Wilder / Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s just nowhere near the level though. The defence and GK spots needed a major upgrade, we all knew that coming into the summer. It didn’t happen. And here we are.
Because we can’t afford to address it. Knowing and being able to act, two different things.

Wilder definitely had Worrall as his No 1 choice. Forest were playing hard ball. So we ended up with Holgate. Worrall very pissed off - ended up going to A club in Greece.

Good chance he will end up here next season. Source - from a clued up Forest season ticket holder I work with.
Hope so!

Reading the press, both Wilder and Holgate should be sacked for bringing our club into disrepute. They are both an absolute disgrace to our club and football in general.

Can someone enlighten me as to how Paul Mitchell still has a job?. He's overseen 5 years of shocking recruitment.
I can’t think of a team who has been as wasteful as us in the market. Got to the promised land of the premier league and our net spend of 126 million over the last 5 seasons has left us with this shit. Luton have a net spend of 14 million and look to have a better team already.

Paul mitchell, wilder & hecky are all clueless in the market.

Wilder has shown once again he has terrible judgement when it comes to signing players. Everton and Southampton fans were very clear just how bad Holgate is. He couldn’t get into either team. Our fans were very clear we did not want Holgate signed. Wilder must have known the views of supporters. In his own bloody minded “I know best” way, he still went ahead with the signing. I don’t believe for one second Holgate was the only option during the transfer window. Wilder wasted the budget when he was last here and it would seem he’s learnt nothing.
Since his last spell with us, Wilder has been a complete failure. He should never have come back and the sooner he’s gone, the better.

Simple question, now that Holgate is banned for three matches what defenders do we have ?

He was brought in to supplement a threadbare defence, now our defence is almost non existent.

I can’t think of a team who has been as wasteful as us in the market. Got to the promised land of the premier league and our net spend of 126 million over the last 5 seasons has left us with this shit. Luton have a net spend of 14 million and look to have a better team already.

We had money. We spunked it. We still had a bit. We spunked that. With next to nothing we dry came.

Everyone does remember that Hecky was also after Holgate don’t we?

It seems like our recrtuiment decide who we sign 😂

Wilder definitely had Worrall as his No 1 choice. Forest were playing hard ball. So we ended up with Holgate. Worrall very pissed off - ended up going to A club in Greece.

Worrall's actual club is probably closer to Greece than Holgate was to the ball :)

The success of our first season back and the 9th placed finish papered over some of the poor signings we made that season. Some of them were jettisoned the following season and the rest have either gone for nothing or a loss. McBurnie the only one left and his availability has been piss poor since he signed.

Southampton fans love it as us buying him freed them up a loan slot to get David Brooks. 1 goal 2 assists in 4 appearances for them already. 🤣

You allow your best two players (one arguably) to leave two weeks before the season starts.

How is Illiman doing in the French legions ?
How did he do against City in the cup semi last year ?

Yet people assume he would tear the PL apart if he had stopped with us - really.

How is Berge doing at Burnley, is he tearing the PL apart ? I saw him the other week allow an attacker he was supposed to be marking score, because he can only jump 3 inches.

Southampton fans love it as us buying him freed them up a loan slot to get David Brooks. 1 goal 2 assists in 4 appearances for them already. 🤣

Against the likes of Wendy, Millwall and Huddersfield though.

The only tackle worse than that one was by Eric Cantona on that Palace fan. We'd have been better off sticking with what we had than loaning Holgate. We only brought him in because Wilder is still stuck with three at the back and no real plan B.
Not condoning Holgate's ludicrous challenge in any way, shape or form but even this season Frank Onyeka's (unpunished) assault on Vini Souza was worse.

How is Illiman doing in the French legions ?
How did he do against City in the cup semi last year ?

Yet people assume he would tear the PL apart if he had stopped with us - really.

How is Berge doing at Burnley, is he tearing the PL apart ? I saw him the other week allow an attacker he was supposed to be marking score, because he can only jump 3 inches.
Definitely better to sell Ndiaye then just in case he wasn’t very good, particularly with the really good way we spent the money we got for him.

I didnt want us to sign Holgate mainly down to everytime I see him play for Everton, West Brom he looks average at best,. I assume we signed him as he was about the only option on the table as our recruitment policy involves about as much effort as putting a job add in the back of the star. His signing drums up about the same excitement as a Paddy Mcarthy/Simon Lappin/ Jonathan forte loan signing. A very average limited player who you know will go through the motions and just dissappear without a trace when we inevitably go down, I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt on his stupid rash idiotic tackle today that threw the game. Basing it on inexperience and wanting to impress...then I realised he's infact 27 and played over 200 games. There is no excuse to be flying into a tackle thigh high at any time in a game never mind after 13 mins, thick as mince! Hes lucky he didnt cripple Matsuma. I'd be fuming with him if I was his teammate. Everton must be pissing themselves.

Simple question, now that Holgate is banned for three matches what defenders do we have ?

He was brought in to supplement a threadbare defence, now our defence is almost non existent.
Today he made the defence threadbare. No excuses for what he did and how bad he is.

Definitely better to sell Ndiaye then just in case he wasn’t very good, particularly with the really good way we spent the money we got for him.

He wanted away. He was gone for nothing in the summer same as Berge. We clearly gambled the money for the future, which currently looks like mid championship. At best.

Frightening that our recruitment team thought Larouci was a player.
The first game he had for us i couldn’t believe what I was seeing.
We need a complete rebuild especially at the back. RND career probably over. Lowe not good enough so thats a left wing back we need.
Bogle not good enough Baldock slowing down? Egan, Robinson not good enough Osborn. Trusty Anel probably ok for Championship. Lose Archer, Macatee in summer. New keeper can’t push Wes out. Struggling to see what we have to build around. Can’t trust the recruitment team to find one decent player when we will need at least 8.

He took our only striker off and went defensive at 2-0 😂
There were still 3 changes to make at a notoriously dangerous time in the game for us where we'll have been tiring. I thought Davies and McBurnie could have helped keep it down to 3

He wanted away. He was gone for nothing in the summer same as Berge. We clearly gambled the money for the future, which currently looks like mid championship. At best.
A young lad playing the best football of his life and being adored by the fans and getting promoted to the ‘best league in world’ and he wanted away.

We fucked up.

I wish we had got Brooks.

A young lad playing the best football of his life and being adored by the fans and getting promoted to the ‘best league in world’ and he wanted away.

We fucked up.

Are you saying he didn’t?

We may have made a mess earlier regarding a contract but let’s not pretend he was desperate to stay. It’s not hard to imagine he thought he’d have similar success in France. Agreeing to sign then backing out suggests he did.

Back
Top Bottom