Wilder by the looks of it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We all have opinions so abusing each other on here makes us look as bad as those entitled deluded lot from the theatre of rust. For me, yes he made mistakes, especially at the end. It was an ending that nobody wanted and it was also unprecedented times which was difficult for everyone, Wilder included. He gave us some incredible moments that I'll remember till the day I die. As long as he says the right things, apologises for his mistakes, wants to wrong his rights then I'll back him. But he has to be open and honest about the mistakes he made. We're human, we all make them. The important thing is has he learnt from them? His stock dropped dramatically and he needs to put that right. Hecky is a great coach and analyst but we don't have that get up and get them attitude that is the blades way. I know that we spend more time on shape then we do on fitness and I wonder if that's a reason for the amount of injuries. What is important is that whoever is in charge, we need to back them cus without our 12th man, we're well and truly doomed.
So let me get this right if Wilder says sorry I put my self first by legging it out of the back door when the going got tough, then we should all forgive him and get behind him ?
I don't rate Heckingbottom never have done but given a choice of him or Wilder then Heckingbottom wins hands down all day long, infact I would sooner have Megson than Wilder.

I get why sone people think we need a change. And I get why some people look back at Wilders achievements with us and would welcome him back.

But realistically, who gets what out of this (if it happens)?

Can see why Wilder would fancy it; another good pay day when his options are looking thin. But surely the same problems regarding infrastructure, recruitment are still there? Unless he’s been genuinely humbled over his last 3 years experiences and has effectively had his knackers done and will just fall in line.

But struggling to see why Abdullah would want this particular move?

Okay- they’ve made up and are pals again. Thats lovely. But what exactly is he thinking this move will achieve?

Is he honestly expecting Wilder will suddenly revive this ragtag, mostly injured mess of a squad of another mans players and stay up? The same bloke who he had an huge, embarrassing public fall-out with, amidst on pitch capitulation and leading to a massive pay off and a need for huge reform on and off the pitch?

If thats the case, what kind of businessman/mug is he? Even just from Abdullahs POV; Why would you go straight back in with the same bloke who caused you all that public and professional grief and expense, then relieved you of an alleged £4m… just because he flew out to your house and said “Oh sorry pal… got a bit hairy back then, eh?”

And if he’s as skint as we’re led to believe, wheres the sense in paying off the remainder of Heckys FIVE YEAR contract (not to mention McCall, Lester, etc) and then giving a 3 year contract to Wilder (if reports are true) and presumably Knill and potentially a coaching role for one W Sharp? Thats a lot of spunkin moneh for whats likely to yield the same end result, come what May (if not March).

All I can think of is that our great leader thinks getting rid of Hecky and replacing him with a cult hero who achieved genuinely amazing things, but then shit his trousers will somehow deflect the blame for the abysmal off field operations over the last 12 months, inflicted by… er, Abdullah himself.

10 years at the club now; he’s done some good, some bad, some odd. I still genuinely have no idea what his actual motivations are or his plan is for being here.

Heckys not perfect (injuries, subs), but he’s a good man who’s pulled us out of the shit with genuine dignity. This season is awful, but his pre season was derailed by his superiors and he certainly doesn’t deserve the skullduggery seemingly happening now. Wilders done amazing things for us in the past and given us great times. If he’s manager by next week, I’ll support him and hope for the best. But it all leaves a sour taste and Im VERY dubious for the reasoning.

Last edited:
So you're telling me you're a WUM then 😂 fine by me, u can't have been lurking as a closet pig since 2015 can you? Describing them as (full name) was a bit of an own goal if you've been here so long, never mind abusing a legend (regardless of recent feelings he is one) or saying you'll be going to watch them..

BTW, I have some pending news on the rust bucket, can't say owt till the structural repoprts come back, but that place could be houses in 2 years time, so if you are going to watch them instead, you'd better get your skates on.

UTB..

I guess Wilder will be the 1st manager to get us relegated from the Prem twice? At least we'll go down swinging like the 20/21 season...

Sarcasm aside, he's a decent championship manager, I just hope he gets the funding needed to overhaul the side after all those contracts expire.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Wilder has been exposed as a fraud who got lucky by downloading a decent tactic for Football Manager and applying it to a team in real life. He didn't have a clue once clubs figured out how to counter it and just kept sticking with it.

I guess Wilder will be the 1st manager to get us relegated from the Prem twice? At least we'll go down swinging like the 20/21 season...

Sarcasm aside, he's a decent championship manager, I just hope he gets the funding needed to overhaul the side after all those contracts expire.

The talk will be of unfinished bussiness.. Should it happen.

NDA presumably?

After a slow start following the covid shutdown we'd actually just beaten Spurs,Wolves and Chelsea (and behind closed doors as well). So the interview after the 2-0 defeat at Leicester after that didn't seem right to me. That was the "they're not very bright till it comes to asking for new contracts, all L1 players etc etc" one. All seemed to go to shit after that, we lost the last 2 games of that season and then we had the disastrous season which saw him leave.

