Transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No point spunking moneh next month for no reason with the premium of us being a premier league club. Gerrit saved for championship.

It's not really an either or Imo. If there's permanent signings of the required quality available on affordable financial packages in any window, bring them in. We should always be trying to pick up bargains. I wouldn't be spunking moneh on short term expensive loans.

Same goes for outs. If we can get the surplus out now, start rebuilding asap. Get players integrated, build the style of play etc.

Egan and Bogle are probably the only ones for me. Egan is a solid Championship defender and I do think Bogle has something to offer at that level too.

The rest are either old as fuck, injured or havent done enough this season to make me think they will be good enough for us next season.

Not sure how good this Amissah could be but as it stands we’d be letting three keepers go. Might be worth keeping him as a backup. Happily let the other 2 fuck off.
Egan was shite prior to injury and is getting old slow and a poor passer along with Bogle ( injury prone ) weak defending you just keep them ..wow

Players needed imo. This is presuming the renewals sign on reasonable Champ level wages. If they won't, fuck them off.

1 x new goalkeeper, 2 x new LWB (1 if we have sufficient faith in Boyes/Nozza's physical condition) , 2 x centre midfield, 1x attacking midfielder; 2 x striker.

Team:

New GK. Wes as backup.

Defence: Baldock/Bogle; Anel, Egan/Trusty/Robbo/new;
1x New LWB and Nozza/Boyes (if ready). If Nozza's no good we need two

Midfield: Vini, Hamer, Arblaster, Brooks, Davies (indifferent to him staying). 1 or 2 x new mids depending on Davies. Peck could play a part?

A ten to compete with Slimane.

Mcburnie, Osula, 2x new.

Outs: Archer (no choice), Mcatee, Larouci, Thomas, Lowe, Basham, Adam Davies, Brewster (probably loan), Jebbison (shame), Traore (loan), Osborn, Coulibaly, Norwood (not surprised either way), Tom Davies (see Norwood).

I hope Bash gets an amazing testimonial and the players come back with much better conditioning.

Last edited:
Players needed imo. This is presuming the renewals sign on reasonable Champ level wages. If they won't, fuck them off.

1 x new goalkeeper, 2 x new LWB (1 if we have sufficient faith in Boyes/Nozza's physical condition) , 2 x centre midfield, 1x attacking midfielder; 2 x striker.

Team:

New GK. Wes as backup.

Midfield: Vini, Hamer, Arblaster, Brooks, Davies (indifferent to him staying). 1 or 2 x new mids depending on Davies. Peck could play a part?

Mcburnie, Osula, 2x new.

Outs: Archer (no choice), Mcatee, Larouci, Thomas, Lowe, Basham, Adam Davies, Brewster (probably loan), Jebbison (shame), Traore, Osborn, Coulibaly, Norwood (not surprised either way), Tom Davies (see Norwood).

I hope Bash gets an amazing testimonial and the players come back with much better conditioning.

Surprised you would give Brewster a loan but not Traore 🤷‍♂️

Vini Souza will be the best midfielder in the Championship next season. We need to build the team around him so he can work 18 yard line to 18 yard line and have quality support in the middle of the park.

The engine room of any team is midfield and that's where our priority should be for next season.

toledo
Not the most gifted Brazilian born player! Gives it his best shot and its clear to see he wants to be a leader the way he steps in when things erupt (brawl).
He must have wondered what he'd walked into during Heckies time this season, I think CW will be well aware of his leadership qualities.Leaders don't have to be captain or quality players what they bring is a winning mentally,
Chris Morgan a good example accepted he was captain.

Team:

New GK. Wes as backup.

Mcburnie, Osula, 2x new.

Outs: Archer (no choice), Mcatee, Larouci, Thomas, Lowe, Basham, Adam Davies, Brewster (probably loan), Jebbison (shame), Traore (loan), Osborn, Coulibaly, Norwood (not surprised either way), Tom Davies (see Norwood).

Think this is spot on.

If we go down, will be a real shame to lose archer & mcatee (decent mid-table prem quality).

RND could join that list, but no club will take a risk on him so soon after bad injury(s).

Think osula and jebbi are also prem quality for the future, but need a couple of seasons of 1st team experience and scoring 20+

Not the most gifted Brazilian born player! Gives it his best shot and its clear to see he wants to be a leader the way he steps in when things erupt (brawl).
He must have wondered what he'd walked into during Heckies time this season, I think CW will be well aware of his leadership qualities.Leaders don't have to be captain or quality players what they bring is a winning mentally,
Chris Morgan a good example accepted he was captain.
Think vini is a great player at what he does. Would dominate champ teams.

Like how he turns with the ball and tries to make angles / space to find a pass.

Needs to work on his first touch and close control

Edited, cheers. Not writing him off yet. Great attitude and has a bit about him. It wouldn't surprise me if he's still here due to lack of £. He might be the shock of the season. He's been written off too early imo.
Sooooo want Brewster to get fit and have a good run of games to prove himself, either way! Has great potential, but we've been saying that for several years :(

I worry that after today's results Wilder's transfer plans will be reduced both in terms of the budget given and also the willingness of players coming given we look almost relegated already. I can't see many decent championship players wanting to come as they may as well wait to see what their options are in the summer, which may be better than joining us, and then likely ending up back in the championship next season if they join us.
I don’t think anyone was signing for us expecting us to stay up. They are signing now to try and get promotion next season.

Think vini is a great player at what he does. Would dominate champ teams.

Like how he turns with the ball and tries to make angles / space to find a pass.

Needs to work on his first touch and close control
When he just ran the ball out of play 😂

I don’t think anyone was signing for us expecting us to stay up. They are signing now to try and get promotion next season.
I can see your point but it's much more certain we're going down now whereas if we'd beaten villa and Luton then we could have had players willing to gamble on the chance we might stay up. Now any decent championship player will surely think I'll stay with current team because even if that team isn't going to go up he could still get a move to one of the promoted teams.

Players coming may well have been loans from abroad anyway who will still want to come but they'll likely only be on loan and then join another team next season that does stay up rather than playing championship football with us next season.

Oh I’m sure the owners gonna do a full about turn & supply the manager with a massive January war chest ! …not to mention they’ll be clubs galore banging on Wilders door wanting to raid our talent pool 👊👊👊

We need to build a team that can bounce straight back up.

Defensively

RB - Baldock - 1 more year, experience
RB - Bogle
RB - Seriki

CB - Trusty
CB - Anel
CB - Egan - 1 more year, experience
CB - New CB
CB - New CB

LB - RND
LB - Robinson - 1 more year, experience
LB - New LB

Central

MID - Souza
MID - Hamer
MID - Norwood - 1 more year, experience
MID - Brooks
MID - Slimane
MID - New attacking midfielder

Attacking

STR - Archer (or 20 million back)
STR - McBurnie, 2 years, experience
STR - Osula
STR - Benie
STR - Brewster (unpopular but only if fit)
STR - New Striker
STR - New Striker

Defensively

RB - Bogle
RB - Seriki

CB - Trusty
CB - Anel
CB - New CB
CB - New CB

LB - RND
LB - New LB

Central

MID - Souza
MID - Hamer
MID - Brooks
MID - Slimane

Attacking

STR - Osula
STR - Benie
STR - New Striker
STR - New Striker
And a GK that doesn’t give points away every single game?

Defensively

RB - Bogle
RB - Seriki

CB - Trusty
CB - Anel
CB - New CB
CB - New CB

LB - RND
LB - New LB

Central

MID - Souza
MID - Hamer
MID - Brooks
MID - Slimane

Attacking

STR - Osula
STR - Benie
STR - New Striker
STR - New Striker
You can add Boyes, Arblaster & potentially Buyabu into that list.

We need to build a team that can bounce straight back up. It doesn’t account for keepers because I’ve got no bloody clue what we should do for champ level.

Defensively

RB - Bogle
RB - New RB

CB - Trusty
CB - Anel
CB - New CB
CB - New CB

LB - RND
LB - Larouci

Central

MID - Souza
MID - Hamer
MID - Brooks
MID - Slimane
MID - Davies
MID - New attacking midfielder (marsh?)

