Outgoing? Verrips?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I believe Eastwood and Moore are out of contract in the summer. If Verrips leaves, we just have Ramsdale and Foderingham (signed on a 3 year contract!!!). I'm guessing Dewhurst will replace Eastwood as the up and coming keeper.
Eastwood was doing well at Scunthorpe before CW dragged him back

I'll be round after my morning cuppa:-

View attachment 103965
We need a proper sort out if thd goalkeeping department at SUFC this summer.

Out should go, Verrips, Moore, and Foderingham (maybe Eastwood too). In should come another decent experienced keeper who can provide competition Ramsdale and put an arm around his shoulder to help him and coach him.
Let’s face it if Rammers hadn’t cost what he did he would at worst being moved on and at best dropping down to the bench for a better player.

One of those two need to happen in the summer.

We need a proper sort out if thd goalkeeping department at SUFC this summer.

Out should go, Verrips, Moore, and Foderingham (maybe Eastwood too). In should come another decent experienced keeper who can provide competition Ramsdale and put an arm around his shoulder to help him and coach him.
Two of the other senior keepers will go out of verrips, Moore and Foderingham one will stay as wilder has liked to have 3 senior keepers through his time here. Eastwood will be moved on he’s older than ramsdale and not a kid anymore he needs to build himself a career and we can’t block the path of dewhurst and amissah. Then yeah we should be looking at bringing in a very experienced deputy.

He’s never looked the same player since Kean Bryan kneed him in the chin. It’s a shame because you could see from those 25 minutes that he was destined for great things. These things happen.

Reactions: Dkc
Two of the other senior keepers will go out of verrips, Moore and Foderingham one will stay as wilder has liked to have 3 senior keepers through his time here. Eastwood will be moved on he’s older than ramsdale and not a kid anymore he needs to build himself a career and we can’t block the path of dewhurst and amissah. Then yeah we should be looking at bringing in a very experienced deputy.
think we need a keeper to challenge rammy next season yogi this is the problem weve nobody good enough to push him

think we need a keeper to challenge rammy next season yogi this is the problem weve nobody good enough to push him
I agree but that keeper should be an older head who’s been there done it all who can help ramsdale as well as compete with him.

I agree but that keeper should be an older head who’s been there done it all who can help ramsdale as well as compete with him.
yeah maybe but we need 1 new keeper whos good enough to push rammy for his spot next season not 3 or 4 back up keepers think weve more goalkeepers than midfielders

And yet many in here have been shouting from the rooftops that Verrips should be given a chance despite not having seen him play or watched him training. Leave the decision to Wilder and the coaching staff
This part is going terribly.

yeah maybe but we need 1 new keeper whos good enough to push rammy for his spot next season not 3 or 4 back up keepers think weve more goalkeepers than midfielders
I agree I’m not saying bring in an old head who’s past it but one who probably has another 1-2 years at a high level but long term ramsdale is going to our keeper just based on sunk cost in terms of fee spent so having someone who could be a number 1 aswell as help him is important.

I agree I’m not saying bring in an old head who’s past it but one who probably has another 1-2 years at a high level but long term ramsdale is going to our keeper just based on sunk cost in terms of fee spent so having someone who could be a number 1 aswell as help him is important.

The wages of Moore, Foderingham and Verrips would probably pay for the post-injury Tom Heaton to be honest.

The wages of Moore, Foderingham and Verrips would probably pay for the post-injury Tom Heaton to be honest.
I’d like heaton a lot he seems to tick a lot of boxes if he’s still got the fire in his belly to play and not go off and do punditry.

thats a good shout that is chad although surely a premier league club would be in for him what about etheridge whats he up to these days ?

Jake Eastwood is not a poor keeper he’ll be going out on loan again to further his development same with Dewhurst

Apologies, they weren't in my thoughts. I was referring to our senior keepers; Ramsdale, Moore, Foderingham & Verrips.

True but we'd have to have found someone to take Moore and Verrips off our hands in the summer. It's the Foderingham signing I don't get; he's nowhere near good enough but we seemingly panicked and signed League One Wes on a three year deal in the summer. He's not sufficiently better than Moore to justify having them both on the books.

Jake Eastwood is not a poor keeper he’ll be going out on loan again to further his development same with Dewhurst
To be fair Jake Eastwood is older than both Ramsdale and Verrips, so if he's any good why is he behind them in the pecking order and still requiring development? I have no idea because I've never seen the kid play but it doesn't seem like he's going to be our keeper any time soon.

To be fair Jake Eastwood is older than both Ramsdale and Verrips, so if he's any good why is he behind them in the pecking order and still requiring development? I have no idea because I've never seen the kid play but it doesn't seem like he's going to be our keeper any time soon.

Think he got a bad injury on loan at Kilmarnock, no idea how he's progressing from that TBH

Came on as sub after Moore got sent off at Wolves in February 2018. His first touch of the ball was to pick it out of the net.

Think he got a bad injury on loan at Kilmarnock, no idea how he's progressing from that TBH
Played in a pre season friendly against Stoke did well that night
Went on loan to Scunthorpe he would have ended up their player of the year if Wilder wouldn’t have dragged him.
Got a freak injury at Kilmarnock
The kid needs a break he’s a good keeper

Back
Top Bottom