Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v. Sheffield United - 2nd May 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TOTT
TOTT
TOTT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1619970448442.png v. 1619970456135.png
EPL Week 34 - Sunday 2nd May 2021 - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Fourth Official: Kevin Friend
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 16.50.33.png

Brewster had a shot that almost hit the corner flag, gave me a chuckle. An embarrassing performance from a so called professional.
Burke is always interesting to watch, but too fast for the rest of the team. Doesn't seem to understand the game, which is a shame.
Mousset needs off loading on a free to the Middle East.
At least if he gets sent down we can terminate his contract. I can't see anyone wanting to sign him, even on a free. Bloke is a dickhead. An overweight and disinterested dickhead.

Fuck these glorified set of feckless, stupid and unfit pub footballers.

First half we created Spurs chances for them. Second we at least had a go but it could have been 7. We look clueless. No idea when we have the ball. Nothing upfront. No movement. Even when there is, no one can pass. Can't shoot. Like children trying to play football.

Ramsdale 6 - Not at fault for any of the goals, as such, but should be doing better on the first to. Too slow off his line and in no mans land too often. Did a few things well.
Stevens - 5 - He looks shot. Really does. Stuck at his task, in fairness, but Aurier gave him the run around all night. Wasn't helped by Jimmy pisshead Fleck and his cant be arsed tracking back.
Basham - 5 - Great to have him back but we need to replace him. He's getting no younger and been injured a lot second half of this year. Played on the wrong side and struggled. Looked better second half but part of a general mess.
Egan - 4.5 - £20 million my arse. Looked slow and clumsy. Lost men like someone in a mental institution loses their marbles. Awful in a back 4. So exposed. So slow. Passing poor. Too slow to react.
Baldock - 2 - 1 for his first half contribution (which was a litany of shit giving the ball away, not marking, not tracking, not doing anything good and then watching Bale run passed him like one of our pacey midfielders was going to keep up with him.
Bogle - 3 - This lad cannot defend. Can't tackle, people run passed him like he's not there. Paul Daniels would have his mesmerised. Lacks basic intelligence. He also can't play in a shape. We love the fact he pops up as a wide left forward. Bet none of his managers do.
Fleck - 3 - Useless. People will cite his two nutmegs but he was a lazy wanker all night tracking back. Looks like he was in a pub yesterday. Fitness of a non-league player. Should have been sent off for that piece of nastiness. Dickhead.
Norwood - 2 - Looks like he wouldn't make a pub football team. Can't run, can't pass, can't tackle, can't mark, can't shoot, can't head, can't do anything. Useless.
Osbourn - 3 - Looked like a lower league player first half. Absolutely outclassed at everything (including standing up). Much better second half and had some kind of purpose and focus.
McGoldrick - 4 - Looks 65 years old. Slow and Slower. At least tried to make some runs to offer an outlet but looked out of his depth. Had another woeful attempt at shooting. Sorry, love his workrate and effort and how he linked things up but the second half of this season his legs look to have gone. If we're relying on his next season to play regularly then we're not going up.
Brewster - 1 - Send this wanker back to Liverpool because he clearly want to play in the bigtime of Premier League 2 and not for us. Hardly made any effort and looks like he's never played upfront before. Clearly doesn't want to be here. Fuck him off for me. Doesn't deserve to be paid. Stealing a wage.

Subs

Berge - 3 - Good to see him playing football but clearly doing the bare minimum and avoiding getting injured.
Burke - 5 - Actually made some decent run and did some decent stuff. Most of our danger came via him second half.
Mousset - 0 - Fat useless twat. Fuck off. Everything he did was wrong. Looks like some lad in his flashy car who brags about being a former footballer to impress people. The sooner this cunt is out of Sheffield, the better.

Heck - 2 - Set up to do nothing. Credit to him, he changed it and we looked more like a football team but then massacred, so.
McGoldrick now reminds me of an old scooter my mate had that got overtaken by a Bee going up Halifax Road.

