We wont be the Premier League paupers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Last time round we were the Premier League paupers for both seasons in terms of our wage bill. Both Coventry and Luton are behind us, so at least there will be one team in a more difficult position than us next season.

Last time round we were the Premier League paupers for both seasons in terms of our wage bill. Both Coventry and Luton are behind us, so at least there will be one team in a more difficult position than us next season.

Remember when we went up and splashed money willy nilly.

I fully expect Coventry or Luton to spend more than us

True, but will they be able to pay higher wages and risk breaking their wage structure and upset other players?

Wouldn’t be so sure yet. Really impressed with Luton since their league 2 days, well ran club that’s finished each season higher than before. Think they’ll stay up when they can spend a bit

With previously strong teams going down and Luton or Coventry joining us, I think the bottom half of the prem won't be as tough as some seem to think it will be. At lot seem to forget that we're going up with a handful of players that we bought for the PL, we're in a stronger position this time, we don't need to spend as much

Depends on what you mean by spend. Larger outlay on fees - possibly. Larger overall budget - very doubtful.

Personally, I'd rather pay better/proven players more if they're available either out of contract or with < 18 months left than splash another £60m on Champ players unproven at the top level. Taking a chance on Robinson, Freeman etc. stepping-up was a big / naive risk driven by CW's limited scouting network and strong preference for domestic league players even if they cost a huge premium

Yes we will
Coventry will definitely outpay us
And even Luton might

And both of them would get relegated with more money than us
Spend More and Gain More. Extremely Impressive if so. 🤣 ⚔️

Both strong sides that have given us trouble over the past couple years and I think their styles are well suited to taking the step up. Wouldn't look forward to playing either of them next season

Both strong sides that have given us trouble over the past couple years and I think their styles are well suited to taking the step up. Wouldn't look forward to playing either of them next season
That's the same for me. It depends on the fixtures we don't want them away within the first 3 matches

We have players who we bought last time. Those teams will have squeezed up and need to spend. If Luton go up, they've got to convert those terrace house back gardens too. Won't be cheap.
For me our priority is get the finances sorted and then spend wisely.

If Luton go up and Blades Fan Jay Socik signs them a load of good players and we get “gone to Luton” all summer, I’ll cry.
How about poaching him if he's that good we should get him on board.
Lots of stats being used in the game today , he is a stats garew .
We missed the boat when Luton took him ! his interviews before taking the Luton job were very interesting ! no doubt football is going down the stats road.

We have players who we bought last time. Those teams will have squeezed up and need to spend. If Luton go up, they've got to convert those terrace house back gardens too. Won't be cheap.
Yes, the prawn sandwich away fans in the Premier League won't want to look at someone's pants on the washing line as they enter the ground.

HRH: hold my pint (of camel milk)

They’ll play somewhere like Stadium MK for a season or two surely, and just get on with building the new stadium with the PL money.

We could make it £720 per season ticket to give ourselves an overinflated sense of importance and increase the budget that way?

Lol jk no club would be so arrogant.

Back
Top Bottom