Viktor Gyökeres - Transfer Target

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Everton tipped to sign him for between 12M - 18M

We are under umbongo at the moment..

Rumour Mill (hilarious) incoming..
Everton couldn't rub 2 shillings together 2 days ago, all of a sudden that 45m Gordon sale means they can bring in 45m Gallacher, 18m Gyokores and 22m Sulemana...

Load of bollocks :D

Really good player - seen him since he was 17 and always impressed for the Swedish youth teams. Had a bit of a tough spell at Brighton but I think he would be an asset for us now. Good finisher, hard-working player. I am pretty sure he will be a starter for Sweden in the next year or two. Good to add another Swede to the team - him and Anel used to play together for Sweden youth sides (Anel played with a year above him!).

You never know.
He would be a great signing. Maybe, just maybe we might get some dosh to spend, great Billy replacement though.

Won’t say no however I would be happy if we didn’t unless it’s for cheap which it won’t be, good hold up play but Im not convinced myself he would produce in prem with our style

Looked like a better version of McBurnie, and I mean that as a semi compliment in that I don’t think he’d transform us but he’d fit in well into our system and likely have more of an impact in the Premier League. Interest would depend on price and obviously whether Coventry lose in the final.

I must be the only one then who doesn't think he's anywhere near the hype that most have on him. Firstly if Cov don't go up they'll want £20m plus so unless we get took over then it's not going to happen anyway. But every time I've watched him he lacks composure just when you really need it. I'd rather Carlton Morris over him to be honest as I think Morris is decent and would be much more affordable but regardless of any fee Gyokeres doesn't particularly impress me; not to the extent that he's worth £20m.

I must be the only one then who doesn't think he's anywhere near the hype that most have on him. Firstly if Cov don't go up they'll want £20m plus so unless we get took over then it's not going to happen anyway. But every time I've watched him he lacks composure just when you really need it. I'd rather Carlton Morris over him to be honest as I think Morris is decent and would be much more affordable but regardless of any fee Gyokeres doesn't particularly impress me; not to the extent that he's worth £20m.

Each to their own B4 but there's certainly a lot more Prem interest in Gyokeres and Morris. I can see him going to Wolves tbh regardless of whether Cov go up - they've needed a decent striker ever since Jimenez suffered that nasty head injury.

However, Boro failing to get up may bring Archer into play for Utd as a loan target. If Villa aren't planning to keep him next season, a Prem loan would be the logical next step in his development.

Each to their own B4 but there's certainly a lot more Prem interest in Gyokeres and Morris. I can see him going to Wolves tbh regardless of whether Cov go up - they've needed a decent striker ever since Jimenez suffered that nasty head injury.

However, Boro failing to get up may bring Archer into play for Utd as a loan target. If Villa aren't planning to keep him next season, a Prem loan would be the logical next step in his development.
Morris is 27 whereas Gyokores is 24 and because he's Swedish and has done well this season he's in their squad which also raises his profile. But for United on our budget I think Gyokores wouldn't be worth the risk, not that we've got the money that Cov will want to buy him. Take that chance Gyokores had to score, He runs through on his left foot and I'm thinking smash it with your left or open your body up and shoot with your right. He did neither and cut inside and took such a heavy touch that he messed it up. If Morris had been in the same situation I'm fairly certain he'd have scored with his left foot as he's scored goals with both feet this season.

Carlton Morris will be half the price of Gyokeres but you're still talking £10m+.
I can't see the Prince signing off on it.

Your not alone mate, don’t get me wrong I can see he is decent, looks like he can hold ball up and keep it, I just don’t think he is worth 25 or 20 plus million for something that Jebbo or McBurnie could do, even if that was slightly less effective

I just think for us we might need someone who can do that plus go and do what illy does, puts it away. I know finding that and finding it for cheap will be near impossible

But in that scenario, myself personally, I would rather give Jebbo or another a full season rather than spend that money on him

We shouldn’t be spending any serious money on strikers.

Mcburnie & ndiaye will start so any money spent on strikers isn’t improving the first 11.
We need to focus our spending on players (especially midfielders) who will be in the first 11.

Mcburnie & ndiaye will start so any money spent on strikers isn’t improving the first 11.
We need to focus our spending on players (especially midfielders) who will be in the first 11.
I like McBurnie and have always stood up for him in his time with us. However, I don't think he should be our first choice striker alongside Ndiaye. He's not creative enough, he's not good enough/powerful enough in the air considering his height, his finishing is reasonable but not PL level overall. He is however someone who can cause defenders problems, he puts himself about and he's excellent at defending corners. But I still think we need someone more mobile/aggressive than McBurnie up there. Said it many times, but Carlton Morris could be that man if Luton don't go up.

