Wilder / Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are you saying he didn’t?

We may have made a mess earlier regarding a contract but let’s not pretend he was desperate to stay. It’s not hard to imagine he thought he’d have similar success in France. Agreeing to sign then backing out suggests he did.
He did want away, but it’s criminal that we allowed it to get to that point.

I bet Mitoma doesn’t see Brighton as his long term home, but he signed a new contract last season whilst being one of their stellar performers. He gets more money now and potential move down the line whilst enjoying football. Brighton get him now and then lots of money in the future.

This is what I think might have been an option with Ndiaye, but we handled the situation badly and we lost him for buttons.

Did he adore us as much ?

Maybe he thought the Marseille fans would adore him more.

His decision, his career.
Obviously he didn’t, I assume he liked the ego boost we gave him, but ultimately he had little allegiance to a club that wouldn’t give him a regular first team place until he signed a contract under Slav.

He did want away, but it’s criminal that we allowed it to get to that point.

I bet Mitoma doesn’t see Brighton as his long term home, but he signed a new contract last season whilst being one of their stellar performers. He gets more money now and potential move down the line whilst enjoying football. Brighton get him now and then lots of money in the future.

This is what I think might have been an option with Ndiaye, but we handled the situation badly and we lost him for buttons.

I agreed with that bit.

There were still 3 changes to make at a notoriously dangerous time in the game for us where we'll have been tiring. I thought Davies and McBurnie could have helped keep it down to 3

McBurnie wasn’t fit enough to play. Not sure how he’d have managed to keep it to 3 anyway.

What I don’t get is that we were asking for leaders.

Worrall was captain at Forest.

Wouldn’t we have been better dropping Holgate and getting him once we knew he was available for loan?
Did Forest want to do business with us?

Yes. A deal was there but we had already moved along to Holgate when they realised a sale wasn’t going to happen and would then accept a loan.

Might have been harsh on Holgate but that’s business.
Not that I think Worrall would have been life changing and he’s hardly played like Holgate but at least he’s a PL reserve and not a Championship reserve. He’s more Ciaran Clark than Charlie Goode at least.

I believe Holgate is paid 70 grand per week. That’s over 1 million for his time with us. Wilder once again wasting the budget. Money which could be much more useful next season. Surely the pair of them have to be sacked.

The success of our first season back and the 9th placed finish papered over some of the poor signings we made that season. Some of them were jettisoned the following season and the rest have either gone for nothing or a loss. McBurnie the only one left and his availability has been piss poor since he signed.
Brewster is still here. I agree with you though.

How is Illiman doing in the French legions ?
How did he do against City in the cup semi last year ?

Yet people assume he would tear the PL apart if he had stopped with us - really.

How is Berge doing at Burnley, is he tearing the PL apart ? I saw him the other week allow an attacker he was supposed to be marking score, because he can only jump 3 inches.
Both massively overrated.

Wilder has shown once again he has terrible judgement when it comes to signing players. Everton and Southampton fans were very clear just how bad Holgate is. He couldn’t get into either team. Our fans were very clear we did not want Holgate signed. Wilder must have known the views of supporters. In his own bloody minded “I know best” way, he still went ahead with the signing. I don’t believe for one second Holgate was the only option during the transfer window. Wilder wasted the budget when he was last here and it would seem he’s learnt nothing.
Since his last spell with us, Wilder has been a complete failure. He should never have come back and the sooner he’s gone, the better.
We need to give Wilder time to sort this mess out took some guts to come back after previous.
Will it make things go away sacking him No!!.

How is Illiman doing in the French legions ?
How did he do against City in the cup semi last year ?

Yet people assume he would tear the PL apart if he had stopped with us - really.

How is Berge doing at Burnley, is he tearing the PL apart ? I saw him the other week allow an attacker he was supposed to be marking score, because he can only jump 3 inches.
I'm not saying either of them WOULD have 'torn up' the premier league.
I'm saying AT THAT TIME, they were considered our best two players, and we let them go.
My point in that post wasn't about how good bad or indifferent the players we have are, but more about the lack of investment and foresight the owner has.

