The dreaded Premier league next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I am dreading how our squad of limited numbers is going to cope with more games! They miss loads as it is!

New EFL TV deal kicks in next year too doesn't it? We'll be shunted all over as I think it's 5 games on sky each weekend

Hi Stegosaurus here

Saying you prefer the Championship than the Premier League is like saying you'd rather be banging the fat, greasy slapper from the Dog & Duck than the hot, young receptionist at work.

Watch players like Ruben Dias, Rodri and Declan Rice each week or Danny Ward, George Honeyman and Mustapha Bundu

Tricky one ...

I know you’re on the wind up but some people would genuinely argue this point.

Ironic really because unless you’re a child, fawning over getting to see better opposition players batter us is a more small-time mentality than preferring to be competitive in the Championship.

Whilst I get your point.

If all the receptionist at work is going to do is let you take her out for a meal and drinks, let you pay the bill and then fuck off with a better looking bloke with a ripped physique, a better job, a bigger cock and more money while you walk home and wank into your sock.

Then the mucky bird from the Dog and Duck is sending you filthy pics as soon as she’s got your number, you’ve heard she can suck a bowling ball through a straw and when you turn up at hers for the date she answers the door in her birthday suit and leads you upstairs.

You might choose the latter.

Don’t get too too disheartened though my dino buddy, you’ve just got to get ripped, buy a cock pump and get a few promotions at work and you’ll soon be pulling the new model working on reception.
Sounds like you’re speaking from experience?

I’d be happy for a European Super League to go ahead and for the clubs who join it to be permanently cut free by their domestic leagues with no opportunity to return. There would be a lot less money in the domestic game but it would return it to being a much more level playing field.
Exactly my sentiments. The Premier league is a cartel

I think this season has destroyed my love of football a little more.
Last season full of glee at getting promoted.
This season despair.

It would be great if next season we bring through some youth and even if there is no promotion we see evidence that we are rebuilding a team to go for future promotion but also be able to compete in the Premier.

Whilst I get your point.

If all the receptionist at work is going to do is let you take her out for a meal and drinks, let you pay the bill and then fuck off with a better looking bloke with a ripped physique, a better job, a bigger cock and more money while you walk home and wank into your sock.

Then the mucky bird from the Dog and Duck is sending you filthy pics as soon as she’s got your number, you’ve heard she can suck a bowling ball through a straw and when you turn up at hers for the date she answers the door in her birthday suit and leads you upstairs.

You might choose the latter.

Don’t get too too disheartened though my dino buddy, you’ve just got to get ripped, buy a cock pump and get a few promotions at work and you’ll soon be pulling the new model working on reception.
One of my most valuable lessons in life regarding interaction with people of the female persuasion was given to me by somebody I was playing cricket with a very long time ago, I was but a callow youth. He was older than me and his advice was “get ‘em old or get’em ugly. If you get ‘em old they think it’s their last chance, if you get ‘em ugly, they think it’s their only chance” 🙂

One of my most valuable lessons in life regarding interaction with people of the female persuasion was given to me by somebody I was playing cricket with a very long time ago, I was but a callow youth. He was older than me and his advice was “get ‘em old or get’em ugly. If you get ‘em old they think it’s their last chance, if you get ‘em ugly, they think it’s their only chance” 🙂
Reminds me of a beautiful, prosaic quote an old mate of mine used to trot out

"Fat birds are always grateful"

... or better still, old and ugly.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Saying you prefer the Championship than the Premier League is like saying you'd rather be banging the fat, greasy slapper from the Dog & Duck than the hot, young receptionist at work.

Watch players like Ruben Dias, Rodri and Declan Rice each week or Danny Ward, George Honeyman and Mustapha Bundu

Tricky one ...
Give me the slapper any day. I'm here for enjoyment not for the prestige of telling people I'm here. The receptionist isn't actually interested in me and I have to lose a bit of my soul to keep her.

The slapper is just some good honest fun. Your mates with their receptionist pretend they are happy but have to spend LOADS of money and the quality of the enjoyment is not there because of other stuff required. Secretly they are all jealous and when they get with the slapper they all tell you how much better it is. It's rougher, it's dirtier, you can get away with more, and there is a lot more of a chance you'll be banging them in every week.

Love the metaphor but you've got it wrong mate.

Up the slags!

Ticket prices will be higher than the £30 PL cap.. feck knows what the rip off pigs will charge us. Particularly as we will miss first half stuck on a tram somewhere to avoid the windy Wendy wannabes on swillsBorough corner..