I’m a bit ambivalent about that to be honest. It was pressure of Covid and it told on all of us. Even then our performances were better than they have been this season.

So you're telling me you're a WUM then 😂 fine by me, u can't have been lurking as a closet pig since 2015 can you? Describing them as (full name) was a bit of an own goal if you've been here so long, never mind abusing a legend (regardless of recent feelings he is one) or saying you'll be going to watch them..

BTW, I have some pending news on the rust bucket, can't say owt till the structural repoprts come back, but that place could be houses in 2 years time, so if you are going to watch them instead, you'd better get your skates on.

UTB..

Come on, let us know. Is it linked to the recent news of the why some schools and the o2 have been shut down?

Come on, let us know. Is it linked to the recent news of the why some schools and the o2 have been shut down?

Asbestos, my mates company is doing the assessment, says its in all 4 stands, and some stands or all of it might have to be demolished.

Can't see them rebuilding on the site, and possibly why daddy bought the leasehold when he bought the ground..

I’m on the fence a bit with this. On one hand, I like Hecky and he really did get us out of the shit. He’s also been dealt a shit pre-season to contend.

However, we have 1 point and overall, our performances and fight has been awful. I don’t see how this really changes, especially if we end up losing today and next Saturday. Where do we go from there?

We need a massive lift and Wilder would of course excite many fans, myself included, but does come with a lot of question marks due to how he left. If he does come back, I hope he has learnt from his mistakes and isn’t so rigid in his approach when/if things go wrong. This cost us last time and it’s been costing us this season with Hecky, too.

So the stories are we lose v Arsenal and taxi for Hecky, which brings back the Chris Wilder who promoted us twice in three seasons and built an 11 to finish 9th in the top tier of English football. Some say yes, but from what I’ve seen a large chunk of blades don’t want him back. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but what has shocked me is the disrespect towards CW. You’ve got to remember what he achieved before that horrendous 20/21 campaign and let’s be honest blades, we wouldn’t be where we are right now if it wasn’t for CW/AK and all the rest of his back room staff. If Wilder comes in which I’m sure he will, best of luck and I’m backing him all the way. 2 wins from safety, we need a rocket up these players arses because Wilder loves this club. And let’s be honest, if he keeps us up from this position, he’ll definitely go down as one of our best servants of the club (if he isn’t already)

Good luck Hecky, but from the speculation I feel your times up very soon. Thanks for everything. And if Wilder comes in, let’s get behind him starting from Wolves next Sat

UTB
I think there's a couple of reasons people don't want him back.

1. He left via the back door, despite saying he never would.
2. He demanded a ridiculous payout, a payout that he wasn't entitled to as he wasn't sacked.
3. He's been absolutely dogshit at clubs since he left

I like Wilder. I'd take him back. But no in place of Hecky. If we can find a role for him to work with, and support Hecky, fine.

We g
We're down, It's as simple as that. Sacking Hecky now and hiring Wilder will not change that. However, I know for certain if Wilder is in charge next season in the Championship. We will be fighting for those top two spots for sure and playing attacking football. I couldn't say the same for Hecky.
Didnt we get promoted in 2nd place last year under Hecky?

Wilder showed that when things aren't going well and the chips are down, he doesn't take ownership of the situation or come up with a solution.

He blames those around him, spits the dummy and looks for an exit.

How can he possibly come in at a time like this and be a positive influence?
This, he’ll be thinking “i’ve got a blame free pass for this season” it will all be down to the quality of the squad and injuries. Then, if he doesn’t get squillions to spend in Jan he’s off the hook and we go down. Rinse and repeat in the summer when the better players go elsewhere and others are deemed past it. People have very short memories- his signings were shite and MCB has only just begun to look good - thanks to Hecky.
I predict mid table mediocrity this time next season, dummies being spat out, everyone else to blame and CW exiting again with the big pay off that secures his retirement.
Only a fool would even contemplate bringing him back.

Explain how he disrespected us as a club and fanbase? Because he wanted to leave and left?
Was he really looked upon by board members as a sunday league manager given the Prince kept saying he wanted to keep him on?

I agree if anyone is coming in it's disrespectful to Hecky. And it's not all on hecky either we had a terrible summer of planning 2nd to perhaps Wednesday.

BUT just remember that Wilder got us really going like we haven't seen for many years. He assembled a squad that seemed to be greater than the sum of it's parts and achieved alot within 4 years. His final season was bad, but like we have said it was a perfect cocktail of covid (no crowds) some poor transfers overall, loss of JOC and I think something was up with the fitness of the squad in general that season or basically post covid as we didn't look the same after the restart either.
Don't disrespect what Wilder did for us too, just like you shouldn't Warnock or Bassett.
So, if hes such a footballing genius, how do you explain his total failure since he left - Boro had everything a manager in the Championship could ask for?

