What are your hopes for next season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ambition - and not just words, actual action.

I'm sick of Sheffield United having a tinpot mentality

We were a founding member of the Premier League and Sheffield is a bigger city than Leicester, Newcastle, Wolverhampton and so on... we should have been an established PL team yonks ago.

The board have one chance to show ambition with their actions, lets get it done and get back to where we belong!!

We were a founding member of the Premier League and Sheffield is a bigger city than Leicester, Newcastle, Wolverhampton and so on... we should have been an established PL team yonks ago.

The board have one chance to show ambition with their actions, lets get it done and get back to where we belong!!
Leicestershire has a population of 1,053,86, with one football club. Tyneside, has a population of 879,996 with one club (Sunderland is Weirside).Northumberland population about 300,000. South Yorkshire is about 1.2 million with 5 clubs.

Population of Sheffield may be bigger than Leicester and Newcastle but it's not the full picture.

If you're wanting players to take on people we need to change formation
This isn’t true. There are numerous changes we could make to 3-5-2 that would enable it, and it’s something that should have been the alteration Berge signing signalled.

Can someone help me please? I'm trying to find the jiggly tits thread, there's way too many emotional meltdown threads, there needs to be a balance

I'll wait until we see who's the manager, who he'll get rid of and who he brings in.

My hopes are, that we are able to challenge for promotion, obviously. We really do need to bounce back right away because if we don't it'll only get harder.

OIP.NyDpWfe7VlsxcpoUbkmcgwAAAA

My hope is automatic promotion. My expectation is top 6 minimum. If Wilder was still here and we didn’t make top 6 next season, I’d be saying it was time for him to go so I expect top 6 from his replacement.
With half a new squad maybe? I hope so too.

Norwich went up because they kept their team together. They went down without players being particularly bad. We've gone down because too many players were crap all the time.
They went down with 21 pts.

Hardly a massive difference from where we are now.

We may even equal or beat that yet 🤣🤣🤣

That I can go to the Lane again, have a few good away days and watch football that is hopefully alright but if it isn't oh well there's always the pub.

I think certainly with the likes of Leicester and Wolverhampton, they lucked out somewhat with the sort of investment that The Prince can't lay a glove on.

Crikey, in my time watching football, Wolves have gone from the brink of going out of business to raiding the likes of Benfica for their best players, thats a hell of a leap.

The aim of any manager is finish top 6 minimum and win back promotion ideally.

Getting promotion out of any league is so hard though, only 3 teams can go up.

However despite how poor we have been this season, and the flack the players have got ever more recently. I do believe this squad is set up v.well for a championship promotion push with a good pre-season and a fresh mentality going into next season.

We deffo need new recruits, and of course losing any key players means replacements are key. But there are alot in this squad who should be well amongst the best in the league for many positions. Midfield at the min is the weak area like we all know. A fit Berge if he stays could be v.interesting though. But still like to see some new recruits in there if we aren't going to blood youngsters.
Some tweaks and changes to formation too. 3-5-2 can still work, but having proper alternatives are important.

The aim of any manager is finish top 6 minimum and win back promotion ideally.

Getting promotion out of any league is so hard though, only 3 teams can go up.

However despite how poor we have been this season, and the flack the players have got ever more recently. I do believe this squad is set up v.well for a championship promotion push with a good pre-season and a fresh mentality going into next season.

We deffo need new recruits, and of course losing any key players means replacements are key. But there are alot in this squad who should be well amongst the best in the league for many positions. Midfield at the min is the weak area like we all know. A fit Berge if he stays could be v.interesting though. But still like to see some new recruits in there if we aren't going to blood youngsters.
Some tweaks and changes to formation too. 3-5-2 can still work, but having proper alternatives are important.
i think if joc isnt in the side theres not much point playing 352 would sooner us play 343 or 433 and i think if jokanovic comes in those are the 2 most likely formations

,,,,,,,,,,,,get franko in because we need goals and more service up top so play a more direct style with 2 wingers and get a proven mamager that knows what hes doing and play a more classic sytle of 442,dont play 352 thevye found us out,have a massive clear out from top to bottom,,, nuff said

I am easily pleased I guess......
Go unbeaten all season
Score a phenomenal amount of goals
Loads of clean sheets
Fast attacking football
Last minute winners
Promotion with 6 games left
That will do for starters 😊

At this stage I’ve no idea what to expect.

You can easily put forward an argument that this team has the habit of losing every single week...so we’ll struggle next season.
However with the right manager, crowds back, top strikers at this level McBurnie and Brewster clicking as a partnership.
O’Connel, Basham and Egan back in defence. I also wouldn’t be too surprised if we’re promoted next season.

I'm going to keep it very simple:

Not be dugshite!

(Anything else after that is bonus territory!)

my hopes are > hecko goes back to under 23s ,we have a clear out of dead wood who cant play for the blades shirt ,put player of the year top scorer didzy has new captain play him has a no 10 ,play good lad sopecial brewster every game or he will never score ,play super macburnie with him they can score for fun in this 2nd tier championship league ,play a more juve direct style of 442 ,i only like wingers me ,but thats me ,im more direct ,apoint a real italian boss in charge like ranieri he would ruffle a few feathers to get WINS ,,,nuff said ,,,utb ,,,ciao ,,,forza blades ,,chow ,,must go 20 inch pizza is getting burnt in oven i,,,im lost for words has usual,..,grazie

If you're wanting players to take on people we need to change formation
Formation doesn't stop a player/players picking up the ball and be willing to take a few of the opposition on that boils down to talent and confidence. But agree we need to be able to change formation as and when needed. I'm just wanting us to appoint the best manager possible the right manager!!

Next season - Just regain some dignity.

Just an improvement from watching this shower of shit every week.

3 goals in one game, and 6 continuous passes would be stellar.

Season tickets renewed. We live in hope.

Back
Top Bottom