Wilder Back - Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes or No ?

• Total voters
I'm not averse to Wilder coming back and whoever comes in is not going to make any difference to the fact we are going down.

What I don't understand is why he's coming back when he's coming back into almost the identical situation to when he left and furthermore was the reason he apparently wanted to go and offered his resignation several times. I assume that with £4m in his back farah makes it a little easier to live with?

Should be interesting if nothing else.
Were probably the only ones whats offered him a job, let's face it he's not been head hunted by anybody since Watford got rid.

I'm not averse to Wilder coming back and whoever comes in is not going to make any difference to the fact we are going down.

What I don't understand is why he's coming back when he's coming back into almost the identical situation to when he left and furthermore was the reason he apparently wanted to go and offered his resignation several times. I assume that with £4m in his back farah makes it a little easier to live with?

Should be interesting if nothing else.
Some people (even football managers) have the ability to reflect on past decisions and realise that maybe they could have handled things differently.
And sometimes (rarely) they get the chance to try again.

No choice but to get behind him.

Have serious concerns on a number of fronts though and the pro's seem to just be the usual boring basic stuff (pashun, Blade etc).

Not the type to cut my nose off to spite myself so just got to hope all my misgivings end up being unfounded.

But would it be a bad thing if he called out the board?
I don't think it would be a bad thing, I just think it would be pointless and cause unnecessary friction. The owner has been pretty clear that he doesn't have any funds to invest and is actively wanting to sell, so it needs to be made clear to Wilder that he ain't getting much backing and no amount of whinging in interviews will change that.

He’s really got to hit the ground running I think. He’s already dividing opinion and he’s likely to have the thinnest of rope with a lot of fans if he doesnt inject a rapid improvement in performances.

I’d just like us to be competitive which we were under Wilder even in the covid season. He needs to get us more defensively sound, which I do think is possible and he needs to get us further up the pitch.

I actually think he’s got better attacking players than he did last time. Hamer can carry the ball forward and Archer will finish if we create chances. We’re only 4 points off safety and if I think back to the Wilder of old, we have a chance of staying up.

We’re rapidly running out of time to keep in touch. Our last 2 results mean we are seriously likely to be cut adrift by Christmas. While Wilder might not be ideal, he’s probably not a bad choice to try and plug a few gaps and at least get us competing in games. If he can do that as a minimum he’s an improvement, he does seriously need the results to follow though, given how much he will divide opinion.
Maybe only 4pts adrift, but look at the fixtures coming up.

I don't think it would be a bad thing, I just think it would be pointless and cause unnecessary friction. The owner has been pretty clear that he doesn't have any funds to invest and is actively wanting to sell, so it needs to be made clear to Wilder that he ain't getting much backing and no amount of whinging in interviews will change that.

He won't be whinging, it's only a 18 month contract,
it's his last chance at the big time and he'll be so motivated the players won't know what's hit them.

He's basically coming back on trial. If he performs well, he'll get a contract extension, if he struggles, he'll be out and we can start afresh in the Championship probably with an up and coming manager from league 1.

We have everything to gain and nothing to lose. We want friction, the whole club needs an instant shake up.

Nope, I mean on social media, forums etc. But yes, by all means mate, by your overreacting to my message, I exclude you from being someone who may tend to overreact 👍🏼
I think you're confusing reaction with overreaction👍

I didn’t want him back a couple of months back when it was first suggested, but it’s a yes now. We are completely useless under Heckingbottom and I can’t see anyone who is half decent wanting to take over.

I’ll give Wilder a chance but do think our line up will be the same and we will still get battered.

You know all managers get paid off when they leave before their contract is up yeah?

Didn't the Prince specifically state in his interview that they told Wilder he would NOT be getting £4m if he decided to leave?

It's like taking back the ex wife that walked out on you. It rarely works out again. Also, what Chris did for us was some achievement, even if it did eventually go tits up.

So I'm undecided but still 100% behind him.

The way he walked I wanted him nowhere near the club, but as it stands I don’t really think there’s anyone else given the circs that could do anything with us, so I’ve voted yes, 18 months is sufficient, if he can work another miracle and keep us up then he’ll repair some of the damage he did when he left. But he’s got to work so hard to do that, let’s see if he can get them fighting and a set way of working.

It’s a near impossible task with this group of players. Reshaping a PL team mid-season is incredibly difficult with money. Without it…

It’s a near impossible task with this group of players. Reshaping a PL team mid-season is incredibly difficult with money. Without it…
He needs to take the mogadons and beta blockers off the squad members who obviously have been using them..that'll speed us up

You only have to look at the poll standings to see how split the opinion is on this one.

I'm in the no camp as I firmly believe, despite the incredible achievements at the front end of his time at the Lane, that Wilder won't replicate or repeat that level of success.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but just don't see this working out at all.

You only have to look at the poll standings to see how split the opinion is on this one.

I'm in the no camp as I firmly believe, despite the incredible achievements at the front end of his time at the Lane, that Wilder won't replicate or repeat that level of success.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but just don't see this working out at all.
Why does he have to replicate the level of success before?

Half of that success will be more than enough.

No one knows the terms applied to Wider or any other new manager. Will he get any funds in JTW, will he be allowed to sell players, will he be allowed to clear out dead wood?

It’s a great opportunity because no one expects us to stay up, and there atre only a few players he could hang his hat on to rebuild that dressing room motivation.

Lose Egan, Norwood, Fleck and Basham. Make Baldock skipper, and keep Hamer, Trusty, Anel, JLT and Archer to build the team around.

GLTTL

All I want and expect is after the JTW he can get enough fresh blood in so even if we still go down we can be happy with the effort and pride in wearing the shirt ....2 wins and a draw stops us taking Derbys shittiest prem team ever crown.....but if we can get up around 30 points that would be a success 38 a miracle.. you don't mind losing if you feel hard done by, and there's a desire to compete

Back
Top Bottom