What a wanker Fleck is

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In other words, you can't stop once you've flown into the challenge (contrary to your original comment), which wasn't two footed nor malicious; he won the ball first therefore it wasn't even a foul. Cheers Danny, got there in the end eh lad?

Is this a record attempt for the most incorrect things in a single forum post?

He got the ball first and it was the follow through that caught their player.

Anyway, enough is enough, booooo hiss, you wouldn’t see a Premier player make a tackle like that.. well only around 2 or 3 times every Saturday.

Send him back to Coventry, he’ll never be any good for us! (FFS)

TBH Danny, my problem isn't with the sending off (or whether it was a "two footed tackle" or not), it's with people on this thread calling him a "wanker" and a "cunt".

Sending off or not, it absolutely wasn't intentional (you can see that in the full video around 3:30). Yes I'm probably being a bit defensive on this thread, but I absolutely stand by the opinion that when you watch it in full motion you can see he intents to take the ball with one foot and the other foot takes the player out. No way is that intentional (unless he's Jackie Chan).

I've had a bit of a pop at you because I don't think the stills you posted helps, and given your background, I'm not sure it was particularly wise to make your points in this thread (of all threads!).

I agree with you that the names are out of order, as I posted earlier. But intent is irrelevant. It was reckless. And my background (whatever that means) has sweet fuck all to do with my ability to take the blinkers off and see when a red card is a justified red card

If Sordell breaking Coutts’ leg isn’t a foul, then Smith ought’ve been booked for diving. It was not a fucking red card. Didn’t have a clue at the time but the replays show he took away the ball and clattered into the Bristol player. The lad isn’t injured and I guarantee will be starting their next game. Fucking cheating cunts. Cannot stand Bristol, especially after tonight.

What's that got to do with your comment "Getting the ball is irrelevant if you then continue to recklessly hit the man with both feet"? You talk as if Fleck should have changed tack half way through the challenge. What was he supposed to do, just stop and stand up??

Look, I'm not angry at you Danny, this challenge and subsequent decision to send him off is symptomatic of the 'modern' game where you can't make a good hard challenge and make good hard contact because of the over reactions of referees and players alike. I'm so sick of seeing it.

If that was a Bristol City player we'd be asking for a red. If you can't accept 'the modern game' then that's your choice but there is no point criticising the referee who actually is one of the better ones we've had this season.

It's a clear red card, anyone denying that has got the Blades tinted specs on, similarly, anyone calling Fleck a wanker because of one bad tackle is being extremely short sighted.

No point in discussing Flecks challenge we will not appeal it so we have to accept the ref was right.Fleck is a real competitor so things like this will happen it's just bad luck we now have lost the two best midfielders in the division ,a real problem for Wilder.
As for him losing us a point he went for the win with 10men that's the Wilder way we will benefit in the end.He wants us to play with no fear which means we will have days like today ,but what effort the men in red and white put in
Things are not going for us at present ( hit the woodwork 4 times tonight )
Maybe an opportunity for Regan Slater to get some game time,he's highly rated and would not be fazed by a jump into the first team squad.
) .
Regan Slater be the closest thing we got to Coutts having watched 23’s for the last 18 months given a chance he wouldn’t let us down, ok he’s a young lad but if your good enough your old enough.....that said replacing Coutts And Fleck impossible different class the 2 of em

I think I'm biased, very biased maybe. I was convinced it wasn't a red live, obviously, but I'm still not that sure it was a red having watched the replay. Maybe I'll have another look tomorrow totally sober

If that was a Bristol City player we'd be asking for a red. If you can't accept 'the modern game' then that's your choice but there is no point criticising the referee who actually is one of the better ones we've had this season.

It's a clear red card, anyone denying that has got the Blades tinted specs on, similarly, anyone calling Fleck a wanker because of one bad tackle is being extremely short sighted.
anyone coming on a blades website and saying that straight after a game is not only short sighted but probably has a death wish

Probably a red from my initial view of it, but tbh we got away with at least a couple of highly dodgy Fleck challenges last year so perhaps it was only a matter of time. But the timing of it is horrendous given the continued Coutts absence. And obviously frustrating given the worse challenges in the Burton and Leeds games that did not have the same punishment.