I believe Holgate is paid 70 grand per week. That’s over 1 million for his time with us. Wilder once again wasting the budget. Money which could be much more useful next season. Surely the pair of them have to be sacked.
We aren’t paying the full wages, Everton and us have come to an agreement on how many % of Holgate's wages we are paying

Yeah but - on the internet it says he earns £ 70k/week.

So we must be paying him that, even though none of us have seen his contract.

The internet never lies, or misinforms :rolleyes:

There are plenty of decent hills to die on

Trying to convince yourself/us that Holgate is a good player isn't one worth dying on.

Give it up mate 🤣
Where have I said he’s a good player? I said I think this was the recruitments decision to sign him more than Wilders due to how long we’ve been after him.

I actually don’t think he’s terrible, he’s no better or worse than Trusty who we’d all say is pretty average

We can see someone who’s completely out his depth at LWB in Laroucci & Holgate doesn’t stand out like he does.

We need to give Wilder time to sort this mess out took some guts to come back after previous.
Will it make things go away sacking him No!!.
Took some guts to come back?
I cannot think of any other premier or championship club that would have him on the salary that we are no doubt paying, plus no doubt a lucrative bonus if we were to stay up. remember this is the guy who threatened to resign on a number of occasions unless we gave in to his demands, be they players or improved contract.

I remember him playing against Clayton Donaldson for West Brom. They were having a bit of back and forth and he said ‘I don’t know who you are, you’re wank’ to Clayton.

Sadly Mason, I know exactly who you are, a wank footballer with shit for brains who on numerous occasions has come across as a total cunt. Worst of all you play for my fucking team 😡

Yes. A deal was there but we had already moved along to Holgate when they realised a sale wasn’t going to happen and would then accept a loan.

Might have been harsh on Holgate but that’s business.

A loan deal? All I heard for Worrall was a permanent if we'd sold Anel. I do agree though if so, I'd have preferred him for the reason suggested.

A loan deal? All I heard for Worrall was a permanent if we'd sold Anel. I do agree though if so, I'd have preferred him for the reason suggested.
As I read it, Forest only wanted to sell but then when it became apparent this wasn’t going to be an option and Worrall wanted to play games, they agreed to let him leave on loan, by which time United had move on.

But I would imagine if determined enough, we could have pivoted towards Worrall.

As I read it, Forest only wanted to sell but then when it became apparent this wasn’t going to be an option and Worrall wanted to play games, they agreed to let him leave on loan, by which time United had move on.

But I would imagine if determined enough, we could have pivoted towards Worrall.
I don't rate Worrall particularly, but this team is crying out for leadership and determination and he'd have brought that.

Holgate looks like a complete wallflower.

If the rumours are true, then there were two (limited) options available, and Wilder chose the wrong one.

I don't rate Worrall particularly, but this team is crying out for leadership and determination and he'd have brought that.

Holgate looks like a complete wallflower.

If the rumours are true, then there were two (limited) options available, and Wilder chose the wrong one.
It doesn’t say much for our scouting does it?

A bloke Forest don’t want and a bloke Everton don’t want.

Not a single option but for out of favour players from the teams immediately above us.

It doesn’t say much for our scouting does it?

A bloke Forest don’t want and a bloke Everton don’t want.

Not a single option but for out of favour players from the teams immediately above us.
It's because we won't pay for anything.

A pal of mine is mates with Hecky and some of the stories of financial parsimony are astounding.

We 100% need a change of ownership.

The only tackle worse than that one was by Eric Cantona on that Palace fan. We'd have been better off sticking with what we had than loaning Holgate. We only brought him in because Wilder is still stuck with three at the back and no real plan B.
What about the one that snapped Coutt’s leg?
Wasn’t even called a foul.

Back
Top Bottom