Transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone thinking the best way to sort the mess created by the summers inept transfer policy is to save any spending for the summer is seriously wrong.

It would be a huge error to stick with this lot and carry on with the trajectory we have set and drag the club and its performances lower still, then bringing in pretty much a new squad over the summer for a tilt at getting up again.
Why? Well it’s obvious the Prince will still be the owner. Signing players is slow…it drags…we haggle like a third world market stall holder and on that basis alone would end up in the same boat as we were in the summer. Unprepared for the start of the season, with a squad of unfit players.

We HAVE to start now. We need to get in as many as we can next month and move on as many as the manager has identified as not being good enough going forwards.

I’m really hoping we are looking at 2 keepers (one now, one in summer)
Left and right full back- this depends on contracts and the returning ability of RND.
Centre half- Anel is good enough, but Robbonis nothing more than a kick it and clear it defender. We need much better. We need replacements for Egan & Bash
Centre Mid- I would send McAtee back. He can’t keep us up, and won’t be a permanent signing. Get someone in to replace him we will be keeping. Fleck/Ozzy/Norwood need moving on. So 3 in there.
Striker- we lose Archer. McB isn’t fit enough and injury prone. Need at least 2 strikers.

So bare minimum in my opinion we need 11 in for next season. 5 now, 6 in the summer.
Bin all the loans we currently have so we can secure some new loans to add to a few purchases, but the take crucial those loans are with future purchase options agreed.

It’s a huge mess, I’m not sure we have the scouting and recruitment team up to it. If not we need to spend as much as we can in getting that right NOW…and taking them with getting those targets we need in the summer ready.

Write the season off…we are done.
It’s a rebuild from today for the championship and aim of making us competitive
I think your bang on mate, but I've more chance of winning the lottery than this happening, the owner doesn't give a fuck !!

Need a refresh old man time has come. 1 year extensions were given this season for experienced players who should have been moved trouble is they are a year older legs have gone, speed of thought slowed, getting caught ,passing .silly yellows time to move the grandad favorites out .We need athletic strong players not players living on their past deeds. All the experience in Sharp Hecky didn't keep him, but others were kept on one year extension who should have followed him. Look where it got us.

Need a refresh old man time has come. 1 year extensions were given this season for experienced players who should have been moved trouble is they are a year older legs have gone, speed of thought slowed, getting caught ,passing .silly yellows time to move the grandad favorites out .We need athletic strong players not players living on their past deeds. All the experience in Sharp Hecky didn't keep him, but others were kept on one year extension who should have followed him. Look where it got us.
Exactly! Look at Luton for young fast energetic players. Luton will likely finish above us and Burnely with a good chance of just stopping up.

The midfield needs a good shake up in terms of creativity & ball carriers , the side we finished the last 3 months of last season with had Doyle , McAtee , Berge & of Ndiaye all very comfortable in possession & capable carrying the ball we just haven’t got that now having lost 3 of the 4 here and replaced them with defensive midfielders.
If we’re re- building a flair /maverick in the Duffy / Ndiaye mould I’d go for Ilias Chair at QPR / Szmodics at Blackburn or Liam Millar at Preston & maybe the loan market for another ,
For a centre back I’d want Soutar who’s at Leicester & isn’t getting much game time under new manager , at Stoke played well against us .
For a keeper Johsnson at Rothm , very good keeper or Lee Nichols at Huddersfield.
Up top we need 2 strikers with physical presence someone like Keenan Davis who Forest had a couple of seasons ago , at Udinese and not seeming to be involved ( unless injured ) or a like .
All wishful thinking but hey ho ⚔️

Whatever the number of players we need to bring in, we HAVE to start to become a club that buys players for £X and ultimately sells them on at 2/3/4 times £X.

Fundamental to success on and off the pitch.

Really don’t care how this is done, be it more overseas than before. But when you buy players and profit from them, it’s a given that they MUST have performed.

Win / Win.

That’s the blueprint. Go do it !!!

UTB

Whatever the number of players we need to bring in, we HAVE to start to become a club that buys players for £X and ultimately sells them on at 2/3/4 times £X.

Fundamental to success on and off the pitch.

Really don’t care how this is done, be it more overseas than before. But when you buy players and profit from them, it’s a given that they MUST have performed.

Win / Win.

That’s the blueprint. Go do it !!!

UTB
Only problem is that there are thousands of other clubs around the world trying to do the same, whilst also trying to pay as little as possible for players at the same time.

Aye
But
Didn’t Bettis say that if (when) relegated we’d need to make a (major) sale ?
Your “spine”contains the most saleable assets bar Anel (& ‘furious ?) although on recent ‘performances’ we can’t expect vast amounts for either
He may have done

I did miss off Anel & GB, mainly because on current form Anel wouldn’t be an untouchable, likewise Egan and Baldocks powers are waining so probs ok for next season but with an understudy been blooded

Rather than 1 £15-20m man, maybe we could move out a few?
If Jebbo & McB aren’t signing get some coin for them in JTW

If we then sold Anel (£4m), Egan(£2m) Lowe (£2m), Norwood & Osborn (£1m each), that’s got to be £10m?

