Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v. Sheffield United - 2nd May 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TOTT
TOTT
TOTT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1619970448442.png v. 1619970456135.png
EPL Week 34 - Sunday 2nd May 2021 - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Fourth Official: Kevin Friend
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 16.50.33.png

There was someone on here earlier moaning about the apathy of the fans. Aftee watching that shit show tonight I'm that apathetic I can't even be arsed to respond

Spurs 4-0 Sheff Utd
8a96f4d5-3a6f-4904-90b3-9a61fc8ae62e.jpg

Clinton Morrison
Former Republic of Ireland striker on BBC Radio 5 Live
Sheffield United could have easily rolled over but they haven't and they've kept on going. I'm happy that fans can go in because they've missed their fans this season the players definitely. So to see their fans this season in the stadium will be good.

What a complete muppet ! No fan would want to go in and watch this.

I know it's stating the obvious but wasn't the idea behind changing managers to change what was happening on the pitch? It's literally the same boring, clueless style and the same boring, clueless formation played by the same boring, clueless players. What was the point?
That's unfair.

We have now added the component of passing our way into trouble from the back as a new key feature!

I don’t think we are as bad as people are making out, we are miles away from prem quality for sure and the real prem teams are pointing that out now. I think realistically we are a mid table championship team that rode a wave beyond our level. Confidence is shot and it’s clear to see in every game. Get back down and get over the dramatic reactions most football fans have and I think we will be back at the level we are actually good enough for, mid table/top half championship for now
No we are worse

much much worse

Shall we just do a social media blackout until August? Might be easier on us all and get rid of a bit of racist and hurty stuff whilst we’re at it.

The only consolation you hope we can take from that is this puts to bed any suggestion that Heckingbottom and Tindall will be involved in first team affairs next season. To do otherwise would be an act of negligence. Take them off the list now.

Sheffield United only conceded four (or more) goals in one Premier League game under Chris Wilder. They have done so twice under Paul Heckingbottom.

This is so horribly similar to seasons 74-75, 75-76 when we also went from just missing out on Europe to hopeless relegation fodder. The club, sadly, seems incapable of ever sustaining success.

This is so horribly similar to seasons 74-75, 75-76 when we also went from just missing out on Europe to hopeless relegation fodder. The club, sadly, seems incapable of ever sustaining success.
We’ve got to break from tradition now and actually appoint somebody of true pedigree to manage and not someone who’s done awrayt recently!
Our next move is a huge one for our short term prospects

Sheffield United only conceded four (or more) goals in one Premier League game under Chris Wilder. They have done so twice under Paul Heckingbottom.
Fair point. But so is the fact that Wilder wasted the biggest budget we’ve ever had and left us with complete and utter shite.

We've lost the same number of games by a 5-goal margin over the last 2 seasons as Liverpool. (clutching at statistical straws)

Stamping on a head was the only notable thing Fleck did in the game,needs getting rid of.

Seriously, if they closed the club down tomorrow, called the receivers in and locked it all up (which they won't because there's plenty of money there now), I would be accepting of it, know I've seen my side in the sun (last season) and be quite happy to move on. United currently bore me senseless. And I was an avid home and away fan.

Stamping on a head was the only notable thing Fleck did in the game,needs getting rid of.

Surprise! Fleck trying to get sent off so he can go up North and take advantage of pubs being open for remainder of season.
He did it regularly for xmas/hogmanay.

Fuck these glorified set of feckless, stupid and unfit pub footballers.

First half we created Spurs chances for them. Second we at least had a go but it could have been 7. We look clueless. No idea when we have the ball. Nothing upfront. No movement. Even when there is, no one can pass. Can't shoot. Like children trying to play football.

Ramsdale 6 - Not at fault for any of the goals, as such, but should be doing better on the first to. Too slow off his line and in no mans land too often. Did a few things well.
Stevens - 5 - He looks shot. Really does. Stuck at his task, in fairness, but Aurier gave him the run around all night. Wasn't helped by Jimmy pisshead Fleck and his cant be arsed tracking back.
Basham - 5 - Great to have him back but we need to replace him. He's getting no younger and been injured a lot second half of this year. Played on the wrong side and struggled. Looked better second half but part of a general mess.
Egan - 4.5 - £20 million my arse. Looked slow and clumsy. Lost men like someone in a mental institution loses their marbles. Awful in a back 4. So exposed. So slow. Passing poor. Too slow to react.
Baldock - 2 - 1 for his first half contribution (which was a litany of shit giving the ball away, not marking, not tracking, not doing anything good and then watching Bale run passed him like one of our pacey midfielders was going to keep up with him.
Bogle - 3 - This lad cannot defend. Can't tackle, people run passed him like he's not there. Paul Daniels would have his mesmerised. Lacks basic intelligence. He also can't play in a shape. We love the fact he pops up as a wide left forward. Bet none of his managers do.
Fleck - 3 - Useless. People will cite his two nutmegs but he was a lazy wanker all night tracking back. Looks like he was in a pub yesterday. Fitness of a non-league player. Should have been sent off for that piece of nastiness. Dickhead.
Norwood - 2 - Looks like he wouldn't make a pub football team. Can't run, can't pass, can't tackle, can't mark, can't shoot, can't head, can't do anything. Useless.
Osbourn - 3 - Looked like a lower league player first half. Absolutely outclassed at everything (including standing up). Much better second half and had some kind of purpose and focus.
McGoldrick - 4 - Looks 65 years old. Slow and Slower. At least tried to make some runs to offer an outlet but looked out of his depth. Had another woeful attempt at shooting. Sorry, love his workrate and effort and how he linked things up but the second half of this season his legs look to have gone. If we're relying on his next season to play regularly then we're not going up.
Brewster - 1 - Send this wanker back to Liverpool because he clearly want to play in the bigtime of Premier League 2 and not for us. Hardly made any effort and looks like he's never played upfront before. Clearly doesn't want to be here. Fuck him off for me. Doesn't deserve to be paid. Stealing a wage.