I’m on the fence a bit with this. On one hand, I like Hecky and he really did get us out of the shit. He’s also been dealt a shit pre-season to contend.

However, we have 1 point and overall, our performances and fight has been awful. I don’t see how this really changes, especially if we end up losing today and next Saturday. Where do we go from there?

We need a massive lift and Wilder would of course excite many fans, myself included, but does come with a lot of question marks due to how he left. If he does come back, I hope he has learnt from his mistakes and isn’t so rigid in his approach when/if things go wrong. This cost us last time and it’s been costing us this season with Hecky, too.

To my mind it should be a job until the end of the season. If there’s marked improvement we can consider a longer deal then. If not, do we look to someone fresh for a rebuild?

He confirmed he resigned when interviewed on Five Live. I think it was on The Monday Night Club.
Maybe so, but, we dont know the circumstances, we dont know what happened, we only know what were told.
I've resigned from jobs before, but for reasons, and received compensation because I agreed to go.
Non of us know the true story if it differs, but it seems strange that he would be coming back if there are underlying issues, and for the same to happen again??

What great preparation for the Manager and his team tomorrow eh

Not a fan of his but PH deserves better than this
Yes we need change but Wilder Warnock Billy Micky Adams x3 what a ducking joke we are with a big village mentality

Ok choice for change is limited and it’s needed desperately even if it’s to get 12 points in the next six months

Whose going to take a job with half the team crocked no money to invest in players an owner who wants out but wont sell for a sensible price
I think there's a couple of reasons people don't want him back.

1. He left via the back door, despite saying he never would.
2. He demanded a ridiculous payout, a payout that he wasn't entitled to as he wasn't sacked.
3. He's been absolutely dogshit at clubs since he left

I like Wilder. I'd take him back. But no in place of Hecky. If we can find a role for him to work with, and support Hecky, fine.
also that second season in the PL showed his lack of self responsibility and the ability to change and have a plan B and don’t forget his public player slating - that would be interesting after a 8-0 drubbing at home

Like many others, I don’t like the way this is being handled. It’s extremely disrespectful to Hecky. But…. I do think we need a change of manager to have any faint hope of staying up.

Wilder fucked up, both tactically and emotionally. But haven’t we all to varying degrees in life? It’s about learning, demonstrating remorse and showing a willingness to change. Chris also gave us some unforgettable times.

If Wilder does come back, first and foremost he owes us a major apology, he needs to show some humbleness and a willingness to try a new style of play. I don’t believe he’s welded to 3-5-2 as some do.

And we as fans, need to put our dummies back in and get behind him and the players. The primary objective is to stay up. At least we’d have a slim but fighting chance with Wilder and Knill, which is a damn sight more than we have right now.

Stay up? We showed signs against MU of hope for 45 mins, Prince has decided that could risk our target of relegation and new manager needed to get relegation back on track!
A win today seals his fate !

I hope we can fluke a win and Hecky gets a stay of execution Out of work Wilder’s been absolute dog shit since his one good season in the prem.No other fucker wants him,I Would honestly rather give it to Nick Montgomery or even Billy Sharp.But if it is to be Wilder I will support the twat 100%

Unless Hecky is to stay and has been consulted in the process with Wilder then I find the meetings coming out with Wilder and the Prince as disrespectful to Hecky. I thought Hecky and Wilder were supposed to be friends anyway, it's al very odd and I just don't see how anyone would do better than Hecky given the current team. If Hecky resigned then I wouldn't be against Wilder coming back, much less keen if Hecky is sacked. To think we could have spent that money sacking Hecky, McCall and maybe Lester on striker back up is very annoying because that's what we needed in the summer rather than relying on a poor mans Adrian Littlejohn in Brewster for cover.

If Hecky stays in some capacity that would be more of a comfort but I can't see him wanting to do that and I'm sure other clubs would come calling pretty quick from the Championship.

…..If Wilder comes in which I’m sure he will, best of luck and I’m backing him all the way. 2 wins from safety, we need a rocket up these players arses because Wilder loves this club. And let’s be honest, if he keeps us up from this position, he’ll definitely go down as one of our best servants of the club (if he isn’t already)

Good luck Hecky, but from the speculation I feel your times up very soon. Thanks for everything. And if Wilder comes in, let’s get behind him starting from Wolves next Sat

UTB
Aye
Because Wilders “rocket” worked so well in 20-21, & @ Boro, & @ Watford
Didn’t (doesn’t) Mickey Adams “love this club” too?

So Heck'y got a four & a half tear contract that the owner is now going to renege on ?

If there's going to be a change (and I still have doubts, even though it's all over social media),
Then I think it's something Heck'y has agreed to, I really don't think our owner reneges on deals despite what some fans might think of him,
nor does he allow things to come out of the club without his permission, information wise the club is as tight as a ducks arse.
The next few days will be interesting whatever the outcome (and there's only one outcome) at Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom