Transfer deadline this Friday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think English Heritage are pushing for the fax machine joke to get Grade 1 listed status.

Once that happens there will severe restrictions on how we can develop the joke and the club will be responsible for maintaining it and keeping it in good order.

Replacing the Dooley statue next year

IMG_2325.JPG

I think English Heritage are pushing for the fax machine joke to get Grade 1 listed status.

Once that happens there will severe restrictions on how we can develop the joke and the club will be responsible for maintaining it and keeping it in good order.

On the other hand we can now charge visitors to look around the joke. Perhaps register it with the National Trust and provide cream teas?

I'm still surprised that Sky haven't auctioned the rights to scoring the first ever Premier League goal.

They could set up a tribunal to review the goal and decide that Deane was too tall and the goal 'unfair'. It could then be awarded to a homely media friendly side like, .....er........the CheatinAmmers.

Lord Duke Sir Trev MBE OBE VC GC DFC DSO Burma Star, could then present it to them and the goal be given to Mark Ward, Julian Dicks or even (talk in hushed tones) Sir Bobby Moore.
don’t tell them deano had gloves on ffs ;(

The fax machine is a classic SUFC transfer window traditional, long may it continue and be passed down to future generations!

But no doubt it will get replaced in a few years when someone forgots to hit send on their e-mail and a player’s transfer paperwork is left sat in drafts.

Nah, too high-tech for us. More like the file was corrupted on Mr McCawber's floppy disk.

the-office-fax-machines-joke.jpg

The sequential nature of posting makes it hard to supply the punchline at precisely the right moment for this joke to work. So it could be a very long wait.

Nowt will happen and noone will come in.

There. I urge some smart arse to quote me and contradict this if things go better by 5pm.
Not heard this rumour
Although he wasn't in the squad for the game on Saturday I still think he's a Bolton player.

Can't see him adding much to the squad and he is 30 years old.
So - WYEDP?

4.59pm at BL
Office junior tries to sort the fax machine paper jam offering Hogan TWO twixes AND a grab bag of crisps.

The fax machine was never broke, we just sent the wrong date to when we wanted to sign Fleck on the said fax.

Amatuers.

There's only one thing worse than signing nobody and that's signing somebody who creates zero excitement
An underwhelming signing who you just know isn't ever going to be a good first teamer and who we will struggle tp offload to League Two clubs is the worst feeling ever, not to mention the complete waste of money

I think the recent revival of 'car with reg XXXX XXX seen in car park' or 'player X seen at the Copthorne' are worthy of greater recognition.

How about - this is a message to the owner of car registration BS11ARP.
Thank you

This years excuse will be;

"The fax machine is working very well, we faxed out all the docs on time...
Buuuuuuut...we didn't realise no other bugger has a fax machine anymore so they never got the documents"

Back
Top Bottom