What are your hopes for next season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kozzy_is_my_Dad

No excuses, no dickheads.
Reaction score
What are your hopes heading into this summer and then into next season?

Right now, IMO, we couldn't be further away from the side that was promoted to the PL in the sense that we:
  • Had a clear game plan and system.
  • Had conviction and belief in that system.
  • Had key players in form, full of energy.
  • Were riding a wave of confidence.
  • Had invested wisely on up and coming players with a point to prove, and who grew into Championship life and then PL life.
So for me, the above is what I'd like to see:
  • A managerial appointment ASAP, so they can assess the squad and what's needed. I'm a romantic who wants Wilder and the board to kiss and make up, but even more so, I just want a plan and a sign of intent.
  • Absolute clarity, early on, from the squad about who is commited and in this for the fight, and who wants out. Anyone who isn't needs getting shut of, to raise funds and squad harmony.
  • An early indication of where the board's ambitions lie. False hope isn't any good for anyone. Meaningless McCabey words of old won't cut it.
  • Fresh energy and creativity into midfield.
  • Players willing to take on their man and add a bit of spark.
  • Crucially, the right kind of signings. Hungry players who can grow with us - as with Baldock, Egan and O'Connell before. Spend wisely, spend well.
UTB ⚔️

Playoffs should be achievable if we either:

a) retain Berge, loan in another CM from the PL
b) get a manager who's able to use the Berge money to bring an upper Championship-quality CM in, and also loan one from the PL

I don't think that's unrealistic. We've got enough at Championship level in all other areas, but the midfield's a bit wank and that affects every other area of the park

Right now, IMO, we couldn't be further away from the side that was promoted to the PL in the sense that we:
  • Had invested wisely on up and coming players with a point to prove, and who grew into Championship life and then PL life.
  • A managerial appointment ASAP, so they can assess the squad and what's needed. I'm a romantic who wants Wilder and the board to kiss and make up, but even more so, I just want a plan and a sign of intent.
  • Absolute clarity, early on, from the squad about who is commited and in this for the fight, and who wants out. Anyone who isn't needs getting shut of, to raise funds and squad harmony.
  • An early indication of where the board's ambitions lie. False hope isn't any good for anyone. Meaningless McCabey words of old won't cut it.
  • Crucially, the right kind of signings. Hungry players who can grow with us - as with Baldock, Egan and O'Connell before. Spend wisely, spend well.
UTB ⚔️
We're in a much better situation than when Wilder joined. So on that basis my hopes for next season are nothing less than automatic promotion.

To stay up.

Exactly, as pathetic as it sounds not doing a Sunderland with a 21st place finish would be fine with me. Need to rebuild. Too late and too much to do to 'Think Leicester'

To appoint Jokanovic, or Clement, or Blessin (permit allows) within the next few days before West Brom beats us to it.
Everything else will then fall into place nicely.

Realistically, to be competitive in the league we're in, a mid table finish, maybe flirt with the play offs and some entertaining football with a few more goals going in the other end would be a bloody good start. Turning this rabble round to suddenly troubling the teams at the top is a bit of an ask. West Brom and Fulham are both streets ahead of us, and they're shite.

If Heckingbottom is in charge permanently, I'll revise this to avoiding relegation

UTB ⚔️
Most of that I could agree with, but we could achieve those goals without finishing in the top half.
The ingredient missing is quality: put that into the midfield and we are on the way.

Realistically, to be competitive in the league we're in, a mid table finish, maybe flirt with the play offs and some entertaining football with a few more goals going in the other end would be a bloody good start. Turning this rabble round to suddenly troubling the teams at the top is a bit of an ask. West Brom and Fulham are both streets ahead of us, and they're shite.

If Heckingbottom is in charge permanently, I'll revise this to avoiding relegation

If Heckinbottom is in charge I'll be going to the Ice Hockey more

To stay up.

Walk the Championship, 100 points, 100+ goals. Brewster and McBurnie 25 each. Win FA Cup, introduce at least eight of the U23’s into the first team squad. Build the new academy at Norton, upgrade the Kop, fix the roof at Shirecliffe.

And before anyone says anything, N20 Blade started it!

@prayforoldjokes

I hope for hope.

I hope that by the time we return to Bramall Lane in August, we have a manager who the majority will happily get behind, some quality signings and the feeling that we could potentially go back up at the first time of asking if we play our cards right.

It'll take the edge off going back to football as usual if we're looking at a squad which hasn't been refreshed enough and a bloke in the dugout we're not sure about.

More expectations, goals and promotion. 1st place! I think we will be up for a real go.

All I hope for is an attack minded manager with more than one formation and game plan. Add to that a fit JOC or someone similar a midfielder who can tackle and a couple who can run with the ball and leave defenders on their arse, get that and the rest will take care of itself at both ends of the pitch.

As a bonus another points deduction and relegation for the S6 scum, maybe I'm just being greedy 🤔

Back
Top Bottom