Outgoing? Verrips?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Played in a pre season friendly against Stoke did well that night
Went on loan to Scunthorpe he would have ended up their player of the year if Wilder wouldn’t have dragged him.
Got a freak injury at Kilmarnock
The kid needs a break he’s a good keeper
Been their player of the year based on what? He’s 23 now, he’s done nothing

FC Eminem

Hey Verrips
Why are you so mad?
We only signed you because the fans were sad
Because we didnt have no foreign lads
We thought you’d fill the gap
Not saying you were crap
But you took a slap
Off Kean Bryans ass
And now your gone
And we’ve got Foderingham

*Cue Dido....

FC Eminem

Hey Verrips
Why are you so mad?
We only signed you because the fans were sad
Because we didnt have no foreign lads
We thought you’d fill the gap
Not saying you were crap
But you took a slap
Off Kean Bryans ass
And now your gone
And we’ve got Foderingham

*Cue Dido....

Excellent.

Makes sense. He needs to be playing at his age. Hopefully comes back and pushes Ramsdale. We need strong completion between the sticks. In fact I don’t think we’ve seen that since Kelly/Tracy in the 90’s

Been their player of the year based on what? He’s 23 now, he’s done nothing
I’ve got a mate who’s a Scunny fan he raved about him.
I saw him quite a few times for the U23s then I watched him in that Stoke friendly and was impressed.
Hes just gone to Grimsby so we shall see

Heaton would've been a great signing, cant see him getting a game at villa! Doubt were going to drop a 18.5m goalkeeper though...

His remarkable impact at Emmen continues.

They won again just now, against 8th place Heracles and have now moved out of the relegation slots up to 16th from being seemingly dead and buried. They lost his first 2 games narrowly but have been unbeaten in the last 8 and have gone from shipping almost 2.5 goal per game down to a single goal conceded per game.

Their record pre his arrival:
P20 W0 D6 L14 F17 A49 Pts6 PPG0.3

Post his arrival:
P10 W5 D3 L2 F16 A10 Pts18 PPG1.8

Ramsdale has improved immeasurably in 2021 and it would be a pity if he was one who ended up moving however it is encouraging that Verrips seems to be showing a huge impact during his loan spell.

He'll get some practice next week - they are away at Ajax!

His remarkable impact at Emmen continues.

They won again just now, against 8th place Heracles and have now moved out of the relegation slots up to 16th from being seemingly dead and buried. They lost his first 2 games narrowly but have been unbeaten in the last 8 and have gone from shipping almost 2.5 goal per game down to a single goal conceded per game.

Their record pre his arrival:
P20 W0 D6 L14 F17 A49 Pts6 PPG0.3

Post his arrival:
P10 W5 D3 L2 F16 A10 Pts18 PPG1.8

Ramsdale has improved immeasurably in 2021 and it would be a pity if he was one who ended up moving however it is encouraging that Verrips seems to be showing a huge impact during his loan spell.

He'll get some practice next week - they are away at Ajax!

I'd like our number 1 and 2 to be Rammers and Verrips.

What is Verrips' distribution like? Whilst Ramsdale is now making the saves you'd expect him to make, which is good, his kicking is still abysmal.

It would make a lot of sense for Verrips to be tested in the Championship next season.
Nothing against Rambo.

UTB

Now that Verrips has had good run in first team action, I can't see him settling for being understoody to Rammers and sitting on the bench for most of next season. He should have been given a chance as soon as he joined us and was cleared to play. As he seemed to have been messed around by us since joining, I can't see him having any affiliation to us.

Verrips is an odd performed well and been highly rated abroad never had a sniff at United. I can’t believe he’s worse than Foderingham so perhaps he just can’t settle here.

Verrips is an odd performed well and been highly rated abroad never had a sniff at United. I can’t believe he’s worse than Foderingham so perhaps he just can’t settle here.
I think it's pretty obvious what happened with Verrips. He wasn't identified by Chris, but by Van Winkle, and whilst Chris tolerated JVW's presence on the transfer committee he wasn't prepared to give much airtime to justifying his recommendations.

How else do you explain his omission v Man U after restart or in the league cup? CW had only 12 months before his signing deemed Simon Moore not good enough for the level below. Yet he somehow got the nod.

He's one of those that may benefit from the manager change. He should have been given more opportunity and whilst you can argue that persevering with Rammers is now paying dividends, if he'd have been rested after his early start, on performances alone it would have not been unreasonable.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty obvious what happened with Verrips. He wasn't identified by Chris, but by Van Winkle, and whilst Chris tolerated JVW's presence on the transfer committee he wasn't prepared to give much airtime to justifying his recommendations.

How else do you explain his omission v Man U after restart or in the league cup? CW had only 12 months before his signing deemed Simon Moore not good enough for the level below. Yet he somehow got the nod.

He's one of those that may benefit from the manager change. He should have been given more opportunity and whilst you can argue that persevering with Rammers is now paying dividends, if he'd have been rested after his early start, on performances alone it would have not been unreasonable.

Agree CB - I always suspected that to be the case with Retsos as well. CW certainly was a stubborn old goat.

TBH - I'd be very surprised if Verrips wanted to return unless he received assurances that he would get regular starts. Shame if so as by all accounts he's better than WF and certainly better than SM (although I've seen traffic cones that are better keepers than SM!).

I think he definitely wasn’t a wilder pick but to put him behind Foderingham just because of that would be negligence.

Slightly off topic, but what’s happening to Simon Moore?.....

Haven't heard about him in ages

Back
Top Bottom