To my mind we will likely go with:
Ndiaye, McBurnie + Brewster, Jebbison.

You then need to decide if you add Osula in lieu of going on loan or you retain Sharp as a potential 5th/6th choice.

I'd envision us getting a Khadra replacement if anything that either allows a slight formation change or provides an alternative to Ndiaye.

Players on a free to satisfy this role could be someone like: Ryan Kent or Nathan Redmond as examples.

To my mind we will likely go with:
Ndiaye, McBurnie + Brewster, Jebbison.

You then need to decide if you add Osula in lieu of going on loan or you retain Sharp as a potential 5th/6th choice.

I'd envision us getting a Khadra replacement if anything that either allows a slight formation change or provides an alternative to Ndiaye.

Players on a free to satisfy this role could be someone like: Ryan Kent or Nathan Redmond as examples.
Jebbo definitely not read yet for the PL, he would benefit from a season on loan in the Championship, at least until January and then maybe reassess. Brewster, crumbs, I can't see him being good enough even if fit. McBurnie not good enough to be a regular starter so we need at least two strikers in my book. I expect one will be Pukki based on the fact he's free and has done well at this level not long ago. The other maybe a loan I would expect. We were after Cameron Archer in January so maybe we'll rekindle that interest on loan for next season.

Jebbo definitely not read yet for the PL, he would benefit from a season on loan in the Championship, at least until January and then maybe reassess. Brewster, crumbs, I can't see him being good enough even if fit. McBurnie not good enough to be a regular starter so we need at least two strikers in my book. I expect one will be Pukki based on the fact he's free and has done well at this level not long ago. The other maybe a loan I would expect. We were after Cameron Archer in January so maybe we'll rekindle that interest on loan for next season.
But do you really see us bringing in 3 forward players and paying signing fees and agent fees and possibly transfer fees?

Don't deny on one hand Jebbo would improve from a full season as main striker in the Championship but not all players play at every rung. But he might benefit training with and playing against better players.

I just think Hecky will do little business in this space and focus more on midfield reinforcements.

Just my thoughts on what he'll do. Doesn't matter what I think it's what he thinks!

Carlton Morris will be half the price of Gyokeres but you're still talking £10m+.
I can't see the Prince signing off on it.
I'd be shocked if they'd want £10 million. They must lose money hand over fist and there will be little or no competition at EPL level for him. I reckon WBA would be keen though. Although, I believe they may have fucked themselves under FFP.

disagree totally our 2 big spends this summer should be a striker and midfielder go with the ones weve got and we get relegated and if we dont sign a striker that tells me were gearing up for the championship

I think its fairly well known amongst Coventry fans that he isn't the most clinical finisher (I seem to remember him fluffing a couple against us this season - and one where Anel made an outstanding last ditch tackle) - but looking at his stats I'd say its closer to the way Didzy was for us - scores one, misses 5, scores a worldie, misses a sitter etc etc.

I'd snap him up if the opportunity arose due to his physicality and age but agree that if we haven't much money to throw around other areas are a priority in terms of big signings (provided we keep Ndiaye)

I think its fairly well known amongst Coventry fans that he isn't the most clinical finisher (I seem to remember him fluffing a couple against us this season - and one where Anel made an outstanding last ditch tackle) - but looking at his stats I'd say its closer to the way Didzy was for us - scores one, misses 5, scores a worldie, misses a sitter etc etc.

I'd snap him up if the opportunity arose due to his physicality and age but agree that if we haven't much money to throw around other areas are a priority in terms of big signings (provided we keep Ndiaye)

He's scored 21 this season (+ 11 assists) - he's not a Lineker / Fowler type of striker and he contributes a lot more than just scoring goals (see Cov's goal last night). Personally I thought he was outstanding at BDTBL (and forced Bash into conceding the last min pen at their ground). If there's a chance Utd could land him, I'd be very keen to do so.

If you rearrange those letter, does it spell relegation?

You can get close; RE_E_ATION
With
DY / MCBUNI / BREWSER / JEBBISN
Left over
If you count Osula that fills in the L but it’s just the G missing.
In summary, it gets us close to relegation but not quite! Happy days!

Used to coach him. Seen him since he was 11-12, friends to the family. Would love to see him with us but I got the feeling he will end up somewhere else.

Simms at Everton is a shout, was a handful when Sunderland played at the Lane early season..
Was thinking the same. He won't get a game there is seems, he's just 22 and is 6.3 and would be one to develop. Expect we could get him for around the £10m mark and I think he would be a great addition.

Back
Top Bottom