Why aren’t we rich?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Money can only be spent once. The ground, training, academy, hotel and total properties were not optional. They were the remit insisted on by the court judgement.
At the same time, we could invest in players to keep us in the prem, or on infrastructure. First season was good and led the fans and the Prince to believe we could do more under Wilder.
The plan was initially to buy players who might do well in the prem, but we could still afford to keep them if relegated. (McBurnie didn’t quite work out)
The club maintained a wage ceiling, up to a point. Whoever made the decision that we could not afford big wages in the championship, probably saved the club, or cost us our prem status?
Saddled with the buy back of assets, we were never going to do much in the prem. Wilders initial success, and a 9th place finish, cost us our future and him a job.

The game is not predictable and that’s why we love it so much. The pragmatism or parsimony, naivety of the Prince cost us our future. Who knows what might have happened if he gave Wilder his way?
No one knows. We won’t go bust, but we won’t get relegated. We can’t afford either option.

West Brom owners have ambition, ours don’t
Eh??!!

Every owner has ambition mate - anyone who owns a football club has to have a great deal of ambition to elevate themselves to that level

Whether they have the personal wealth to realise that ambition is a different matter

It’s all relative - Mike Ashley is a very shrewd ambitious individual, but doesn’t have the wealth to complete with the Yanks and Arabs so sells up

Big difference between the 2

You clearly don’t understand the difference between profit and cash flow when it comes to “spending”. Experts on her seldom do.
Sean Thornton, how did you manage to use my keyboard whilst writing this?

I don’t know where the myth comes from that we have spent beyond our means ? Under his ownership / part ownership we’ve only spent the money that we’ve generated .
The money spent during his first season was the cash generated from the FA Cup run the previous season . In Wilders L1 promotion season he had to sell Ramsdale & Adams to to finance the sighnings . As said in the OP our only significant layout in tbe Championship was £6M on Egan & Norwood which would have easily been covered by the increase in revenue & in the PL again we’ve just spent again the increased revenue from the PL in fact we got relegated with a £9M profit .
We’ve bought no one in 3 transfer windows despite selling Ramsdale for £24M last season & are still receiving parachute payments ??
We’re not exactly Leeds under Ridsdale are we ?
I thought when the prince was brought in as co owner the arrangement was McCabe was gonna write off a significant amount of his loans to the club & in return the Prince would invest .
In the 7 years or so he’s been here I can’t see any outlay that the team / club didn’t generate themselves ?
The lack of of ambition in palpable and yet again with the season a month away no investment or signings & all the bulkshit of quality not quantity we’re been spinned . Forgive if I’m wrong arent these top quality players that have run down their contacts going to sign for the clubs paying the wages .. that’s not us . I wouldn’t be surprised if Berge ends up at Leeds with Philips moving , and I’ll bet you a pound to pinch of shit the money from it will go straight into an Arab bank account. Hasn’t done too bad for his £1 has he ? Fell very lucky with manager that got us promoted on a shoestring, the sooner he and his cronies fuck the better for me as we are going in one direction without investment and an ageing squad . ⚔️

DDEF5647-5212-4A53-808D-312812567AFD.gif
I think we're all indebted to JSWT for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particulary glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age

That is the entire purpose of parachute payments
Exactly. The parachute payments are there to cover the wages and debts carried over from the PL. They don't want uncompetitive teams. They don't guarantee promotion by having huge Championship budgets to buy players

FFS I just had a quick look at your transfer activity for a few years. Brewster for £23m, Burke for £5.5m, Mousset for £10m, Moonboot McBurnie for £17m!! 😆

Then Robinson for £7m, Freeman for 5m. Ridiculous. No wonder you're skint. Do you actually negotiate with a club or just pay the first price you're quoted?
Can't argue with any of the above, also don't forget 3/4 mill on little Ben Osborn.
It's why Mr Wilder has gone from hero to zero with most Blades

Let me first preface this by clarifying that I am genuinely asking the questions in this post. It is not a dig at the board or at Wilder for his signings or whatever. I am also a simpleton when it comes to finances So all queries are genuine.

It is just something that I have always nodded along with and pretended to understand but must now admit to not understanding at all: I why are we not rich after two seasons in the Prem? In my mind we are told about the top league being a money pit (ie the play off final being the £100 million pound game) but we seem absolutely fucked financially post-prem. so I thought is this the same for all teams and it doesn’t seem to be - West Brom seem quite capable of spending money whereas we appear broke. Even last time we got relegated was followed by a couple of years of (largely badly spent) wealth- Hendrie, Sharp, Henderson, Cotterill, Speed etc brought in) but this is clealry not the case this time. I’m fact, our finances seem to be somehow worse after the Premier league than before. We spent around £2 million on Norwood and £4 million on Egan before and seemed to be able to be competitive. I just don’t understand - and there is a good chance I’m just being a fuckwit but my confusion is genuine. Is it the signings in the prem that fucked us over financially (again, not a sly dig at Wilder)? That’s all I can fathom. Please help the financially incapable cos I don’t comprehend!
johnny has five shiny new pennies
he realises he cant ask out the girl of his dreams on this
then he wins 100 pounds at the bingo
so he asks her out

she tells him to do one
he realises he needs much more money to walk in those circles so becomes a bank robber

the end

The gulf between the PL and other leagues in revenue terms is just enormous and getting wider. Even with the parachute payments it's a huge adjustment in the cost base needed to adjust to our new reality (drop off is most visible in season 3 post relegation).

