Roy's View From... View From Reading

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, didn't get back until 2:30am last night. 😴

Blaming the ref after the softest penalty all season? Okay then...

With VAR there is half a chance that gets overturned since the player goes down holding his leg.

Not sure why they are bitching about VAR for our second goal though? :confused:

Bizarre and oddball comments.

Typical Reading fans.

Better punctuality in future Roygbiv otherwise a written warning will be forthcoming.

They praised us more than some of our own fans last night did
It wasn’t a great performance by us I think we can all accept that , some good performances by some fringe / substitute players
other than that through to last 8
And hopefully a home draw

Yeah but what you been doing since then yer slacker ?

Nice stuff Weird one.

First things first. Magnificent song choice itsinyerblood will be along shortly to give chapter and verse.

A mixed bag of nothing much, but a couple have a bit of insight. onto the quarters

You'll need to re-fresh my memory SEB, but tell me exactly what it is and I hope to benefit from your comments. Agree with your comments re. Roygbiv 's choice of song, from a golden age that we'll never experience again. My favorite by the girls is 'Destination Anywhere', love that tune to death!

Not sure why they are bitching about VAR for our second goal though? :confused:

Because there was an offside immediately prior when, I think, Robinson received the ball before it eventually found its way to Freeman.

When I saw the replay I immediately said that if it had been in the PL it would have been disallowed.

"I saw Sheff Utd at Bournemouth back in August and haven’t been surprised at how well they have done-their passing is accurate but their downfall is in striking options" and they don’t make many chances but when they do they tend to take them , just like last night .” "

Spot on this fella is with this point (not the other bits). We are a top goalscorer off from being a regular top 10 side.

Trouble is that these prolific strikers cost ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ :(

Because there was an offside immediately prior when, I think, Osborn received the ball before it eventually found its way to Freeman.

When I saw the replay I immediately said that if it had been in the PL it would have been disallowed.

Stolen from SteveBlade

Robinson is well onside:

Co6zx5A.png

Thanks Weirdo - Deano won’t get picked for England because he didn’t save the penalty - that’s so bad it could have come from shoutbox last night.....😂

It would seem most of these Reading fans are new to football they did tick a few boxes but today I can't disagree with them........

“Sheffield United were bang average.” ✅
“They really are nothing special. Two poor goals conceded which was a shame because we defended well for the most part.” ✅

........... last night we were nothing special to be fair.
I don't get why the first few posters are gushing about our quality there was very little on show last night we only just did enough to win, nothing more. on that evidence a fully functioning Sheffield United would have ripped them a new arse hole. The one saying Sander Berge dictated play is just laughable he was way off the pace only his size and physicality saved him a number of times. I don't like scoring so early it seems to make our players think they can stroll around.

Then we come to the blame the ref section I'd like to think we didn't whine so much when we were up against Citeh or L.pool. Quite a few Reading players were going down like there was a sniper in the crowd and our so called Friend fell for it.

Stolen from SteveBlade

Robinson is well onside:

View attachment 72951

This was the other one they said was offside, I know I haven't paused it at the exact moment it leaves his boot but McBurnie's right foot is apparently in front of the defenders.

1583327079362.png
EDIT: Better angle below but the ball seems to go backwards to me.

1583327232257.png

Can't disagree with too much, as usual there were a few odd comments about players like Henderson flapping on crosses (when?) and how they didn't see the overlapping centre halves when JOC and Bash spent most of the game in the opposition half on the wings

Not sure they can really complain about the ref being biased, he gave far too many soft freekicks, but also should've dished out more cards... Their pen was definitely a pen so its not like they didn't get anything.

I don't recall there being any question mark over our goals. What was the infringement that they are talking about that VAR would've picked up?

This was the other one they said was offside, I know I haven't paused it at the exact moment it leaves his boot but McBurnie's right foot is apparently in front of the defenders.

View attachment 72952

View attachment 72953
It may be but it looks like McBurnie is behind the ball when it’s crossed.

View attachment 72952

View attachment 72953

If you are inline or behind the ball it isn't offside. So as we thought Reading fans just chatting bollocks.

Thanks Roy.

As others have said some very bizarre comments there, like they have a competition for the most stupid one on the night. I never knew that if a 'keeper doesn't save a pen he can't play for England, when did they bring that in then?

Thanks Roy.Some good un's there, some complimentary,some not so.
Just want to say to the Reading supporter who comments so eloquently about the 'kids at the back giving it large', judging by his grammar and spelling I'm sure I speak for all Blades in wishing him a speedy recovery from what appears to be a diblitating brain injury.
Get well soon...

Thanks Roy.

As others have said some very bizarre comments there, like they have a competition for the most stupid one on the night. I never knew that if a 'keeper doesn't save a pen he can't play for England, when did they bring that in then?
After Shilton 1990.

To be fair Hendo did get too far underneath a couple of high balls and flapped at them where if stood a yard further back he catches them easily.

Back
Top Bottom