Viktor Gyökeres - Transfer Target

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was thinking the same. He won't get a game there is seems, he's just 22 and is 6.3 and would be one to develop. Expect we could get him for around the £10m mark and I think he would be a great addition.
He's likely to get a game for Everton next season if they go down :)

One thing we learned last time is that 20m does not get you a premier league striker. I think 30-40m is your entry point for someone who is certain to be able to compete at that level, otherwise its about taking a punt on someone unknown/unproven and getting lucky.

For that reason I think our best approach to this season is to add forwards through loans and spend the money we have elsewhere in the squad. McB/Ndiaye/Jebbo and Brewster (assuming fit) would be better than what we had last time (Ndiaye alone is better than what we had last time). I think Jebbo is getting there and doesn't need to be on loan, we have a future Didier Drogba on our hands (watch him fill out his frame over the next couple of years).

Gyorkeres is going to be way out of budget, and aspiring to a better team than us if Coventry go up.

I don't think it's realistic transfer target to even consider at the moment. The only way it would happen, is if at the end of summer, if no Prem teams have met Coventry's valuation, he in turn does not try and force a move and at some point in the summer we have new owners who make a significant cash injection.

I don't think it's realistic transfer target to even consider at the moment. The only way it would happen, is if at the end of summer, if no Prem teams have met Coventry's valuation, he in turn does not try and force a move and at some point in the summer we have new owners who make a significant cash injection.
If in this scenario we also get taken over by the end of the summer just in time to have some fresh cash before the window closes, then maybe, but you are threading a needle with that scenario.

But do you really see us bringing in 3 forward players and paying signing fees and agent fees and possibly transfer fees?

Don't deny on one hand Jebbo would improve from a full season as main striker in the Championship but not all players play at every rung. But he might benefit training with and playing against better players.

I just think Hecky will do little business in this space and focus more on midfield reinforcements.

Just my thoughts on what he'll do. Doesn't matter what I think it's what he thinks!
I think we need two more, not three mate. We can sign Pukki on a free - I can really see that happening (we can do worse and better but it's just an obvious one that is a possibility), and another on loan or coming in for the £5 - £10m bracket. So it will be McBurnie, Pukki, Ndiaye and another. Brewster will be the fifth if fit but that's highly unlikely based on last three seasons and he's not looked good enough when fit.

I think we need two more, not three mate. We can sign Pukki on a free - I can really see that happening (we can do worse and better but it's just an obvious one that is a possibility), and another on loan or coming in for the £5 - £10m bracket. So it will be McBurnie, Pukki, Ndiaye and another. Brewster will be the fifth if fit but that's highly unlikely based on last three seasons and he's not looked good enough when fit.
Isn’t Pukki going back home ?

Not sure about Pukki - quite possibly a 33 year old busted flush who only scored 10 last year despite being Norwich's focal and playing almost every game. Personally I don't think he's good enough for Prem these days and can see him either going to MLS or back to Finland

said on an earlier post in this thread that we needed a big money signing of a striker but the way things are looking its more likely to be a couple of loans archer and simms would do nicely keep jebbo and send osula out on loan

we do not need to spend massive amounts , our young players like Jebbison osula and RND will match most of whats being touted in here
Maybe the jock Aries ( is he scottish) would be the cherry on top. a good left back is required , just make good use of 4 loans to boost the squad

Pretty average again to be honest.
I still want him, but he didn't do much again.

No chance of him coming here and I can't see us going for Hamer either. Don't want to be negative but that's the reality most likely.
If Iliman and Sander won't sign new deals I'd be happy to sell them and sign these two.

If Iliman and Sander won't sign new deals I'd be happy to sell them and sign these two.
I can see your point there but I still think they'll be bigger fish than us wanting Gyokores regardless and possibly Hamer too. I'm not convinced on Gyokores though for the PL because he seems to drift in and out of games too much. When on form though I admit he's a unit and a PL striker.

Today showed what kind of player he is.

First half, looked paper thin, no determination and easily bullied. Second, much more competitive and used his strength and awareness to allow his talent to come to the fore. Half the season you get first half Gyorkeres. Plus, the amount of misspelling would be problematic. Plus, he'd cost more than our entire transfer kitty. Plus, he'll sign for a bigger club.

I'm not overly convinced about Hamer either. Not for the money they'd want, anyway.

I’d rather we go for Ogbenny from millers. Would be cheaper and he looks decent.

Today showed what kind of player he is.

First half, looked paper thin, no determination and easily bullied. Second, much more competitive and used his strength and awareness to allow his talent to come to the fore. Half the season you get first half Gyorkeres. Plus, the amount of misspelling would be problematic. Plus, he'd cost more than our entire transfer kitty. Plus, he'll sign for a bigger club.

I'm not overly convinced about Hamer either. Not for the money they'd want, anyway.
You don’t say 😂

I can’t see us signing Gyorkeres or Hamer, but I don’t buy into the view that they’re going to be too expensive either.

Both of them only have a year left on their contracts so that’s obviously going to have an impact on their transfer fees. Plus they can’t be on huge money at Coventry and they haven’t even played at Premier League level so their wages won’t be massive by Premier League standards.

Hamer is the one we could get but his play off goals haven't done us any favours

gyorkeres will go for 25m plus and that rules us out and with luton in the premier league that rules carlton morris out from coming to us

Back
Top Bottom