On being on shortlist for permanent Blades job] Things are no different. I know things have gone public now so in everyone else's mind things have changed, but for myself, the players and everyone in the club, nothing has changed."

Nothing has changed? Your fucking right there.

Sheffield United defender Chris Basham: "4-0 is tough to take because we gave it a right go in the second half. The goals we conceded were criminal.

"We'll miss them next season because we won't be playing against them. These are the players you want to face.

"There's a buzz around the place. The manager has been brilliant since he came in."

There's a Buzz around the place?

More like a rotten stench....

Basham (legend but ffs) Ramsdale, Bryan (personal choice as think he could be half decent), o'connel (if he comes back as good as before) and, at a push Fleck keep, all the rest can fuck off. There are others I'd personally keep but I couldn't really make a genuine argument for just think they could improve.

First half we created Spurs chances for them. Second we at least had a go but it could have been 7. We look clueless. No idea when we have the ball. Nothing upfront. No movement. Even when there is, no one can pass. Can't shoot. Like children trying to play football.

Ramsdale 6 - Not at fault for any of the goals, as such, but should be doing better on the first to. Too slow off his line and in no mans land too often. Did a few things well.
Stevens - 5 - He looks shot. Really does. Stuck at his task, in fairness, but Aurier gave him the run around all night. Wasn't helped by Jimmy pisshead Fleck and his cant be arsed tracking back.
Basham - 5 - Great to have him back but we need to replace him. He's getting no younger and been injured a lot second half of this year. Played on the wrong side and struggled. Looked better second half but part of a general mess.
Egan - 4.5 - £20 million my arse. Looked slow and clumsy. Lost men like someone in a mental institution loses their marbles. Awful in a back 4. So exposed. So slow. Passing poor. Too slow to react.
Baldock - 2 - 1 for his first half contribution (which was a litany of shit giving the ball away, not marking, not tracking, not doing anything good and then watching Bale run passed him like one of our pacey midfielders was going to keep up with him.
Bogle - 3 - This lad cannot defend. Can't tackle, people run passed him like he's not there. Paul Daniels would have his mesmerised. Lacks basic intelligence. He also can't play in a shape. We love the fact he pops up as a wide left forward. Bet none of his managers do.
Fleck - 3 - Useless. People will cite his two nutmegs but he was a lazy wanker all night tracking back. Looks like he was in a pub yesterday. Fitness of a non-league player. Should have been sent off for that piece of nastiness. Dickhead.
Norwood - 2 - Looks like he wouldn't make a pub football team. Can't run, can't pass, can't tackle, can't mark, can't shoot, can't head, can't do anything. Useless.
Osbourn - 3 - Looked like a lower league player first half. Absolutely outclassed at everything (including standing up). Much better second half and had some kind of purpose and focus.
McGoldrick - 4 - Looks 65 years old. Slow and Slower. At least tried to make some runs to offer an outlet but looked out of his depth. Had another woeful attempt at shooting. Sorry, love his workrate and effort and how he linked things up but the second half of this season his legs look to have gone. If we're relying on his next season to play regularly then we're not going up.
Brewster - 1 - Send this wanker back to Liverpool because he clearly want to play in the bigtime of Premier League 2 and not for us. Hardly made any effort and looks like he's never played upfront before. Clearly doesn't want to be here. Fuck him off for me. Doesn't deserve to be paid. Stealing a wage.

Subs

Berge - 3 - Good to see him playing football but clearly doing the bare minimum and avoiding getting injured.
Burke - 5 - Actually made some decent run and did some decent stuff. Most of our danger came via him second half.
Mousset - 0 - Fat useless twat. Fuck off. Everything he did was wrong. Looks like some lad in his flashy car who brags about being a former footballer to impress people. The sooner this cunt is out of Sheffield, the better.

