Why aren’t we rich?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I mean, we've read about the scab who feared for his life whilst goading players.. literally sold his story to the sun. Can't show yourself up more than that really. Whopper. 😂

I was scared for my life along with the other thousands of fellow Forest fans that illegally invaded the pitch. It was that Sheffield United player on crutches minding his own business who was the most dangerous.

😆 😆 😆

And some mouth breathers on here wonder why you aren't spending loads 😆 brilliant.

You've got £40m worth of "strikers" who spend more time in nick than celebrating scoring a goal. That might be an issue 😆
qc1waqAag4tZC.gif

I was scared for my life along with the other thousands of fellow Forest fans that illegally invaded the pitch. It was that Sheffield United player on crutches minding his own business who was the most dangerous.
I was scared for my life whilst at the game, so whilst I encroached the pitch (illegally, but we'll not talk about that) I ran and headbutted Billy sharp whilst running for my life. #fearedformylife

I mean, we've read about the scab who feared for his life whilst goading players.. literally sold his story to the sun. Can't show yourself up more than that really. Whopper. 😂
I live out by Nottingham and know loads of forest, all sound lads and not met one who thinks brewster or mcburnie should be charged with fuck all. They all agree that muppet who got Billy is a cunt and most have donated to the charity.

Iv never considered forest a rival only ever an opponent can't lie and say all.this hasn't left a sour taste in my mouth but such is football.

Whether this clown is forest or Wednesday is unclear but what's certain is he's a sad jobless dosser trolling football forums and playing with his little todger

Money can only be spent once. The ground, training, academy, hotel and total properties were not optional. They were the remit insisted on by the court judgement.
At the same time, we could invest in players to keep us in the prem, or on infrastructure. First season was good and led the fans and the Prince to believe we could do more under Wilder.
The plan was initially to buy players who might do well in the prem, but we could still afford to keep them if relegated. (McBurnie didn’t quite work out)
The club maintained a wage ceiling, up to a point. Whoever made the decision that we could not afford big wages in the championship, probably saved the club, or cost us our prem status?
Saddled with the buy back of assets, we were never going to do much in the prem. Wilders initial success, and a 9th place finish, cost us our future and him a job.

The game is not predictable and that’s why we love it so much. The pragmatism or parsimony, naivety of the Prince cost us our future. Who knows what might have happened if he gave Wilder his way?
No one knows. We won’t go bust, but we won’t get relegated. We can’t afford either option.

Great post and much more sensible/ realistic than some of the other posts.

I've often thought about starting a post called "what lessons have been learnt from our time the PL"
regards if you were in charge what would you have done differently.

I remember at the time most Blades were praising the club's policy of buying the best young players from the Championship.
Those who have performed at a high standard and been impressive in that division but should improve and develop further giving us high sell on values.

In fact I remember a few Blades complaining that the club should stop being tight, offer £30 million for Brewster because he'll be worth 50 million in 2 or 3 years. I also remember many saying what ever wages Brewster's agent wants......stop being tight and just pay it.

I even remember many posts saying we won't buy Brewster because we're not ambitious enough.
Also heard the same comments about we won't but Berge because we're not ambitious enough.

At the end of the day it's irrelevant what the owners do. There's a simple formula.
Earn promotion and/or stay up in the PL = "Great owner, one of the best"
Fail to gain promotion or be relegated from the PL = "Terrible owner, one of the worse"

Part of the issue now is that the Prince has had his excitement with SU
and is now looking to sell, so naturally he's hardly going to take big risks with his own money.

Forest have just released the first in a series of PL Return car stickers.

9B438546-0A37-45F3-A42C-3446A6B8C55B.png

Well. If this racist cunt doesn’t spur the Prince into spending..

FFS I just had a quick look at your transfer activity for a few years. Brewster for £23m, Burke for £5.5m, Mousset for £10m, Moonboot McBurnie for £17m!! 😆

Then Robinson for £7m, Freeman for 5m. Ridiculous. No wonder you're skint. Do you actually negotiate with a club or just pay the first price you're quoted?
You won’t get me defending our transfer dealings but there is an element of ‘this is the Prem’.

You’ve just paid 17.5m on a guy who hasn’t kicked a ball in English senior football. He’s coming off the back of a reasonable season, though only 31 matches, for Union Berlin. He could be your McBurnie. You could be paying 3x what we paid for Callum Robinson and getting a Callum Robinson.

You’re about to be coerced into paying 15m for Liverpool’s third choice left back which doesn’t compare any worse to us paying 23m for Brewster; we know strikers cost more.

You’re also getting Henderson. Kudos. But he was on about 40k per week when we borrowed him. He’s now on 5m+ per year by all accounts excluding whatever loan fee Man U want.

That still leaves you short 3 outfield players to get to the same side they took you up, never mind Premier League ready, and you’ll have already spent 32m in the process. You could argue the guy you bring in at right back is also a downgrade on Spence.

Harsh realities.

You won’t get me defending our transfer dealings but there is an element of ‘this is the Prem’.