20220626_160129.jpg

View attachment 138087
I think we're all indebted to JSWT for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particulary glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age

The Sheriffs an Ar……..

I don’t think it’s about bring rich or not rich. More about recruiting properly. We just didn’t get it right.

I don’t know where the myth comes from that we have spent beyond our means ? Under his ownership / part ownership we’ve only spent the money that we’ve generated .
The money spent during his first season was the cash generated from the FA Cup run the previous season . In Wilders L1 promotion season he had to sell Ramsdale & Adams to to finance the sighnings . As said in the OP our only significant layout in tbe Championship was £6M on Egan & Norwood which would have easily been covered by the increase in revenue & in the PL again we’ve just spent again the increased revenue from the PL in fact we got relegated with a £9M profit .
We’ve bought no one in 3 transfer windows despite selling Ramsdale for £24M last season & are still receiving parachute payments ??
We’re not exactly Leeds under Ridsdale are we ?
I thought when the prince was brought in as co owner the arrangement was McCabe was gonna write off a significant amount of his loans to the club & in return the Prince would invest .
In the 7 years or so he’s been here I can’t see any outlay that the team / club didn’t generate themselves ?
The lack of of ambition in palpable and yet again with the season a month away no investment or signings & all the bulkshit of quality not quantity we’re been spinned . Forgive if I’m wrong arent these top quality players that have run down their contacts going to sign for the clubs paying the wages .. that’s not us . I wouldn’t be surprised if Berge ends up at Leeds with Philips moving , and I’ll bet you a pound to pinch of shit the money from it will go straight into an Arab bank account. Hasn’t done too bad for his £1 has he ? Fell very lucky with manager that got us promoted on a shoestring, the sooner he and his cronies fuck the better for me as we are going in one direction without investment and an ageing squad . ⚔️
Don’t know how anyone can argue much with this - if so let’s hear it

Don’t know how anyone can argue much with this - if so let’s hear it

Well the money he’s put into the club for shares has gone. Spent over the seasons where the claim is nothing but self generated income was spent. So there’s one argument, and a factual one.

We didn’t have have additional income during the second PL season. Covid and relegation saw to that.

A profit doesn’t mean there was money left over. If people are unwilling or unable to see the difference between cashflow and profit, maybe it’s a point they should stay away from?

Arab Bank account. An insinuation with no proof just thrown out there to pad out a weak argument.

£1. If it wasn’t so pathetic a claim, l’d laugh.

McCabe did write off loans. The Prince invested. Fact.

Berge going, to Leeds or anywhere isn’t some sensational news just out.

Then finally, based on claims that are proved to be false, the coming season is already being written off. Brilliant.

Feel free to offer a rebuttal but let’s not waste time on biased speculation, deliberate misinformation and my mate says bullshit.

It’s all been explained, in detail, by many people, and backed up with the accounts.

Personal I think this is a very good post. We are still in the same if not worse position than when, Mcabe was in charge. At least he had our best interests at heart even with no money. Blade's world is looking more like Wayne's world 🌎

FFS I just had a quick look at your transfer activity for a few years. Brewster for £23m, Burke for £5.5m, Mousset for £10m, Moonboot McBurnie for £17m!! 😆

Then Robinson for £7m, Freeman for 5m. Ridiculous. No wonder you're skint. Do you actually negotiate with a club or just pay the first price you're quoted?
Haven’t you fucked off yet?

But a Forest fan on about transfers? 20 years of utter dross and 35 player squads full of shit. Fuck off

Ever since my dad started taking me to the lane in 1973, we always seemed to have a built in excuse for our perpetual impoverished state. Back then it was the impending construction of the South Stand and in the subsequent years after, it was always accepted as a reason for our demise in the late 70’s and early 80’s.

Fuck off

Nice to know you care…But I hear Steve Cooper is a great admirer of McBurnie and Brewster…So you never know eh?

😆 😆 😆

And some mouth breathers on here wonder why you aren't spending loads 😆 brilliant.

You've got £40m worth of "strikers" who spend more time in nick than celebrating scoring a goal. That might be an issue 😆

Plus another Minus 40 or so million to Mr mcabe

Some would argue staying up after our first season somewhat paid McCabe.

I think if we had the revenue lost during COVID we would have cash in the cofffers for a bit of spending now.

😆 😆 😆

And some mouth breathers on here wonder why you aren't spending loads 😆 brilliant.

You've got £40m worth of "strikers" who spend more time in nick than celebrating scoring a goal. That might be an issue 😆
Anyone else think that this account reeks of pork? I always thought the scabs hated anyone referring to them as Notts. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom