Wilder Back - Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes or No ?

• Total voters

The big question is, who’s going to be most annoying now on Twitter, Darren Smith or Wit?
No there's the real meat in this sandwich! There's another poll right there!!

Who's going to take the mantle of moat insufferable, know it all, gammon on Sheff Uts twitter - the dodgy accounted or the estate agent...

Yep. Get him back

And support him from the off. It's the only chance we'll have

It's within his power to be successful again if he approaches it the right way

Seems that if Wilder comes back, he will divide opinions somewhat.

So vote away. If Wilder is re-appointed, where do you sit?

You only have to think back to the Danny Wilson appointment.
The fanbase was split, with a few saying he would never be accepted.
I even remember many saying they'd never step foot in Bramall Lane again and crowds would be really low.

Hate to say it but history shows time and time again, most football fans are incredibly fickle.
Wilson turned out to be a likeable, very decent bloke and we played some very entertaining, attacking football under Wilson.
So he quickly became accepted and (say it quietly) well liked.

Regards Wilder, no doubt he'll be making his Churchillian speeches about "when we make Bramall Lane hostile we can win every game"
and "I can't guarantee results but I can guarantee performances, where every player gives their best and we try to win".

When performances quickly improve and we start picking up (or threatening to pick up) points, the whole mood will change.

Seems that if Wilder comes back, he will divide opinions somewhat.

So vote away. If Wilder is re-appointed, where do you sit?
A qualifies yes from me.

I'm a bit depressed that the club (and fans to a degree) seems to be unable to stretch their thinking outside of a very narrow set of options.

On the other hand, it was a very entertaining ride from mid table League 1 to top half of the premier league.

The fact that the wheels then fell off is the downside of course

I even remember many saying they'd never step foot in Bramall Lane again and crowds would be really low.

History shows time and time again, fans are incredibly flickle.
We played some very entertaining, attacking football under Wilson.

Regards Wilder, no doubt he'll be making his Churchillian speeches about "when we make Bramall Lane hostile we can win every game"
and "I can't guarantee results but I can guarantee performances, where every player gives their best and we try to win".

When performances quickly improve and we start picking up (or threatening to pick up) points, the whole mood will change.
Crowd needs to get behind whoever it is.
We've been flat all season

If performances turn around, people will soon come around. I'd be quite chipper about him coming back, confident well see a difference on the pitch.

Then in the summer, see what's what.

We have an issue where the entire club is setup to play Wilderball. A new manager will not have enough time to implement a new way of playing with the exisiting players that we have (see Slav experiment) - Wilder is the obvious replacement for this season.

It's nailed on that we still go down, but we need to go down fighting and with some belief that we can go again next year with some momentum.

As fans all we want to see is the team giving a flying fk and giving it a proper go - that's all we ask.

If any of the current crop aren't trying then Wilder is a big enough character to bin them off into the U23s - he won't shy away from the big decisions. Something had to change and we cannot change the playing staff so the management takes the hit.

I've voted yes for Wilder, but for this season as I don't see a viable alternative until the summer.

I'd he brings that twat Lundstram back then he can get to fuck.

I am a believer in "Never go back". Think I will make this an exception this time.
I with you on that Pete. I maybe wrong but I think under Wilder only one club ever put 4 goals past United in a League game (4-1 defeat at Chelsea in the shit year). We've had more than that three times already this season.

History shows time and time again, fans are incredibly flickle.
We played some very entertaining, attacking football under Wilson.

I always felt Danny Wilson never got the respect that he deserved, he was a good manager who played exciting attacking football. In that first season you'd come to the Lane expecting us to batter teams and we did. We had goal threats everywhere. Ched was on fire. Williamson could bang them in from midfield consistently, Quinn got 22 assists in one season, Lowton got 6 from right back, Kevin McDonald was awesome in the middle and we had the flapping donkey Simonsen between the posts for crying out loud.

We only lost 20 games in the 106 that he was in charge of. That's 86 games where we picked up points and he won 51% of his matches. Albeit it was League One, but he was arguably one of our best managers ever and lost his job through McCabe's lunacy in trying to replicate what the snort beasts did the season before, which massively backfired, even though we were in a play off spot when McCabe sacked him.

The fans remained divided throughout his time and still do now, and yet he conducted himself professionally and with dignity knowing that half the crowd were on his back all the time. I enjoyed his video on the Sheffield United Way, he came across as a great bloke.

If he comes back im just thankful as no manager with any experience would take this job.

I with you on that Pete. I maybe wrong but I think under Wilder only one club ever put 4 goals past United in a League game (4-1 defeat at Chelsea in the shit year). We've had more than that three times already this season.
Walsall beat us 4-1 too

Without a new owner, we are not going to get a better manager in than Chris Wilder. Nowt to lose from this position.

If it works out, great. Maybe he can still be our Alex Ferguson.

If it doesn't work out, at least we'll all finally be able to agree that he'd taken us as far as he could, and it'll put one of the more toxic long-running arguments on here to rest.
More like Darren Ferguson

Southend came very close :)

I'm all for it. Particularly if he sends Thomas back in January, tells Archer to tackle or he's dropped & makes Harmer do extra ball control & passing practise UTB ⚔️

I can understand the disagreement for him coming back. I can understand the agreement too. Right now we are in a shit show. Hes the best option we can get that can get us fighting and get some pride back into this club. It can't be any worse than it is now.

Tbh it’s come to the point we’re I’d take anyone over PH right now. Some of the other names branded won’t want to come to a championship bound club, I’d say Wilder is the best we could expect, could use his love for the club to install pride in to the players as they look as flat as a witches tit.

Wouldn't be my choice I remember how we were in this position last time he was manager and the refusal to try anything different and kept playing downed tools Lundstram. So I have little confidence in any improvement but I live in hope.

Perfect for the bad situation we are in.
Hecky ain't a manager , he's a coach .
Managers kick ass and get the best out of under performing players .
Right man at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom