Which RCB do you want to be signed today?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Which RCB do you want to be signed today?

• Godfrey

Votes: 60 35.9%
  • Holgate

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Mepham

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Worrall

Votes: 37 22.2%
  • Souttar

Votes: 44 26.3%

• Total voters

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
With being linked with so many RCBs you'd think one will be signed today..

Godfrey for me in an ideal world.

I voted Souttar.

I think Godfrey, but I don’t see it being practical.

It would seem a potential issue for Everton to have someone who was in their team for the last game, to come to a rival and potentially excel.

Holgate, they don’t want at all, so doubt they have the same reservation.

Worrall, it seems Forest want to sell and unsurprisingly we want to loan.

Mepham has already been a no from Bournemouth.

So, the pragmatist in me just wonders if Souttar at 6’6” comes in and does what it says on the tin.

I didn’t mind him at Stoke and we were linked with his brother not long back and Harry is the better of the two.

Only if he has Dolly and Cissy at either side of him providing the cakes.

Er, have we already done that one...?
This place would fall apart if there was a one gag rule, fish puns are a regular bedrock.

Anyway, I did Dolly (but not Cissy) on 22nd Jan, but I don’t have copyright, feel free.

Everton and Forest need to sell some of their players and are waiting for the best offers but preferably not to a relegation rival.

Everton and Forest need to sell some of their players and are waiting for the best offers but preferably not to a relegation rival.
You'd think it'll come to a point where they realise beggars can't be choosers. Who else will want and can afford their cast-offs?

Is there any point if it’s a loan?
I can understand the reasoning behind the original January plan of bringing in an experienced, proven centre half. But we have picked up less points than we'd hoped, despite the managerial change and some improvement. Gradually coming to terms with it being unlikely we're staying up, it feels like it would be more beneficial to spend money on a long term signing, especially as continuity may be a problem next season with so many out of contract.

David Brekalo from Viking is one such candidate (Blackburn are trying to nick him), jono_t2000 's suggestion of Casper Widell is another. But it may be too late to change the plan now I guess.

we are so shit though are we even relegation rivals?
If Everton get another points deduction and Forest get one then they see us as their relegation rivals. They have noticed that we are now playing better under Wilder. The minimum points deduction is 6 points, the maximum is 12. I think CityInPeace said 6 points plus 1 point for per £5m loss after £105m. Everton's FFP loss for from 2019 to 2022 was £124.5m

What's Shaun Murphy doing these days?
Does it matter who we sign no RCB at a Premier league club is going to come here probably the same applies for RCB's in the Championship why change clubs to end up back where you started. The last few results have made the club toxic no player with any pride will want to come to Sheffield United laughing stock of the Premier league. We might as well start looking at up and coming young stars in the lower leagues or bottom half Championship. A loan for any player now is utterly pointless and will just throw more good money down the drain.

If it's a loan I don't really care.

If it's a permanent signing, Godfrey has ridiculous physical talent and the most potential. But he needs to be put in a really settled situation and surrounded by experience. Needs coaching basically.

If it's purely "who'd do the most to assure promotion next season" it's Worrall

I can understand the reasoning behind the original January plan of bringing in an experienced, proven centre half. But we have picked up less points than we'd hoped, despite the managerial change and some improvement. Gradually coming to terms with it being unlikely we're staying up, it feels like it would be more beneficial to spend money on a long term signing, especially as continuity may be a problem next season with so many out of contract.

David Brekalo from Viking is one such candidate (Blackburn are trying to nick him), jono_t2000 's suggestion of Casper Widell is another. But it may be too late to change the plan now I guess.
Based on where the club appears to be trending, if we have £6m to spend on Worrall then I would much rather look at younger, cheaper options like this and use the rest of the money to strengthen elsewhere

Rather loan to buy a young player who can develop into someone we want on a permanent basis.
loan anyone with no intention of buying is a waste of money.

Soutar shouldn't even be on that list, has made one start for Leicester all season plus 2 subs appearances. For many games he doesn't even make the bench.
Leicester signed him in desperation last January for £15m on a 5 year contract.
Now he can't even get a regular game in the championship. If we could get him on a free transfer I still wouldn't have him.
Some managers know when players they have aren't good enough to make their first team, Luke Thomas and Souttar are two good examples.

With being linked with so many RCBs you'd think one will be signed today..

Godfrey for me in an ideal world.
I'd like a couple of those in an ideal world!

I suspect Godfrey is the most talented, but Worrall probably my first choice as a battling leader to solidify us (and perhaps put a tackle in occasionally!).

I'd like a couple of those in an ideal world!

I suspect Godfrey is the most talented, but Worrall probably my first choice as a battling leader to solidify us (and perhaps put a tackle in occasionally!).
I don't really think/know if we can afford either of these btw.

Would have thought signing a couple of much cheaper top tryers/performers from Champ/L1 might be the better approach. Players we think are good enough for a promotion push.

I'm happy with renewing Egan and Trusty/JLT being 3 (of 4 or 5) first choice CBs. Not exciting - but practical and capable in Championship.

Soutar shouldn't even be on that list, has made one start for Leicester all season plus 2 subs appearances. For many games he doesn't even make the bench.
Leicester signed him in desperation last January for £15m on a 5 year contract.
Now he can't even get a regular game in the championship. If we could get him on a free transfer I still wouldn't have him.
Some managers know when players they have aren't good enough to make their first team, Luke Thomas and Souttar are two good examples.
That's ridiculous. He was great for Stoke, just happens that Leicester have Vestergaard and Faes in the positions Souttar would occupy

Voted Godfrey but would take Worrall and probably Souttar as third option.

No idea.

However Wilder was just on sky and seemed confident someone is coming in

None of the above would be my first choice, Godfrey if gun to head

Back
Top Bottom