Heck - 2 - Set up to do nothing. Credit to him, he changed it and we looked more like a football team but then massacred, so.
Spot on mate

Subs

Otherwise OK?

Sheffield United defender Chris Basham: "4-0 is tough to take because we gave it a right go in the second half. The goals we conceded were criminal.

"We'll miss them next season because we won't be playing against them. These are the players you want to face.

"There's a buzz around the place. The manager has been brilliant since he came in."

There's a Buzz around the place?

More like a rotten stench....
Hecky the obvious choice of the players by the sound of things, but not the majority of the fans. This can go either one way or the other, either the club ignore the fan base and appoint this fu@@wit and he does well and the fans have to eat humble pie or it ends up like it was before CW came in and no connection between the players and fans?

I know where my money is going with the bookies for his sacking!

Looks like Hecky is the players choice based on basham's quote. No wonder we've been relegated 🙄🙄

Basham (legend but ffs) Ramsdale, Bryan (personal choice as think he could be half decent), o'connel (if he comes back as good as before) and, at a push Fleck keep, all the rest can fuck off. There are others I'd personally keep but I couldn't really make a genuine argument for just think they could improve.
I'd keep Ramsdale. Bash, Sharp and McGoldrick because they've all got one year left and too old to sell. I'd worry if any of these 3 were going to be relied on to be regular starters. Sell Berge and Egan can go if we get a good offer. I worry that JoC won't be anywhere near the player he was previously, if he even plays again. Osbourn is a decent squad player and at least tries every game.

The rest can get in a bin to be honest.

We'll no doubt have little money and therefore end up retaining most of them. There's no way this squad will take us up. Mid-table to play-offs next season. The better players leave and we slowly slide down to League 1.

those are the words of a player who "refused to play" for 4 weeks 😆

Thanks Chris .
CW, the man that brought so much happiness to us recently and a quality manager of a really good standard, to say the least.

However: -

• He was looking to leave us twice before, and once for more money until SM stepped in.
  • He stated that he was really happy with the recruitment in summer - what a mistake that turned out to be. He didn't address the striker problem, nor midfield issue.
  • The loss of JOC was massive, but I think that the club had knowledge that he could go at anytime and TBF to CW he tried to sort this before the end of the window, but the club didn't provide the finances.
  • No body, included the fans realised that many of the top performers over the last 2-3 seasons have hit their ceiling, in terms of age, fitness and mobility, which has also really hit us this season.
  • The early form of the Ramsdale didn't help CW either.
  • The players then targeted in Jan 21, were either earning too much for us pay and were totally unrealistic in the end.
  • CW could have had some sort of issues going off in the back ground which could have also boiled over into his professional position?
  • CW could actually take this time, reflect, admit he got things wrong, but so has the owner and could for me try and talk now the dust has settled to see if a realistic compromise could be agreed (the owner doesn't have the money to finance British players and some compromise would need to be made on this basis)?
  • Player sales will and should be expected upon relegation, CW should know and expect this.

TBH, looking at the current next managers list, I really hope that CW can reflect, learn and come back to the table, a lot wiser, happier and re-energised?

Last edited:
If ever there was a game this season that has showed just how shit we have become,this was it.

They looked like a bunch of hit and hope headless chickens,in defence and attack.

I dont expect to see us any where near the top six next season,if the bulk of these players are still here.

Subs

Come on get off the fence!

I agree with most of your thoughts.

People will still keep depending Brewster. Interesting to hear Hinchcliffe call him out as he stood there ambling around. Been an absolutely disastrous signing. Not scored a goal and never even look like scoring. I am still waiting to see what he does/offers 10 months later. At the moment he does not even look League 1/2 level and has more chance of doing a Jordan Slew than every coming good here on the evidence so far we have seen. It is incredible we paid 23 million. Staggering. To think I derided the record signing of Richard Cadette for about 125k! I honestly think the lad Clarke Harris at Peterborough would look more threatening.