Given their current position, they may not get the opportunity...

Staying up is getting more and more difficult, but if we went up again I'd at least expect us to be competitive so I'd be looking forward to it. We can't possibly be as poorly prepared next time.

Can we?

I wouldn’t worry too much about being promoted to the PL again any time soon. My worry is that unless we have a huge clear out, we could well be struggling at the wrong end of the Championship next season. May sound daft but when a group of players are used to being absolutely humiliated most weeks, the losing habit carried on into the next season. Happened to Sunderland. There needs to be a complete rebuild and that will take some time. I do believe that Wilder is the man to do it though.

I wouldn’t worry too much about being promoted to the PL again any time soon. My worry is that unless we have a huge clear out, we could well be struggling at the wrong end of the Championship next season. May sound daft but when a group of players are used to being absolutely humiliated most weeks, the losing habit carried on into the next season. Happened to Sunderland. There needs to be a complete rebuild and that will take some time. I do believe that Wilder is the man to do it though.

We might struggle but not necessarily. The last time (we were in the bottom three under Slav for the first 6 matches or so but then eventually got going a little, then Hecky took us to the Play Off Semi).

As for next season it will mainly depend on what the team is going to look like.

I do fear some people have suddenly decided the Championship is the land of milk & honey when the reality is it’s the land of financial catastrophe.
People want us to be competitive and we've finished in the top half in the last 4 Championship seasons we've played including 2 promotions.

Things will look very different if it's looking like avoiding L1 is the goal

Hi Stegosaurus here

Tricky one ...
Except the hot young receptionist from work wears a strap on and goes deaf when you say your safe word.

The EPL solution is a fairly simple one. Throw money at the problem until it goes away.

The major problem is a lack of quality and consistency with match officials. Pay them a lot more, but make it performance related.

Most matches in EPL have a referee and two assistants. They have a fourth official and they have VAR.
Why put up with amateurs?
It would just be the same people but earning more money wouldn't it? There's not a hoard of amazing referees out there refusing to ref until it goes "professional".

My son said last week that the journey to the top division has always been great but the destination hasnt been good. I agree with that but I have enjoyed being in the top division between 1971-72 and 1974/75, 1990-91 and 1992-93 also 2019-20. My son has enjoyed just one season.

The gritty and muddy stadiums where we can take 5k plus to (Oakwell, Reebok stadium)

The Passionate fanbases of many including Derby, Sunderland and dare I say it…S6

I for one do prefer championship football hands down. I’ve forgotten what it’s like to be competitive to be quite honest! But what is the prize of doing well in a league like this? Promotion to the Premier League again? Is this honestly now seen as an achievement, because to me it seems like a dreaded reward of high ticket prices, non competitive games and VAR. It may seem dramatic, but I see promotion to the Premier League as a punishment for doing so well. So were does this leave everyone? Is it a punishment now? How will people react if (and it’s very possible) that next season we get the right players under CW and go straight back up? To me, shots create goals, goals win games, and winning games is something I love as do the other teams, but what is our ultimate goal? Because celebrating every victory next season will only put us more points closer to the “dreaded premier league”.

So what are we actually enjoying and achieving at this point, because by the looks of it we’re going to be stuck in this little yoyo rut for a few years to come. It can only get worse from here

UTB
Couldn't have put it better, thoroughly depressing.

I do fear some people have suddenly decided the Championship is the land of milk & honey when the reality is it’s the land of financial catastrophe.

I do understand that we will be close to financial collapse within 2 seasons of being in The Championship and that it will be shit trying to avoid relegation to League One but I don't think we will ever be as uncompetitive at that level as we are in The Premier League.

If we were in the Championship 5 seasons or more we'd despise the league but I don't think the weekends would feel as constantly bad as they do now.

Understandable feelings, but there is no point following a team and not wanting them to win. If winning every game (we won’t) wouldn’t make you happy, imagine what losing every game would feel like. The evidence that we will come straight back up is not strong, particularly if the uncertainty over ownership continues. I would rather return to the Premier League than get relegated to League 1. There are worse things than yo-yoing.
I wouldn ' t mind yo-yoing if we were half competitive, not getting dicked by half a dozen goals every other game, know it's a slight exaggeration but ....

I thought the P in PGMOL stood for professional?
To be fair yeah in the top flight and championship they are already "professional" full time refs and the standard is still shite. Which proves my point, throwing money at it doesn't help at all.

Back
Top Bottom