Roy's View From... View From Man Utd

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Thanks Roy. The only thing thats cheered me up is that the line "It's Sheffield United,it's nothing to be proud of" works well if you sing it as the chorus of Prince Charming by Adam & The Ants.
Apart from that, it's business as usual as regards the comments

They’re right

We’re shit and we hate the ball

If they couldn’t thrash us with their resources then their manager deserves sacking .

We’re in a fkin terrible state

Jeez, how many of them have ever been near Manchester?!
I've seen Utd play twice at Old Trafford, both cup semi finals. That's the same amount of times,if not more, than a very close blood relative who's a Man Utd "fan" not supporter, there's a big difference for me. Doesn't stop him being an expert on all things Manchester though so long as he's drip fed shit by the media so he can keep up.
On the plus side he's well aware of my thoughts so knows better than to talk football around me.

Man United are a funny one, aren't they?

They've managed to build a very beige side - bland, uninspiring, with very few world class players if any, and very few players who would get into the top 4 sides' starting XIs. They have little personality or character, unlike the Man United of old and they have very little discernable play style.

Yet at the same time, they've managed to make themselves very dislikeable.

It's actually quite impressive.

Thanks Roy. The only thing thats cheered me up is that the line "It's Sheffield United,it's nothing to be proud of" works well if you sing it as the chorus of Prince Charming by Adam & The Ants.
Cant get that out of my head now.
We’re shit and we hate the ball

Another great song there to sing too.

Thanks Roy.

I like the comment about that we didn't even press, despite our first goal coming from a press

I hope that's started something!

But on reflection it won't be possible because, of course, "Prince Charming" is a direct rip-off of the 1963 song "War Canoe" released by Rolf Harris, and as we're all well aware anything by Rolf Harris has to be summarily destroyed at the Sheffield Archives.

I hope that's started something!

But on reflection it won't be possible because, of course, "Prince Charming" is a direct rip-off of the 1963 song "War Canoe" released by Rolf Harris, and as we're all well aware anything by Rolf Harris has to be summarily destroyed at the Sheffield Archives.
I never knew that!
Obviously now it has to be buried in concrete and we shall never mention it again

Cheers roy, that comment about us not liking the ball is so true, we treat it as a hot potato

Back
Top Bottom