Attacking

STR - Osula
STR - Benie
STR - New Striker
STR - New Striker

7 Needed.

8 Departing. Fleck, Coulibaly, Basham, McAtee, Osborn, Jebbison, Lowe, Thomas.

Loan out - Seriki, Arblaster, Peck, Boyes Review January 25, recall and add if necessary.

Darren Smith said we had three lined up, that are likely pulled now as we are down 😒

We need to build a team that can bounce straight back up. It doesn’t account for keepers because I’ve got no bloody clue what we should do for champ level.

Defensively

RB - Bogle
RB - New RB

CB - Trusty
CB - Anel
CB - New CB
CB - New CB

LB - RND
LB - Larouci

Central

MID - Souza
MID - Hamer
MID - Brooks
MID - Slimane
MID - Davies
MID - New attacking midfielder (marsh?)

Attacking

STR - Osula
STR - Benie
STR - New Striker
STR - New Striker

7 Needed.

8 Departing. Fleck, Coulibaly, Basham, McAtee, Osborn, Jebbison, Lowe, Thomas.

Loan out - Seriki, Arblaster, Peck, Boyes Review January 25, recall and add if necessary.
Be surprised if Larouci is here this time next week given he's decided to be Algerian mid season and is fucking off to AFCON

Anel and Vini won't be at the club next season - they'll push very hard for moves away.

Working well for Chelsea 😂😂

Tricky one, down to specifics and if the club and manager are aligned

Brighton have a structure, club buys young players, that managers remit when he takes the job, to coach them

Contrast that to say West Ham, where Moyes has a game plan and buys players to fit into that - JWP to replace Rice

Problem last time was CW is a good man manager, but not necessarily a good scout/judge of a purchase, especially the more he spends

Personally I would like us to get a DoF in, manager discusses what positions need strengthening and the recruitment team deliver - we’re removing a few zeros from value, but all the top teams do this
Agree, think Wilder is so used to dealing in lower leagues, trying to polish coal into diamonds, he goes all dizzy when dealing in premiership players

He would be pretty decent again in the Championship. Retain him if we can.
You then need to find the money to continue to fund the deal. When relegated you normally need to find £20-25m for the adjustment. If you keep Archer then you have to find it elsewhere or take it out your budget for next season. That’s quite a chunk. Is he worth it?

Villa have a buy back on our relegation
On blades commentary they said its a buy back for what we paid which means we will have some money to use. Although knowing us, that return won't happen until transfer window is closed...

On blades commentary they said its a buy back for what we paid which means we will have some money to use. Although knowing us, that return won't happen until transfer window is closed...

Doubt it will mean we have funds as i would be surprised if a single penny had changed hands.....its a loan pure and simple dressed up as a permanent transfer....can see the EPL cracking down on these straight away...

If true we should do all we can to keep him

Villa get top 4 their spending will limit Archers chances even further

Shown in glimpse’s he can do it at EPL, shown consistently he can at EFL

A spine of Trusty, Robbo, Bogle, Hamer, Souza, Brooks and Archer with the coaching of AK & motivation of CW (keep off under the bus throwing please Chrissy) will be a real contender in the championship
Aye
But
Didn’t Bettis say that if (when) relegated we’d need to make a (major) sale ?
Your “spine”contains the most saleable assets bar Anel (& ‘furious ?) although on recent ‘performances’ we can’t expect vast amounts for either

So the Prince is now basically using Klana?
The vast majority of transfer fees are paid in instalments. The only reason we might not be able to do so as much any more is that we defaulted on some instalments last season and it led to an embargo so clubs might insist on more of an up front payment from us in future.

Without trying to get technical, if Archer goes back then it will free some future cash up as we won’t be spending the remaining instalments and should receive some up front cash from Villa to cover what we’ve paid so far. The only question is whether we spend all of the savings or if we only spend a portion of it.

You then need to find the money to continue to fund the deal. When relegated you normally need to find £20-25m for the adjustment. If you keep Archer then you have to find it elsewhere or take it out your budget for next season. That’s quite a chunk. Is he worth it?
I'd say so. There won't be much better in the Championship that's oven ready for the club.

Back
Top Bottom