Lose the deadwood in the summer and use Peck, One, Buyabu & Sekiri plus a few decent signing reckon we’d be reight

He may have done

I did miss off Anel & GB, mainly because on current form Anel wouldn’t be an untouchable, likewise Egan and Baldocks powers are waining so probs ok for next season but with an understudy been blooded

Rather than 1 £15-20m man, maybe we could move out a few?
If Jebbo & McB aren’t signing get some coin for them in JTW

If we then sold Anel (£4m), Egan(£2m) Lowe (£2m), Norwood & Osborn (£1m each), that’s got to be £10m?

Lose the deadwood in the summer and use Peck, One, Buyabu & Sekiri plus a few decent signing reckon we’d be reight
Agree with most of your post… but I’d want a lot more for Anel

On blades commentary they said its a buy back for what we paid which means we will have some money to use. Although knowing us, that return won't happen until transfer window is closed...
Doubt we paid it all upfront, it’s a FFP swiz for Villa. Personally doubt any significant funds changed hands just a small initial fee.
If we keep him we have to find £18-20m or whatever it was.

Agree with most of your post… but I’d want a lot more for Anel
I don’t see anyone buying Anel in the summer for anything like those figures you’d want for him. He’s just not performed to that level so will be behind other foreign players yet to prove themselves in the PL.
If we’re desperate, and given the approach to transfers so far I would hope not, then maybe one of the relegated teams like Burnley takes a punt.
For me he has to be kept for next season where we know he can perform to a high standard and believe he can improve further. Him and Trusty makes sense as the bedrock of a new defence and you build from there. Then you have a choice to make with Baldock and RND/Lowe.

Doesn't sound like anything lined up early doors or agreed with yet. Doesn't sound like any concrete plans agreed with the board either. Nice and casual as per normal.

Just listened to the prematch interview with CW on Blades Heaven. Far from 'nice and casual' and a further conversation between CW and PA is happening today.
Also, Egan and Tom Davies back training

Doubt we paid it all upfront, it’s a FFP swiz for Villa. Personally doubt any significant funds changed hands just a small initial fee.
If we keep him we have to find £18-20m or whatever it was.
Think it's two 9 m payments from memory
One if we go down so it's possible we keep him and pay the 9m

Think it's two 9 m payments from memory
One if we go down so it's possible we keep him and pay the 9m
Interesting, that would be a surprise but it’s still a sizeable chunk for next season that £9m. If we think he’s going to be a 25-30 goal forward for us next year (scoring and assists) it’s certainly a consideration.

I can see your point but it's much more certain we're going down now whereas if we'd beaten villa and Luton then we could have had players willing to gamble on the chance we might stay up. Now any decent championship player will surely think I'll stay with current team because even if that team isn't going to go up he could still get a move to one of the promoted teams.

Players coming may well have been loans from abroad anyway who will still want to come but they'll likely only be on loan and then join another team next season that does stay up rather than playing championship football with us next season.
A business and life decision based on a gamble of a team finishing 20th who got tanned by pretty much everyone until 3 weeks ago.

I would be questioning there mental state.

Just listened to the prematch interview with CW on Blades Heaven. Far from 'nice and casual' and a further conversation between CW and PA is happening today.
Also, Egan and Tom Davies back training
Having just heard the interview too the fact there is no set plan right now is a little disappointing.

I don’t see anyone buying Anel in the summer for anything like those figures you’d want for him. He’s just not performed to that level so will be behind other foreign players yet to prove themselves in the PL.
If we’re desperate, and given the approach to transfers so far I would hope not, then maybe one of the relegated teams like Burnley takes a punt.
For me he has to be kept for next season where we know he can perform to a high standard and believe he can improve further. Him and Trusty makes sense as the bedrock of a new defence and you build from there. Then you have a choice to make with Baldock and RND/Lowe.
If you want me to give a figure I’d say he’s worth 10-12 at least! He’s performed really well on an international level, in the championship and at times in the PL. He’s a good age and has time left on his contract.

I would like to see him stay myself and I like the idea of him and Trusty forming a long term partnership.
I just don’t think he’ll want to slip back down to the championship with us. He made it quite clear that we were a stepping stone so that’s what I’m basing this on.

If you want me to give a figure I’d say he’s worth 10-12 at least! He’s performed really well on an international level, in the championship and at times in the PL. He’s a good age and has time left on his contract.

I would like to see him stay myself and I like the idea of him and Trusty forming a long term partnership.
I just don’t think he’ll want to slip back down to the championship with us. He made it quite clear that we were a stepping stone so that’s what I’m basing this on.
I think there’s zero chance of us getting anything close to that given his performances in the PL. If he wants a stepping stone, he needs to step up his performances and he’ll need to come down with us to prove that.

£10m for a good championship defender?

He’s not good enough for the PL, not yet anyway.

Hes missed his stepping stone. If someone come anywhere near £10m I would drive him there.

Regarding this meeting with PA and transfer targets. Where are all of the ITKers and their info? 🤷🏼‍♂️

We are usually awash with info at this stage. Has CW nailed the ITKers?

£10m for a good championship defender?

He’s not good enough for the PL, not yet anyway.

Hes missed his stepping stone. If someone come anywhere near £10m I would drive him there.
He was an excellent Championship defender, he’s performed to a good standard at international level and has the potential to be a good PL defender.
10 mil at least for me. I’d be disappointed if he left for anything less. Mind you we’d save some money on petrol so swings and roundabouts 🤣

Back
Top Bottom