What are your hopes for next season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Quite similar to the OP:

I want us to occasionally attack a team on the counter at pace (don't think we have done this once this year).

To be able to have sufficient midfielders to not have to play those that refuse to sign contracts and then plod around the pitch passing backwards (badly) and putting in half tackles.

A couple of players that can hold on to the ball and run with it every now and then - dynamic players akin to Eze (though of a lower caliber)

Maybe score from direct from a free kick (when was the last time that happened?)

I'd also love us to recruit a striker like Toney, however I don't think we will see a new striker signed unless one or two leave (and I don't think anyone will take them)

Clear out the fringe players that we have wasted wages on - I'd rather us use the under 23s and under 18s.

Just avoiding the drop will be good if we appoint a muppet like the one in temporary charge.

Goals.

Promotions, winning games, success, attacking football are all great.

Ultimately nothing comes close to the instant euphoria of a goal. The fact we've hit the onion bag just 18 times in the league is disgusting.

Don't care how they come, who scores them. Just give me goals.

A relentless merciless midfield that puts the fear of God in defences.

Genuinely anything is going to be better than this year but in no particular order
  • Pub
  • Shit chat on kop
  • Beating the first man from corners or free kicks
  • Watery Bovy
  • Standing on steps of Kop for 20 minutes waiting to get out
  • Having a good nosy round to see which plastic cunts only had a ticket for premier league
The biggest hope has to be everyone arrives on time and no one fucks off early to be fair.

Reactions: ZLB
Very low expectations from me, attending games at the Lane. Hopefully a few away games for me and the lad. Something resembling actual effort and footballing ability from the players would be nice. Winning a few games would be a nice bonus. Never having to see Lundstram in a Blades kit will be good.

Introduction of VAR to the Championship.

Bundersliga 2 have it.

More creativity from the midfield so the strikers will score more goals and Utd win the matches more comfortably and all been well the matches will be more entertaining to watch than this boring season we have had in the PL and stop giving the ball away and silly soft goals.

jokanovic to come in and play attractive attacking football we havent seen much of that at the lane for the last 12 months

• Manager with either experience of promotion in this league, or a lot of potential.
  • Players who stay making up for their abject performances this season.
  • New players coming in that have the right character, no bellends or skivers
  • Board putting in place a new, more adaptable wage structure should we find ourselves in a different league anytime soon.
  • Academy improvements
  • Win more than 5 games
  • Have a go, stop playing to not be embarrassed, start playing to win again.
  • Integrate the academy players more
  • Manager needs to be given free reign on who he can cut, so even if that means he wants to sell or release 10 players, the board need to back him.

Finish in the Top Eight.

Thats not a hope, its an expectation.

After the best part of 50 years, I aint holding me breath on that one though......

For things to get back to normal.

As in we go back to games and everyone feels good about it, not that we start a decade of utter shite.

A top ten finish would be success for me given the huge rebuild we need, the players we're likely going to lose, the lack of reliable striking power we have up front, and a lot of dross in the squad who need to be shown the door. I can accept no promotion or play offs and settle for a mid table finish.

Norwich went up because they kept their team together. They went down without players being particularly bad. We've gone down because too many players were crap all the time. If we keep too many and we get off to a bad start we risk them losing their heads and confidence again and we could plummet down another division. We need a fresh start. New manager, new players. If that means cashing in on our only valuable assets in O'Connell, Egan and Berge then so be it. The team comes first.

My other hope is that we can all agree on and name our best eleven once more. In Wilder's first four seasons everyone could name our best eleven, and they pretty much started week in, week out. Last season was like watching a tombola choose the team each game. Even when players were fit Wilder was badly guilty of picking out of form favourites and showed he was too stubborn to make changes.

A plan B when plan A isn't working would be nice, and one that doesn't just comprise of sticking with failing tactics and making like for like changes.

Back
Top Bottom