Wilder Out ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely someone can fashion a defence that can stop this weekly humiliation from happening. There are 72 clubs below us in the football league who could put up a much better showing than this shite. I am deeply ashamed of my club now and all the player’s currently wearing our proud shirts…Chris Wilder has put his heart before his head and returned to complete the humiliation he started the first time…He’ll be lucky to work again after this.

Surely someone can fashion a defence that can stop this weekly humiliation from happening. There are 72 clubs below us in the football league who could put up a much better showing than this shite. I am deeply ashamed of my club now and all the player’s currently wearing our proud shirts…Chris Wilder has put his heart before his head and returned to complete the humiliation he started the first time…He’ll be lucky to work again after this.

He should never have comeback.

He couldn’t have got tactics more wrong & he’s not learnt from any of the previous hidings .. Rinse & repeat of Brighton & Villa games .
Playing one up front just allows their defenders to walk the ball forward & overload us .
Yes there’s a gulf in class but my answer to that is Luton … spent less , but are competitive in every game even when they lose .. us set up for damage limitation & offer nothing at either end of the pitch .
It’s just fkin shite to watch ⚔️

He won't be going anywhere soon he's a first rate back stabber (in Heckingbottom's back) and he has got his tongue firmly positioned up the Poundland's arse hence why he got the job back. Poundland "oh good old Chris has signed the sorry book" Also his press conferences are a stuttering load of bullshit that are a good replacement for sleeping tablets.

Thinking rationally, I don’t think there’s any point getting rid of him before the end of the season.

But to me, it’s obvious he’s a busted flush at this point. Since our second season in the Prem, it’s been one disaster to the next for him. The tactics and team selection in recent games have been as poor as anything Hecky served up. The problems are obviously bigger than him, but it’s just not good enough for me.

This time around, he got a bit of a reaction at first, just like Hecky had some decent performances early on in the season. But now we’re getting hammering every other game. We’re breaking records for thrashings at this point, and not just Prem records, but in the entire history of the English top tier.

We’ve seen what happens when he gets money to build a team. I’ve got no faith in him being able to put together a competitive side next season.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion and his first tenure is still the best of my lifetime but the way I see it, we desperately need to move on next season.

Just seen his interview, he said the players are hurting, well they ought to be supporters then they'd know what hurt really is, he said he might have to go with the youngsters which means to me either he hasn't got a fucking clue how to change things or the first teamers are rank, or both, after a big defeat he always attempts to rope hecky into the debacle, although hecky is also responsible there's no doubt but he was brought in to change the situation and clearly he hasnt,

We need a total reset. Unfortunately the one time we tried that there was a panicky response and we went straight back to the old ways. That did provide some measure of success, of course, but that's sadly been shown up for what it was; temporary. We've been as deluded as any Wednesday fan. We've had 8 years of the same now and it was good while it lasted but it's not buttering any parsnips any more.

I hope this recent set of results has proven once and for all to people that the current manager is no genius - although I imagine he will still have plenty speaking in his defence. But there is a pretty long line of European managers who would at least have us remotely competitive in games rather than suffering these abject surrenders week-in-week-out.

In theory the current team could/should do pretty well in the Championship but you'd have to throw most of these losers out or else this - I won't call it losing mentality as it's much, much worse than that - infection will just spread into next season and beyond.

I hope someone will be able to repost this message in 14 months time to prove me wrong, but what on earth would be the point of even earning another promotion to go up with this kind of team, playing in the sort of way, with this breed of manager?

The hooking of Norwood after 16 minutes is a microcosm of his second spell.

Norwood wasn't athletic enough for the championship by December last season, yet 14 months later he's in the midfield against possibly the most agile, dynamic and interchangeable midfield in Europe....

I keep going back to it, but the Spurs FA Cup game last season with Doyle, Coulibally and Brooks in midfield was the blueprint. Why the fuck have we not learnt?!?!?!

Abdullah please, please sell up and fuck off! And take the rest of the board and Wilder with you! Don't give a fuck who takes over!! This as destroyed or club.
We're so astonishingly bad that I can't see any reason to get rid of the manager. It won't make a difference.

We had a little bounce in performances after Wilder came in but were still mostly 2nd best in every game. Now that has passed and we're back to shipping goals.

We lost 8-0, 5-0 and 5-0 before the managerial change and we've lost 5-2, 5-0, 5-0 and whatever happens tonight after it.

We have moments where we look slightly more competent (Luton, Wolves) but ultimately we're trying to make up for huge differences in finances and quality whilst being hampered by dysfunction at board level and seemingly constant injuries. It's a negative spiral as well, over time as hope and confidence evaporates it naturally becomes even harder to bridge that gap.

Arsenal are also great. They've won 5-0 (twice), 6-0, and 4-1 in recent weeks and we lost 8-0 and 5-0 to two of those teams. Is it really any surprise that they're also battering us when we've been comfortably the worst side in the league this season?

It's not good enough and is unbelievably depressing to watch but when you go into a premier league season as underprepared as we were then this will happen. There's really nothing we can do at this point.

I struggle to blame the manager or even the players. Individually I think plenty of them could function at a competent, stable premier league club but as a collective here they're just not up to it.

Let's hope next season is more enjoyable when we have a reasonable budget for the league, a good crop of young players and a majority of games where we'll be the favourite. Remember the Gillingham game, that was fun wasn't it?
Gillingham!! Ffs they were fucking awful mate!!

Still think we give wilder a chance to start the clear out in summer. These players are just a joke and I don’t blame him for saying he might have to play the youth

These players have the pedigree to play at a decent level in the championship, however there is no organisation, team spirit or drive. They are everything that a Sheffield United team is not, yet Wilder is in charge of them, he picks the team, decides the tactics, chooses the captain and decides on the substititions.

think tonight gives even the biggest Wilder fan a clue that he is clueless as he got not one of those pre requisites correct!

I don't think Wilder has seen Saka play or even heard of him.

Back 4 and Trusty up gainst him was cruel.

Brighton game we went 4 at the back after Holgate was sent off. That led to us conceding 2 goals. Then Wilder changed it.

We're already losing tonight so he takes Norwood off and tries strengthening the defence by bringing on Osborn.

His starting line up tonight was a shambles.

Deserves to go for thinking thinking putting Trusty 1-on-1 against Saka was a good idea.
Hecky actually mentioned the whole 1v1 thing in his talksport interview last week and how important it is to get those decisions right.

I thought Osborn did a far better job of containing Saka than old Untrusty. Mind you just being in the same postcode was an improvement.

Still think we give wilder a chance to start the clear out in summer. These players are just a joke and I don’t blame him for saying he might have to play the youth
If Wilder had anything to do with bringing Grbic or Holgate in this January, I don’t want him anywhere near the club next summer.

His recuitment when we actually had money and momentum in our last season in the Prem was dire and we’re still paying the price for it now.

All playing the kids will do is expose them to a level they’re not ready for and risk permanently damaging their confidence.

Back
Top Bottom