilder isn't going to stick up for the club who will?

Bet it’s not the first time he’s used that phrase - reyt Karen 🤣

I don't mind if he wants to have a pop at them all, I would in his position, fuck em.

So long as he retains that fire in his belly, gets us through this season with as much dignity as possible (a finish above Burnley would be really good), and gets us on course to mount a decent campaign in the championship next season, I'll be happeh!

Wilder is correct to call out the constant bullshit in our games. In the last week we've had a Brighton lad go down in installments and get a pen whilst diving constantly throughout the game without punishment. Osula gets wiped out and it's nothing doing. Then the assault on our keeper goes totally unpunished in the Palace game. We've also had the Nunez scissor tackle that went unpunished which led directly to a goal. Nunez was on a booking btw. Enzo goes through the back of Fleck on a booking and you know the rest. Then you have arguably the worst foul of the season on Souza that is looked at by VAR resulting in no red . If Wilder isn't going to stick up for the club who will?

Goes both ways mate. We’ve been given some soft as shit penalties and at the other end been lucky not to have given away several.

I actually think we’ve had a pretty good rub of the green this season with VAR and refereeing (for the most part)

I assure you we are in general treated no worse than any other club outside the big 6.

Goes both ways mate. We’ve been given some soft as shit penalties and at the other end been lucky not to have given away several.

I actually think we’ve had a pretty good rub of the green this season with VAR and refereeing (for the most part)

I assure you we are in general treated no worse than any other club outside the big 6.

I could name many other examples pre Wilder. It has nowhere near balanced out imo. A lot of them haven't cost us results so they go under the radar.

I think this is pretty much everyone’s opinion that wasn’t for CW coming in. Some people will be mature like yourself and look for the positives.

Some are still obsessed with hating him no matter what.
It’s not about hate he just wasn’t the right fit

Strange game to suddenly go to town on the ref.

Wilder has generally been respectful of refs, something I prefer to Warmocks approach for instance

The collision with Mateta and Grbic wasn't nasty imho. Maybe a booking at worst but he didn't go him. He just ran into him.

If McB had done it to Henderson and got booked or worse, most would gave kicked off and blamed Clattenburg.

Back
Top Bottom