Wilder Out ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Antiquated ?, it was only 4 years ago that we were in the Prem top 10 and I don’t think football has changed much in that time to make wilder antiquated.

Regarding the “someone like Wednesday’s boss” comment, will you stand by that if they go down ?

Everyone seems to want to get a young manager that will be the next big thing, this squad will need some proper surgery this summer so I doubt any up and coming manager would fancy it.
He has not moved on since his very successful overlapping centre backs
His inability to choose the right players in the right formation and then be slow to react is the reason why I want change.
His transfer record since we got promoted to the premiership is also terrible.
His January loan signings have been one good BBD and the other terrible. The one purchase he had made has already been overlooked after three matches for the guy he was brought in to replace

How the hell can Wilder be out.

He's here for the promotion push next season.

EVERYONE knows this.

He was at best going to push for survival.
The same fundamental problems will be here if you change manager again or not; the limited finances and playing staff.

There will be no cash and there will be a need to wheel and deal at a lower level.

Best hope is that the relegated teams from before go straight back up and leave the division largely as it was when we exited it.

It’s probably also better that the three promoted teams head back down.

When people mention going for a Russell a Martin type, we would not have the patience.

Can anyone recall his Swansea team just walking the ball into trouble? He’s doing well now, but he’s doing well because he now has the second highest values squad in the league.

Even Corberon. Would he come? How many promotions has he to his name? You’re just changing the names but the problems persist.

If Chris and the recruitment team are out of their depth at this level, then they aren’t at the level below.

One thing is did wish and I don’t this this is hindsight, it’s that we’d just brought the shutters down in January with relegation assured almost.

The only justification is if we finish 19th. Perhaps 2m+ on wages obtains a greater return by not finishing bottom.

Last edited:
I've had enough , I championed his return but it's time we said it like it is

He isn't good enough the Boro fans were right

For me I'd sack him tonight and get someone like a Russell Martin

May I add that my good friend fallowfield blade suggested him and was unfairly hounded off the platform as a pariah

Failing him I'd even see if hecky would come back after his driving ban he's limited to the jobs he can get

Keep the faith keep the fallowfield
Abdullah is laughing his head off!

How the hell can Wilder be out.

He's here for the promotion push next season.

EVERYONE knows this.

He was at best going to push for survival.
100% this, with one caveat, please do NOT give him any real money to spend. He's like a kid in a sweetshop, he'll blow it all on one big signing, who'll be useless.

If the Prince is in charge, this shouldn't be a problem.

We should accept being in the Championship, barely competing, hire a quality scouting team and a young , forward thinking manager, build a quality academy, then wait for it all to pay off
The Norwich model

Very little could have worked. Even if Warnock had come back I doubt we'd have had the fight to stay up this season.

If Wilder isn't the answer to next season, there was no point in bringing him back.
He didn’t cost much , wasn’t in work and would do it

It's like putting Dettori on a shirehorse and expecting him to be placed in the Derby.
Imagine Dettori on a Clydesdale, such a small man, such a huge horse. Something very whimsical about that image.

Fuck off Wilder and fuck off Holgate. I'm 100% behind someone like Russell.

Agreed - the question is who is best placed to rebuild next season. Personally I think Wilder's recent performances (ever since Aug 2020 with us, Boro, Watford and us again) don't persuade me he's the right man. Especially given how he flounced out last time after blaming everyone but himself. As I said on Deadbats post we need to look for a fresh younger manager, such as Evatt, McKenna, Still, Manning, Mousinho etc. provided we are able to attract one!

Wilders tactics havent worked for years. Fans just long for nostalgia. How about going for a manager who is forward thinking and can work with the youngsters. It will take 5-10 years to rebuild from the car crash of Wilders last rebuild. Fans need to be patient with a manager who can take the club forward long term.

Hard to blame anyone except the hierarchy at the club, or LACK OF hierarchy at the club. This league is brutal (thanks to all the money), if you're not at the top of your game you're going to get hammered regularly.

At the end of the day Jacky Robinson is our star defender. God love him. We had no real hope this season.
Unfortunately all true mate also unfortunately very realistic . Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves ,trouble is they try to kid the rest of us .

Wilders tactics havent worked for years. Fans just long for nostalgia. How about going for a manager who is forward thinking and can work with the youngsters. It will take 5-10 years to rebuild from the car crash of Wilders last rebuild. Fans need to be patient with a manager who can take the club forward long term.
Ha ha ha ha did you say fans need to be patient .

Unfortunately all true mate also unfortunately very realistic . Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves ,trouble is they try to kid the rest of us .
Alas I would say of our defence only Baldock is Prem quality, and he has become injury prone, and is out of contract shortly. Anel may be under different circumstances, but has lost his mojo. Egan had regressed before his injury. Bogle simply cant defend. Robbo is wholehearted, which is endearing, but in reality is still limited and he wouldn’t get a look in at any other Prem team.

Alas I would say of our defence only Baldock is Prem quality, and he has become injury prone, and is out of contract shortly. Anel may be under different circumstances, but has lost his mojo. Egan had regressed before his injury. Bogle simply cant defend. Robbo is wholehearted, which is endearing, but in reality is still limited and he wouldn’t get a look in at any other Prem team.
We have Holgate unfortunately . I am sure it was in Evertons plans to make sure he got a place in our defence .Very clever . We should have smelt a rat another relegation team not objecting to him coming to us .

Sacking him or not letting him take the reins next season sounds like a decent idea for a club which has a chairman that has a long term plan or some sort of steer.

That + the fact we're always skint, and we won't be able to rebuild for the next manager (who undoubtedly will be a cheap option) and I think it would be foolish to not keep Wilder.

At least he cares and is in touch with the fanbase. And knows the squad, knows what with the limited funds needs spending.

This summer is very reminiscent of when Wilder originally took over. Loads of players out of contract and a real chance to clear the decks. If by some miracle we get a new owner it would be a great time to get a young fresh manager and start to build for the future, put their own stamp on the squad without the burden of numerous players on long term contracts. If we are not sold you might as well keep Wilder as nothing will change in the wider hierarchy of the club

It'll be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season regarding who is still here, both on the playing, management and ownership side of things.

We've been marginally better since Chris took over but not remarkably so. We still concede goals for fun but frankly even if peak Ferguson, Guardiola, Klopp or Ancelotti were in charge of this lot, it wouldn't make a jot of difference. The squad just isn't talented enough, smart enough or up for the challenge but we knew that as soon as we saw who we were signing and the pittance we've spent vs who we lost. Other than Archer and BBD, the rest might as well have not signed at all for what they've delivered.

After a good result at Luton then dishing out that rubbish, there's little hope that this lot can put any sort of a run of results together. All we can hope for is for Luton to keep losing and to somehow blag some points against the teams around us. The remaining fixtures are the only slim hope we have but I fancy that the Everton and Forest games will be dead rubbers by then. We'll probably draw at Burnley which relegates the pair of us.

We've ticked the Derby box, next is to finish above Burnley and to get more than the 23 points than we did last time round which is probably odds against at the moment.

Problem we have with getting a new manager is that all the players we know to be dross might get a clean slate and nothing really changes. Who is going to want to come in under the regime that's in place? Until Prince sells up, we'll be forever in limbo, living week to week.

Back
Top Bottom