Whoever did the OP have you ever played football? That was an excellent strong, hard tackle, won the ball cleaning and was never a free kick never mind a f***ing sending off. If football has come to that I think we all might as well pack in, awful decision from the ref. If he's flashing reds for that, then that dummy for them should have had a straight red for the elbow.

Felt robbed tonight thanks to that prick in the black.

Really? Watch again. It was a red card all day long. Sometimes folks we have to take off our red and white specs. Like to think some of us a bit fairer than that. If that was the other way round we would be baying for blood (as we did with the Leeds lad and Burton lads - who both should have walked also). It was an easy decision.

Well said. Unfortunately I watched on Sky but had the benefit of replays! He did jump in but it wasn't two footed, wasn't malicious and he got the ball; the referee was very close also. This sort of thing really pisses me off in the game today, you simply cannot make a hard challenge because of the extremely over reactive nature of officials and players. The game is way too soft for my liking.

Totally agree

He got the ball first and it was the follow through that caught their player.

Anyway, enough is enough, booooo hiss, you wouldn’t see a Premier player make a tackle like that.. well only around 2 or 3 times every Saturday.

Send him back to Coventry, he’ll never be any good for us! (FFS)
It was as you describe. Unfortunately both his feet were off the ground in the approach to the tackle and thanks to Mike Riley’s directive, all players must be shown a red card in these instances (even if no contact is made) as it is deemed they are out of control.

They didn't make any rash challenges but elbows pulling happened they are good at hiding it.Duffy was pulled back going for the edge of their area which went unpunished they went straight downfield and scored
well spotted pal I said the something. The Bristol lad made a good tackle but was on the floor and knew Duffy was on the ball he pulled him back nailed on foul and a yellow card for me. The ref was poor for me all night, He ref the pigs early in the season and was w@nk that day.

like Deadbat has said you have to realistic about these things. you cannot leave the ground with 2 footed challenge you are asking for a red card. & as i on simalir thread if i saw that on motd tomorrow. i would say red card no doubt

I'm sure most of the replies will be along the same lines, but surely a bit of loyalty and respect is in order for someone who has been and continues to be an outstanding player for us and a driving force behind our success?

Fleck's a wholehearted player and I hope he never changes.

At times like this I really question some of the cunts that put bellend threads on here .. Fleck a wanker ??? One of the best & creTive players in last 18 months. Stay at home and watch Soccer AM TV pundit ..that lads played his bollocks off for us !! Did he go to take the man out head on ?? Err No he won the ball and caught the lad after .. FFS

I'm sure most of the replies will be along the same lines, but surely a bit of loyalty and respect is in order for someone who has been and continues to be an outstanding player for us and a driving force behind our success?

Fleck's a wholehearted player and I hope he never changes.

Exactly! A straight red for Fleck has been coming for a while with how committed he is to every challenge but that is something we need to accept is going to happen from time to time unless you want a midfield of Hammonds and Woolfords?!

Never change Flecky you feisty little scottish terrier!

Shit thread. Fleck made a strong challenge, nothing malicious. The City player meshed it and as a result got hurt. Yellow at worst, not even that for me. Carruthers was wiped out in a similar fashion in the box and everyone says it's a great tackle.
To say he was one of the best refs is laughable, the centre backs had free reign all night to have both hands in the back of our centre forwards without being punished.

He`s let himself and the club down with that tackle, but come on, anyone insulting him for one moment of madness needs to give their head a wobble.

Fantastic player for this club since he walked into the building, and will continue to be so ( Dec 30th onwards!)

So what level of criticism is acceptable?

Pratt maybe or dick?

Yes it was ill judged and a mistake but we all make mistakes and he is the essence and heart beat of our team .
I feel your comments are as stupid as the tackle itself and not wanted

Whoever did the OP have you ever played football? That was an excellent strong, hard tackle, won the ball cleaning and was never a free kick never mind a f***ing sending off. If football has come to that I think we all might as well pack in, awful decision from the ref. If he's flashing reds for that, then that dummy for them should have had a straight red for the elbow.

Felt robbed tonight thanks to that prick in the black.
That 'prick in black' made the correct decision

A professional footballer can't go into a tackle with both feet raised off the ground.

That was a potential leg breaker

Back
Top Bottom