Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i must admit to being embarrassed to be a blade, purely for suffering the moaning overload of derogatary threads and wallowing in self pity

we are not the worst team ever , we cannot stink the prem out as it stunk something rotten since its inception
its corrupt and run like an up its own arse "exclusive" golf club full of arrogant wankers who look at us like we have a washing machine and an old mattress in our front garden

was a pleasure to compete in it long ago , but the term level playing field can no longer be applied to our beloved game
its run by spivs and swamped in agendas

I am as a fan of the game and embarrassed of how corrupt it is from fifa downwards

Last edited:
People will bring up Adkins and the league one years I’m sure but fuck me, have we ever been so fucking embarrassing on an international stage so consistently?

This is fucking shite. I left after the third goal today and I didnt feel a fucking thing. We deserve to be remembered as one of the worst teams in Premier League history.

Every single one of our players should be fucking ashamed of the part they have played in one of the most pathetic teams in English footballing history.
Not being dismissive here but as others have pointed out in this thread,being embarrassed by performances/results
is not the same thing as being embarrassed to be a blade which I most certainly am not,
My old man and his dad before him,both proud blades would be turning in their grave
at the very idea.

Yes, I found it embarrassing being in the 3rd and 4th division years, losing 4-0 to Wendy was terrible. In those years I didn't bother going to some home games.

This season I am still going to some away games.
The 2 that stand out for me, in all my time supporting the Blades, are:- Oldham beating us 5 nil at Bramall Lane, under Billy McEwan, and our 4 nil beating at Stevenage.., notable others, Boxing Day 79,and our F. A. Cup loss at Altrincham in 81.

The 2 that stand out for me, in all my time supporting the Blades, are:- Oldham beating us 5 nil at Bramall Lane, under Billy McEwan, and our 4 nil beating at Stevenage.., notable others, Boxing Day 79,and our F. A. Cup loss at Altrincham in 81.
newport 4 sufc 0 on a cold damp tuesday night
losing at Aldershot in a thick fog, never saw the goal as couldnt see that far
losing 5-0 at west ham and 4-0 at Leeds as we got promoted in 1990 were not moments of great joy
but we came through it

newport 4 sufc 0 on a cold damp tuesday night
losing at Aldershot in a thick fog, never saw the goal as couldnt see that far
losing 5-0 at west ham and 4-0 at Leeds as we got promoted in 1990 were not moments of great joy
but we came through it
Newport, wasn't that a Saturday?
We made Dave Gwyther look like a world beater that day..
I'm not sure, but I think the Tuesday game was 3-1,but I remember losing 4 nowt midweek to Wrexham...
West Ham, at they end of the game, one of their stewards was regaled with the song, "have you ever seen your dick", which even the other stewards laughed at..
I went to em all, sadly, I don't have the points to get away on a regular basis now.

Newport was when we sung the muppet song to 2 old lads in a small stand

was a saturday but on jan 3rd so it went dark around 4pm which is why I remember it ass a night game
plus its pretty grim in newport on a sunny day

Last edited:

for some perspective.

What have Rochdale and their relegation got to do with us though?

I don’t give a toss what Rochdale are like or if Bury went out of business because they have nothing to do with us and our situation.

There are dozens of football clubs who would snap your hands off for a year finishing bottom of the PL, it doesn’t make getting pumped every week any less embarrassing for us now.

In the covid season it was bad, but we had less thrashings. League 1 was bad but we at least had the ability to win a few games.

I want us to be competing at the highest level possible, but what we’re doing this season isn’t competing, it’s merely existing.

Our board and ownership have allowed this to happen and are rightly getting called out for it.

I have never been embarrassed to be a blade and never will be. At the moment, it is a horrible feeling to watch a team of players with no heart or pride getting comprehensively spanked most weeks. This season we throughly deserve every piss taking, snidey remark from the media / pundits going.

With Berge and NDiaye leaving it was a very big ask. Without them and waiting until october to get reinforcements was impossible.

