Transfer deadline this Friday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

4.59pm at BL
Office junior tries to sort the fax machine paper jam offering Hogan TWO twixes AND a grab bag of crisps.

You've managed to mangle two of the most overused and unfunniest transfer deadline day jokes in there ,well done
My sons tell me that I have 6 basic ‘dad’ jokes that I trot out all the time at home.

If you look at my posting history, it’s a similar picture here. I basically rotate through:

Fax
GLTTL
Desso
WYHDP?
Hammond’s unseen work
And thanks to Sean Thornton a new one - FOTH

I think I have issues.

The fax machine is a classic SUFC transfer window traditional, long may it continue and be passed down to future generations!

But no doubt it will get replaced in a few years when someone forgots to hit send on their e-mail and a player’s transfer paperwork is left sat in drafts.

The fax machine is a classic SUFC transfer window traditional, long may it continue and be passed down to future generations!

I think English Heritage are pushing for the fax machine joke to get Grade 1 listed status.

Once that happens there will severe restrictions on how we can develop the joke and the club will be responsible for maintaining it and keeping it in good order.

Probably not worth a new thread. More of a Google or shoutbox question I'd say. ;)
One day, the human race will give up one to one or one to all communication, all information will only be know by Google.
It will be the truth and never questioned. History will be rewritten, just like football was invented by Sky Sports and started sometime in the1990s :)

Last edited:

I'm scheduling:
  • My flounce for 3pm when nothing seems to be happening.
  • My resignation and despondency for 4.30pm, when sound bites start to come through from Wilder about "we tried for one or two, but..."
  • My second wave of rage for 6pm, but this time it will be balanced and more articulate having had time to reflect.

History will be rewritten, just like football was invented by Sky Sports and stated sometime in the1990s :)

I'm still surprised that Sky haven't auctioned the rights to scoring the first ever Premier League goal.

They could set up a tribunal to review the goal and decide that Deane was too tall and the goal 'unfair'. It could then be awarded to a homely media friendly side like, .....er........the CheatinAmmers.

Lord Duke Sir Trev MBE OBE VC GC DFC DSO Burma Star, could then present it to them and the goal be given to Mark Ward, Julian Dicks or even (talk in hushed tones) Sir Bobby Moore.

Then we'll all be concentrating on the JTW, and thinking the Brooks/Maguire/Walker money is still in the bank, gaining interest.

Don't waste all your concentration on the above though.

Think about the poor Desso. Without you, who is going to raise that at regular monthly intervals?

But no doubt it will get replaced in a few years when someone forgots to hit send on their e-mail and a player’s transfer paperwork is left sat in drafts.

Don't give them any ideas.

Or sends the e-mail but forgets to attach the attachment containing it :(

I think the recent revival of 'car with reg XXXX XXX seen in car park' or 'player X seen at the Copthorne' are worthy of greater recognition.

Don't waste all your concentration on the above though.

Think about the poor Desso. Without you, who is going to raise that at regular monthly intervals?

Well, people are talking about upgrading the kop now, like it's some sort of priority. Sounds like a good idea. We'll make do with Leon and Billy up front until they reach pensionable age.

pommpey

Nowt will happen and noone will come in.

There. I urge some smart arse to quote me and contradict this if things go better by 5pm.

Well, people are talking about upgrading the kop now, like it's some sort of priority

The 'people' you refer to wouldn't be Pinchy's straw men again would they?

We'll make do with Leon and Billy up front until they reach pensionable age.

Nah, we'll bin them a few months before their 65th birthdays as we are too tight to pay for their retirement clocks.

Now, back to the Desso.........

Back
Top Bottom