Why are you still going to the games?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

s20Blade

Reaction score
I'll be honest here I'm still going just to see other premier league teams play local. Sheffield might not see Premier league football for some years to come!

I’m only going as I’ve got a season ticket and don’t get to that many games anyway.

To be honest the opposition in this division doesn’t really excite me as there’s not any that I’d consider a rival

Looking forward to Championship again

Had a season ticket for 20 years, last 4-5 not been getting to many games due to covid and then young children but kept the ST to keep the same seat. Hour and a half each way and that along with the clusterfuck that are trains is making it a tough ask. But if we had some direction I’d still pay the money over.

Current thoughts are I’ll not renew next year.

I’m only going as I’ve got a season ticket and don’t get to that many games anyway.

To be honest the opposition in this division doesn’t really excite me as there’s not any that I’d consider a rival

Looking forward to Championship again
Same here mate .wrote this season off some time ago so must admit my interest has subsided some what . What i am looking forward to is the rebuild of the squad and wondering if we will bring in crap or some quality .Also who we let go ,it's a good opportunity for a clean sweep which is much needed . There should be plenty of room on the wage bill for a complete overhaul of the first team and a great chance to blood some young'uns ,add a couple of top loans .Please Utd lets not give our rivals a 5 game start like we have this year .

Had a season ticket for 38 out of the last 40 seasons, the exceptions being 94/95 and 95/96 when we moved to Maidenhead and I gave it up as part of the deal that got my wife to agree to the move down south.

Despite the distance I went to some games in 94/95, more games in 96/96, and got my season ticket back the following season with the added bonus of better seats as our support had dipped following relegation in 1994.

Had the same seats ever since.

I still go because I meet up with my son who lives in Hull so we don't see much of each other elsewhere, and I meet up with fellow Blades, many of whom I've known for 20yrs or more and we enjoy the craic at the pub before the games.

I'm really not all that fussed about the Premier League, and lately it's been a real struggle to motivate myself to get there knowing that we're almost certain to get thrashed , whoever the opposition are, but I expect to make the rest of the home games.

I am already looking forward to being more competitive next season and going to games without knowing the destination of the points before the kick off!

For a long I have been disillusioned with football in general but I love going to my second home at BDTBL, sitting next to my son and my friends. Been a Lane regular between 1970 and 1973, still watched us when I was home from school between 1973 and 1979. Part timer between 1979 and 1988. Regular again since 1988

Been a season ticket holder since '68, first on the kop and from the 80's the south stand. Seem some crap, but had some golden times as well. Lowest point when I broke my hand punching the wooden seats after Don Givens penalty miss 😕, too many highs to list. I'll renew next season, as much for meeting my mates from the 60's and 70's in the Sheafview, enjoying the craic and some beers as well as for the football. Given up on winning a top competition, although the 4th division success was probably my favourite season of all time 👌👍.

What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your fuckin' armchair wankin' off to Pop Idols? Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage? Then go and spunk your wages on kebabs, fruit machines and brasses? Fuck that for a laugh! I know what I'd rather do. Tottenham away, love it!

Having a season ticket is the last thing I’d give upi if things were tight. I was first taken to the lane by my Uncle who is now well into his 80s and I’m not going to miss the chance to share a few more seasons with him. Having my boys with me under Chris wilders first period was priceless and I’m sure they’ll have the same memories long after I’m gone. I understand that people have other commitments and priorities but don’t come crying to me about loyalty points when the good times return ( which they will)

For a long I have been disillusioned with football in general but I love going to my second home at BDTBL, sitting next to my son and my friends. Been a Lane regular between 1970 and 1973, still watched us when I was home from school between 1973 and 1979. Part timer between 1979 and 1988. Regular again since 1988
Similar story for me Silent, first game at the Lane 1970, got taken to only a few games until 75. Most home games 76 to 83 & again 85 to 90. Season ticket 90 to 94, moved away in 2000 & didn’t go much until 3 years ago when I got season tickets for me & my daughter which we will renew. Went to all the Cup semi finals & some playoff finals. Seen some rubbish but also plenty of good stuff, love the place, so many memories & hopefully more to come.

Season ticket holder since God knows when. I have tried to pack it in and failed every time. However I have never in 50 years of going, felt such a lack of connection between myself and football in general. The Prem is a joke in so many ways and the likelyhood that we can compete in it being smaller every season. But when we go back down what have we got to aspire to? Promotion, to a league which has money and very little else. It's certainly not entertaining for the likes of us. It's a painful endurance.

Season ticket holder since God knows when. I have tried to pack it in and failed every time. However I have never in 50 years of going, felt such a lack of connection between myself and football in general. The Prem is a joke in so many ways and the likelyhood that we can compete in it being smaller every season. But when we go back down what have we got to aspire to? Promotion, to a league which has money and very little else. It's certainly not entertaining for the likes of us. It's a painful endurance.
I can see the day when championship clubs are so sick of the embarrassment promotion to the premiership brings that they’ll agree to the top flight being a closed shop as long as those finishing in the promotion places get some of the money playing in the premiership would bring.

What else are you gonna do on a Saturday? Sit in your fuckin' armchair wankin' off to Pop Idols? Then try and avoid your wife's gaze as you struggle to come to terms with your sexless marriage? Then go and spunk your wages on kebabs, fruit machines and brasses? Fuck that for a laugh! I know what I'd rather do. Tottenham away, love it!

It's always good to have a back up plan though in case of postponements and so on.

Been a stopout for a number of years now due to arthritic knees and hips, been to one or two a season, but I’m not going to take someone’s seat by picking games.

I’ve been a Blade since 1959, regular home and away in the 60s and 70s - the answer to the question is that I’ll always be there in spirit if not in this knackered old body.

whats wrong with wanking of to pop idols ?

Back
Top Bottom