Joel Pohjanpalo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ISZA ⚔️

Reaction score
Just a suggestion. Finish striker, 28, currently top scorer in Serie B with Venezia. Very strong, no nonsense and knows where the net is. A gamble for sure but probably not an expensive one.

Fans would love him. Scored 4 yesterday and - not for the first time this season - went and grabbed himself a post match beer.

Just a suggestion. Finish striker, 28, currently top scorer in Serie B with Venezia. Very strong, no nonsense and knows where the net is. A gamble for sure but probably not an expensive one.

Fans would love him. Scored 4 yesterday and - not for the first time this season - went and grabbed himself a post match beer.

Needs a little conditioning ?

I know all about him and suggested him as a potential signing I think when we last got promoted. But he's just come off the back of a good season in Italy and I would imagine would now command a hefty fee. I can't see it happening now as a result. Teemu Pukki on a free (it was always going to be mentioned by someone!) is a lot more realistic.

He scored a load for hamburg a couple of seasons back in bundesliga 2 whilst on loan from.someone like stuttgart.

So they don't see him as top tier.

Imagine going from Venice to Sheffield. Take some explaining to the Missus that. 😂

Serie B to Premier League

An easy sell when the pay packet comes in....

I know all about him and suggested him as a potential signing I think when we last got promoted. But he's just come off the back of a good season in Italy and I would imagine would now command a hefty fee. I can't see it happening now as a result. Teemu Pukki on a free (it was always going to be mentioned by someone!) is a lot more realistic.
He’s not had an Akpom-like season. He’s got 17 (so 13 before this weeks games). A club like Venezia are not really in a position to command a big fee. I doubt he went there for anything other than to kick-start his career whilst enjoying the surroundings. £2/3m would probably get him. Very low risk.

I'm guessing workrate isn't one of his key assets?!

Looks as though he plays Sunday League and only because he wants to spend all Sunday pm in the boozer with his mates

He’s not had an Akpom-like season. He’s got 17 (so 13 before this weeks games). A club like Venezia are not really in a position to command a big fee. I doubt he went there for anything other than to kick-start his career whilst enjoying the surroundings. £2/3m would probably get him. Very low risk.
I hadn't realised Venezia were Serie B to be fair. Yeah, not a bad shout in fairness. I would see him as an upgrade on McBurnie if honest, with all due respect to McBurnie's qualities. I'd still rather go for Carlton Morris myself but he'd cost more no doubt.

I hadn't realised Venezia were Serie B to be fair. Yeah, not a bad shout in fairness. I would see him as an upgrade on McBurnie if honest, with all due respect to McBurnie's qualities. I'd still rather go for Carlton Morris myself but he'd cost more no doubt.
He's had a good season (20 goals) but before that he's only managed another 36 in his entire career (between his other 40 clubs)

He's had a good season (20 goals) but before that he's only managed another 36 in his entire career (between his other 40 clubs)
Yeah I think if he came we'd be looking at around 6/7 goals most likely for a season. Saying that if he played well and held the ball up well and created space for someone along side him like Ndiaye than it could still be worthwhile.

Yeah I think if he came we'd be looking at around 6/7 goals most likely for a season. Saying that if he played well and held the ball up well and created space for someone along side him like Ndiaye than it could still be worthwhile.
I get what you are saying.
Chief, Shipperley, Cresswell, Hulse (to an extent) have been very good target men to bring the second striker in. But as good as Ndiaye is, is he the killer finisher we need if one of our forwards is just the hold up man?

Serie B is significantly below the standard of the championship
Watch plenty of it and it’s definitely not significantly below. Irrespective of that, the overall standard cannot be applied to every player that currently plays at that level. Andrea Pirlo once played in Serie B.

I get what you are saying.
Chief, Shipperley, Cresswell, Hulse (to an extent) have been very good target men to bring the second striker in. But as good as Ndiaye is, is he the killer finisher we need if one of our forwards is just the hold up man?
Yeah you're right we do need a clinical finisher up there, that can be the guy who holds it up also of course. I think Carlton Morris looks fairly clinical to me and provides the athleticism and hold up play also for example. But right now I'm not so sure we'll be buying anyone for a transfer fee the way the talk is now! If that's the case maybe Ben Brereton Diaz could be a goer on a free from Blackburn. He has pace on his side and is athletic; I think he'd stretch opponents defenders as a result. If the takeover doesn't happen then Teemu Pukki and Ben Brereton Diaz have got to be right up there as realistic signings and both free transfers. I still think Pukki has 1/2 years left in him as a decent striker even in the PL. He's gone stale at Norwich it seems.

Serie B is not a good standard, would much rather Habib Diallo

16 goals so far this season. Might not have been up to PL level but is definitely someone I’d like to see us show an interest in in the summer.

Good player.

If we signed a Finnish player i would buy a united top with his name on the back, would be the first time in a long time buying one.

Id certainly wear it when going to Huuhkajat 🇫🇮(Finland national) team games.

Back
Top Bottom