Roy's View From... View From Chelsea

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And they say they’ve never been that bad.

That’s not that long ago!

8,923 – Chelsea v Coventry, May 4, 1994

Chelsea haven’t always been one of the superpowers of European football and before the Abramovich era, times were quite hard at Stamford Bridge in the early days of the Premier League.

With a capacity of around 36,000, the west London venue wasn’t the smallest in the English top flight but the Blues regularly struggled to fill the ground.

An average attendance of 18,787 in the 1992-93 season was an improvement at the time when the club was often stuck in the old second division.

Things improved with the start of the Premier League but a lack of success in the 1993-94 campaign saw just under 9,000 people turn up to watch Chelsea lose 2-1 at home to Coventry with the season drawing to a close.

Not long after, the cash was being splashed by the Blues’ new billionaire owner to see Chelsea grow into the European giant they are today.

Quote article-Rob Eddy 14-9-22

More Chelsea fans in town than any other team this season I reckon.

Both sets of fans united in there hate of Klopp was funny.

Imagine their meltdown If we’d won.
back to the Championship we go, but I will miss reading the premier league of fans bitter comments.
The only trophy they'll win is for being the club with the largest sense of entitlement to visit us so far

Imagine their meltdown If we’d won.
back to the Championship we go, but I will miss reading the premier league of fans bitter comments.
The only trophy they'll win is for being the club with the largest sense of entitlement to visit us so far
Don't agree mate. Plenty of their fans are saying we had more chances, played them off the park etc. Compared to a lot of other fans they've given us more credit than I expected.

Having said that I'd feel slightly entitled if I'd spent £1bn on players !

However their biggest problem is that they are in a 'Danny Wilson' situation. Poch will always be a Spurs man and most of them want him out because of thst.

Wasn’t the Nicholas Jackson one where he dived

The tackle on Palmer seemed to be a reminder to Palmer that Robinson was still there… seemed to be a hard tackle but not a red for me.

Abel’s leap down the side lines where he won the ball looked far closer to the line if he’d caught the lad at all he’d have been off as both feet were off the ground. Turned out to be very well timed

I presume she's one of those ladies who are often photographed without any trousers on then.
I wouldnt know as i never googled her :rolleyes: and ive just pressed delete. Im told by someone who knowssuch things, she often likes to show her classo_O

Wasn’t the Nicholas Jackson one where he dived

The tackle on Palmer seemed to be a reminder to Palmer that Robinson was still there… seemed to be a hard tackle but not a red for me.

Abel’s leap down the side lines where he won the ball looked far closer to the line if he’d caught the lad at all he’d have been off as both feet were off the ground. Turned out to be very well timed

Didn't someone in the Anel thread indicate that he didn't win the ball either? If you're leaping in with a challenge that's so badly mistimed you don't get a bit of anything, that seems to me to be pretty much the definition of reckless...

Didn't someone in the Anel thread indicate that he didn't win the ball either? If you're leaping in with a challenge that's so badly mistimed you don't get a bit of anything, that seems to me to be pretty much the definition of reckless...

He missed everything with that tackle. The Chelsea lad just skipped past him.

I think Anel wanted to do a Robbo tackle but seemed more likely to take out the ball boy than anything else. 🤣

He missed everything with that tackle. The Chelsea lad just skipped past him.

I think Anel wanted to do a Robbo tackle but seemed more likely to take out the ball boy than anything else. 🤣

A red card for cleaning out a ball boy wouldn't have been on my 23/24 bingo card that's for sure

A red card for cleaning out a ball boy wouldn't have been on my 23/24 bingo card that's for sure

It's not been done since Eden Hazard kicked that Swansea ball boy.

Oh well. At least their kit was nice 😁😇

Doesn't half make me chuckle when you get absolutely spanked to bits in the days leading up to match day by "fans" abroad with broken English and then get to watch them cry afterwards. By far one of the most annoying things about social media in the Premier League.

1712572194283.png
1712572207382.png
1712572219833.png
1712572233005.png
1712572258977.png
1712572283262.png

That was an enjoyable read.
Also, surely they can't sing 'Come to see the Chelsea, you've only come to see the Chelsea' followed by 'They're here, they're there, they're every fucking where, empty seats, empty seats.'

Back
Top Bottom