We all know that we are only here to collect the PL money. Let’s hope against hope that Wilder can rebuild and get us firing in the Championship next season.

What have Rochdale and their relegation got to do with us though?

I don’t give a toss what Rochdale are like or if Bury went out of business because they have nothing to do with us and our situation.

There are dozens of football clubs who would snap your hands off for a year finishing bottom of the PL, it doesn’t make getting pumped every week any less embarrassing for us now.

In the covid season it was bad, but we had less thrashings. League 1 was bad but we at least had the ability to win a few games.

I want us to be competing at the highest level possible, but what we’re doing this season isn’t competing, it’s merely existing.

Our board and ownership have allowed this to happen and are rightly getting called out for it.
The way some people are talking on here you would think that we’re like them being relegated into the national league. We’re not losing our club like Bury fans have done. Being terrible in the PL isn’t the worst thing that could happen to this club.
There’s no circumstances where I’ll stop supporting United. Being rubbish doesn’t change that, it never has. Are you embarrassed to be a Blade? I’m old enough to have seen the division four years. I’ll never be embarrassed to be a Blade, ever, just like Rochdale fans will stay Rochdale fans etc. Nobody is saying that we shouldn’t aspire to be better but the reality is we will have good years, boring years, bad years even appalling ones like this one just like we always have. It’s what like clubs like ours get. That’s not likely ever to change. No billionaire is strolling through the door to turn us into Manchester City and frankly I’m not sure I’d want that. I’ll be there for the remaining games and no doubt we’ll be terrible in most if not all of them. Then next season I’ll be back again and the year after that for as long as I stay out of the box.
Let the players be embarrassed I bloody won’t be and neither should any other fan of the club.

It’s been an abject capitulation by the club. Basically rolled over and let our bellies be tickled every week. Embarrassing stuff.

Only SUFC could contrive to make a high point in our trajectory feel so low within a few weeks. Never change SUFC FFS 🤣🫣

How can you ever be embarrassed to be a Blade, I suspect most of us support United due to a strong family tradition and sense of allegiance to your home city.

If there’s anyone that should be embarrassed it’s the numerous, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man City and Liverpool ‘supporters’ born hundreds of miles away and who’ve never set foot in their grounds yet seemingly live and breathe the club whilst rejoicing in the reflected glory of another league title, FA Cup.

Just fuckoff, cos that is proper embarrassing……

Up the Blades!

The way some people are talking on here you would think that we’re like them being relegated into the national league. We’re not losing our club like Bury fans have done. Being terrible in the PL isn’t the worst thing that could happen to this club.
There’s no circumstances where I’ll stop supporting United. Being rubbish doesn’t change that, it never has. Are you embarrassed to be a Blade? I’m old enough to have seen the division four years. I’ll never be embarrassed to be a Blade, ever, just like Rochdale fans will stay Rochdale fans etc. Nobody is saying that we shouldn’t aspire to be better but the reality is we will have good years, boring years, bad years even appalling ones like this one just like we always have. It’s what like clubs like ours get. That’s not likely ever to change. No billionaire is strolling through the door to turn us into Manchester City and frankly I’m not sure I’d want that. I’ll be there for the remaining games and no doubt we’ll be terrible in most if not all of them. Then next season I’ll be back again and the year after that for as long as I stay out of the box.
Let the players be embarrassed I bloody won’t be and neither should any other fan of the club.
I’m not embarrassed to be a Blade, however the performances we are putting in and the way we’ve approached the season are embarrassing. Irrespective of what league we’re in and whether we’re better off than Rochdale and Bury.

AND A FEW DAYS LATER

Never been more proud
to pull their socks up and play without fear and take the game to Luton
after a disjointed mess of a performance to turn it round so fully and prove we are capable of competing has made my day

lets carry this forward and ruffle a few feathers, 14 games left to regain a bit of dignity

Back
Top Bottom