Once again people will come on here I am sure and say it's not his fault/service or he is a young lad. It's just a load of excuses. Regardless of the fee I expect some bloody effort or the basics in a footballer. The pass he just hit straight to them and then that hideous shot was all he did in the game! Sick of excuses for well paid players who have been garbage for a whole season. Not just him.

Come on get off the fence!

I agree with most of your thoughts.

People will still keep depending Brewster. Interesting to hear Hinchcliffe call him out as he stood there ambling around. Been an absolutely disastrous signing. Not scored a goal and never even look like scoring. I am still waiting to see what he does/offers 10 months later. At the moment he does not even look League 1/2 level and has more chance of doing a Jordan Slew than every coming good here on the evidence so far we have seen. It is incredible we paid 23 million. Staggering. To think I derided the record signing of Richard Cadette for about 125k! I honestly think the lad Clarke Harris at Peterborough would look more threatening.

Once again people will come on here I am sure and say it's not his fault/service or he is a young lad. It's just a load of excuses. Regardless of the fee I expect some bloody effort or the basics in a footballer. The pass he just hit straight to them and then that hideous shot was all he did in the game! Sick of excuses for well paid players who have been garbage for a whole season. Not just him.
If he'd tried he could have got on the end of two tap ins tonight. The first he didn't break a sweat. The second he didn't bother making a run that any striker at any level would make.

Strikes me as a whiny and petulant child who thinks he's big Billy bollocks because he was at Liverpool.

We've had a few of those over the years. First time we've paid 23 bloody million for one.

Wilder's ridiculously reckless transfers are going to cost this club dearly. At least we never signed Waghorn.

If he'd tried he could have got on the end of two tap ins tonight. The first he didn't break a sweat. The second he didn't bother making a run that any striker at any level would make.

Strikes me as a whiny and petulant child who thinks he's big Billy bollocks because he was at Liverpool.

We've had a few of those over the years. First time we've paid 23 bloody million for one.

Wilder's ridiculously reckless transfers are going to cost this club dearly. At least we never signed Waghorn.
I wonder id he needs a proverbial kick up the backside from a senior player. Would love to see Chris Morgan have a word or many.

Red for me that

This is real reason Fleck was not sent off for Sheffield United after Tottenham stamp​

That is the view of ex-FIFA and Premier League referee Keith Hackett, speaking exclusively to Football Insider about the incident that VAR operator Peter Bankes did not deem to be a clear and obvious error.
On-field referee Andre Marriner awarded Spurs a free-kick but Fleck was not cautioned or punished.

It was reviewed by VAR operator Peter Bankes, who was at the heart of the controversy that saw Fabian Balbuena sent off for West Ham last weekend, but he did not see a clear and obvious error.
Asked for his assessment of the incident, Hackett told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley: “Red card every day, any day. Whatever the circumstances.
“Here’s the issue, VAR. Why didn’t it come in? I don’t think any referee would say that’s not a red card.

“Now what you’ve got is you’re examining the VAR and you’re saying ‘Oh my god, this is Peter Bankes’. What did Peter Bankes do last week? He came in and said ‘Fabian Balbuena, you’re off’.

“He’s not seen it as a clear and obvious error but it is. This is what VAR is for.

“This is the psychological impact of the extended pressure the match official comes under when he makes an error.

“You make an error on the Saturday, you feel the pain. Then you’ve got Saturday night Match of the Day then you’ve got the newspapers if you read them, then social media.

“Then on Wednesday, the appeal leads it to be overturned. It’s an extended period of four or five days of people saying ‘Why did you come in on that?’
“This is why it’s not a punishment to take Peter Bankes off that VAR role, it’s good management. Take them out.

“Now I along with other pundits are criticising Peter Bankes. His reputation as a VAR operator is down at the bottom."

If it was up to me, Fleck would already have played his last game for us.

Back
Top Bottom