You’ve just paid 17.5m on a guy who hasn’t kicked a ball in English senior football. He’s coming off the back of a reasonable season, though only 31 matches, for Union Berlin. He could be your McBurnie. You could be paying 3x what we paid for Callum Robinson and getting a Callum Robinson.

You’re about to be coerced into paying 15m for Liverpool’s third choice left back which doesn’t compare any worse to us paying 23m for Brewster; we know strikers cost more.

You’re also getting Henderson. Kudos. But he was on about 40k per week when we borrowed him. He’s now on 5m+ per year by all accounts excluding whatever loan fee Man U want.

That still leaves you short 3 outfield players to get to the same side they took you up, never mind Premier League ready, and you’ll have already spent 32m in the process. You could argue the guy you bring in at right back is also a downgrade on Spence.

Harsh realities.
Ignore the cunt CB. Forest have had 5 minutes off being a basket case after 20 years of being hilarious. In their biggest home game in all that time they fell apart against a team with no strikers and couldn't cope with George Baldock.

They'll be back, much poorer next season.

This is where we really messed up, imo. Paying vastly over the odds for players due to a myopic manager.

The amount we paid for Brewster, is laughable. It's was like we were a top 4 club spending our billionaire owner's pocket change for 'one for the future' who we then played straight away. Must be one of the most over-valued purchases of all time.

I do wonder why some fans equate having £100 million of tv money as then £100 million to spend on players.

I think it was very telling how many established Premier League clubs we outspent over that time. Ones who already had top class facilities and years of big money. Ones with wealthy owners.
This is what I continue to find so head scratching. With a Blade as manager you’d have thought there would be no better chance to put a legacy in place and build for the future of the club.

It seemed Chris liked the idea of spending big, but it wasn’t always necessary and how many big deals came off at the time?

Was sidelining Sharp so easily worth that 20m on McBurnie?

Tactically if he’d decided to go with a flat 3 with Lundstram in there did he really need 5m on Freeman? In a what was to become a reduced role of no 10, could he not have just made things work with Duffy for 12 months? Wind forward 12 months and he wasn’t showing Lundstram the door.

If he wasn’t going for a front 3 either, why did we sign Robinson for 6 or 7m? Why swap him for Burke, a winger, only to play him as a centre forward?

Had anyone seen Ampadu play? He was nothing special at all and he’s just helped relegate another team, this time Venezia!

Though we made a profit in the end, did we need to lavish 18m on Ramsdale when there would have been plenty of loan options.

Did we even need Berge? It upset Lundstram him coming. It became clear he wasn’t going to replace Norwood in the role he was playing. We now seem to have found his best position, possibly more by look than judgement as a no 10 or right sided forward player.

I’m not saying we don’t sign anyone but this a lot of misspent money as well as wages.

It seemed Chris liked the idea of spending big, but it wasn’t always necessary and how many big deals came off at the time?
I don't think it was that to be honest, I think once he set his mind of getting someone he had to have them, regardless of the cost. We got properly shafted in terms of fees with our business while in the EPL.

Wilders transfer decisions and towards the end his overall managerial decisions were ruled by his arrogant brinksmanship and wanting to prove to the owners that he knew better. Unfortunately history confirms that he clearly did not. As a football man when in his initial term he succeeded as a businessman his ego only suited Chris Wilder

I don't think it was that to be honest, I think once he set his mind of getting someone he had to have them, regardless of the cost. We got properly shafted in terms of fees with our business while in the EPL.
Let's say I think he was happy to act like a Prem manager and wanted to show he was prepared to pay big fees and not scratch around. He was happy to spend decent fees just he didn't spent them well. It's like he'd forgotten his mantra of 'not tipping up the owner' and forgot that he was the Sheff Utd manager formerly of Halifax, not some Charlie Big Potatoes he'd suddenly become when he lost the plot. Maybe he's changed back now. Who knows?

But I also do take your point. I reckon there was something in PA saying he would come with just one player he wanted i.e. he wanted Ramsdale rather than saying here's my list, I prefer Ramsdale but you can let it be known we'll also consider loaning Romero from Man U or going to QPR for Dieng. Something like that.

As you say, seems it was go after Ramsdale until we got Ramsdale.

I'm still surprised we made money on him even. He was very average up until Christmas. A lot of recency bias on his performance Jan onwards and the fact stars aligned with Pope and Hendo injured for the Euros and him being tagged to the England squad.

I suppose one man's single minded is another man's inflexible!

Last edited:
What a fucking tool
Let himself down there. Absolutely got nothing to do with it, his religion.

Wilder spent in excess of 110m. 20m+ of that just walked out the door for nothing. Most of the rest has depreciated in value, some to the extent it will also have zero return, McBurnie being the worst, most likely.

Would be a good place to start when wondering wiz muneh gone.

Perhaps, putting aside COVID, most football clubs haven't got a pot to piss in.
The only reason why most clubs are still going is the fact that it keeps a lot of people happy.

The so called people's game.

How many premier League clubs are in profit at the end of each season, question for the stattos on here.
Shouldn't worry about it anyway, more concerning things happening now, give your loved ones a hug and a cuddle everyday.

Back
Top Bottom