Roy's View From... View From Reading

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You'll need to re-fresh my memory SEB, but tell me exactly what it is and I hope to benefit from your comments. Agree with your comments re. Roygbiv 's choice of song, from a golden age that we'll never experience again. My favorite by the girls is 'Destination Anywhere', love that tune to death!

As always Alf, it was all about the music. I knew you were a big on the Marvelettes and would appreciate that one. 'Destination Anywhere' is probably in the top 5 of the 60s girl group songs recorded.

Thanks Roy.Some good un's there, some complimentary,some not so.
Just want to say to the Reading supporter who comments so eloquently about the 'kids at the back giving it large', judging by his grammar and spelling I'm sure I speak for all Blades in wishing him a speedy recovery from what appears to be a diblitating brain injury.
Get well soon...
That’s very kind of you, personally I’m hoping he gets another one.

Sorry for the delay, didn't get back until 2:30am last night. 😴

You did well. Trig Jnr (TE) was only going back to Mile End by public transport and it was 1.45am for him, less than 50 miles.

Overcrowded train from Reading and by the time he got to Paddington the tube had closed, so got the night bus which apparently stops everywhere.

Cheers Panchero!

Can't believe one of their clowns is saying our fans were quiet!, watched the game on the official FA Cup stream and all you could hear were the Blades for the most part.

Cheers Roy me & you both long grip home on the back of a day on the sauce I’ve been zomiified today 😶

For the most part I pretty much agree with how they’ve called it , not really sure of their gripe with regards the ref being biased ?? Thought far from that to be honest , as for Berge pulling the strings last night & being the new Busquets .. I don’t think Busquets misplaced that many passes in his career !

Just about sums it up:

Men v Boys in the first 15-20min and I feared a spanking was in the cards, but we grew and grew into the game. I’m not sure what happened but Sheff Utd went to crap.

As always Alf, it was all about the music. I knew you were a big on the Marvelettes and would appreciate that one. 'Destination Anywhere' is probably in the top 5 of the 60s girl group songs recorded.

Given the thread slightly off topic but I'm sure we haven't caused too much mayhem...........I know you and I have discussed matters musical at some length, but as someone who lived through the creative revolution that happened during the 1960s, with hindsight it seems even more spectacular now. I think that if you live through a magical period such as the 60s you often don't appreciate what's happening, but reflection enabled the joining up of dots to make sense of what came to be.

I won't bore you with a history lesson, you'll know the connections as much, if not more, than I do. Of course the whole 'youth culture' thing really began during the 1950s, but one thing we Brits embraced was the tribal aspects of what it means to be a teenager. There were the Teds - I happened to be at a show given by the great Little Richard, it was either Lewisham or Woolwich, forgive my memory, these days it has all the reliability of a sieve - the audience was predominantly Teddy boys and were there to worship their hero, who was magnificent in only the way that his campness could deliver. As an aside, arguably one of my favourite LR tracks is on Okeh, "I don't want to discuss it", if you don't know this check it out.

Returning to the 60s, the proliferation of great and superb writing, allied to what I suppose you might call the golden age of popular music, was such that it became commonplace, to the point where it was an expectation that what we heard was the 'norm'. Now of course, even with my ongoing love of the black musical form, I can see that the quality of writing, whilst sometimes great, isn't generally on the same high level as that of the 1960s craftsmen and craftswomen such as; Laura Nyro, Smokey Robinson, Van McCoy, Smith, Davis, and Miner (Chess Records), Bert Berns, Carole King, Teddy Randazzo, Larry Banks, and these are merely the icing on a very large creative cake.

I know I've mentioned it before, but when you happen to visit Sheffield spare some time so that we can meet, have a drink, and we can chat about music and the Blades.

You did well. Trig Jnr (TE) was only going back to Mile End by public transport and it was 1.45am for him, less than 50 miles.

Overcrowded train from Reading and by the time he got to Paddington the tube had closed, so got the night bus which apparently stops everywhere.

He should be grateful. That late arrival means less time spent in Mile End.

Thanks Roy.Some good un's there, some complimentary,some not so.
Just want to say to the Reading supporter who comments so eloquently about the 'kids at the back giving it large', judging by his grammar and spelling I'm sure I speak for all Blades in wishing him a speedy recovery from what appears to be a diblitating brain injury.
Get well soon...
Lord Pillock of Pitsmoor and a couple of his mates.

So a couple Reading fans don’t rate Henderson on that performance. (?)

Some of those comments are really out there and wacky, bizarre bunch.
Hard to see Henderson at his best if the opposition don't give him anything to do!

Prefer The Shirelles and Flirtations , but nothing compares to When You're Young And In Love.

Cheers Panchero!

Can't believe one of their clowns is saying our fans were quiet!, watched the game on the official FA Cup stream and all you could hear were the Blades for the most part.
Ooops, you'll upset some certain fans on here.

Cheers Panchero!

I’ve watched them on the BBC website (yes, it was a mistake, I was looking for big black cocks) and when Billy scores it sounds like the home fans it’s that loud.

Stolen from SteveBlade

Robinson is well onside:

View attachment 72951
Not if you remove the two reading defenders.
This was the other one they said was offside, I know I haven't paused it at the exact moment it leaves his boot but McBurnie's right foot is apparently in front of the defenders.

View attachment 72952
EDIT: Better angle below but the ball seems to go backwards to me.

View attachment 72953
Don't think it matters if McB is in front of the defenders here, he's not in front of Robinson.

Hilarious that they slag the ref off when he was the only reason they made a game of it.

Always preferred The Shirelles and Flirtations,proper bands, more fans, looking forward to seeing them back in the top 10 where they belong.

Slightly edited to be more in keeping with what we're used to hearing..... 😉

Back
Top Bottom