Subs

Berge - 3 - Good to see him playing football but clearly doing the bare minimum and avoiding getting injured.
Burke - 5 - Actually made some decent run and did some decent stuff. Most of our danger came via him second half.
Mousset - 0 - Fat useless twat. Fuck off. Everything he did was wrong. Looks like some lad in his flashy car who brags about being a former footballer to impress people. The sooner this cunt is out of Sheffield, the better.

Heck - 2 - Set up to do nothing. Credit to him, he changed it and we looked more like a football team but then massacred, so.

Hecky is the most hopeless,out of his depth manager,caretaker or otherwise that I have seen in over 50 years,and that includes Adrian Heath.

How did Rolls Royce get on when he came on at start of 2nd half ?

Seriously, if they closed the club down tomorrow, called the receivers in and locked it all up (which they won't because there's plenty of money there now), I would be accepting of it, know I've seen my side in the sun (last season) and be quite happy to move on. United currently bore me senseless. And I was an avid home and away fan.
Home and away since 2017 .....

I'm sure Chris 'lets play 7 in defence and keep the score down lads' Wilder's 2-0 loss to Spurs with one shot off target would have been a much better watch. We would have been 'always in it' though.

Fuck these glorified set of feckless, stupid and unfit pub footballers.

First half we created Spurs chances for them. Second we at least had a go but it could have been 7. We look clueless. No idea when we have the ball. Nothing upfront. No movement. Even when there is, no one can pass. Can't shoot. Like children trying to play football.

Ramsdale 6 - Not at fault for any of the goals, as such, but should be doing better on the first to. Too slow off his line and in no mans land too often. Did a few things well.
Stevens - 5 - He looks shot. Really does. Stuck at his task, in fairness, but Aurier gave him the run around all night. Wasn't helped by Jimmy pisshead Fleck and his cant be arsed tracking back.
Basham - 5 - Great to have him back but we need to replace him. He's getting no younger and been injured a lot second half of this year. Played on the wrong side and struggled. Looked better second half but part of a general mess.
Egan - 4.5 - £20 million my arse. Looked slow and clumsy. Lost men like someone in a mental institution loses their marbles. Awful in a back 4. So exposed. So slow. Passing poor. Too slow to react.
Baldock - 2 - 1 for his first half contribution (which was a litany of shit giving the ball away, not marking, not tracking, not doing anything good and then watching Bale run passed him like one of our pacey midfielders was going to keep up with him.
Bogle - 3 - This lad cannot defend. Can't tackle, people run passed him like he's not there. Paul Daniels would have his mesmerised. Lacks basic intelligence. He also can't play in a shape. We love the fact he pops up as a wide left forward. Bet none of his managers do.
Fleck - 3 - Useless. People will cite his two nutmegs but he was a lazy wanker all night tracking back. Looks like he was in a pub yesterday. Fitness of a non-league player. Should have been sent off for that piece of nastiness. Dickhead.
Norwood - 2 - Looks like he wouldn't make a pub football team. Can't run, can't pass, can't tackle, can't mark, can't shoot, can't head, can't do anything. Useless.
Osbourn - 3 - Looked like a lower league player first half. Absolutely outclassed at everything (including standing up). Much better second half and had some kind of purpose and focus.
McGoldrick - 4 - Looks 65 years old. Slow and Slower. At least tried to make some runs to offer an outlet but looked out of his depth. Had another woeful attempt at shooting. Sorry, love his workrate and effort and how he linked things up but the second half of this season his legs look to have gone. If we're relying on his next season to play regularly then we're not going up.
Brewster - 1 - Send this wanker back to Liverpool because he clearly want to play in the bigtime of Premier League 2 and not for us. Hardly made any effort and looks like he's never played upfront before. Clearly doesn't want to be here. Fuck him off for me. Doesn't deserve to be paid. Stealing a wage.

Subs

Berge - 3 - Good to see him playing football but clearly doing the bare minimum and avoiding getting injured.
Burke - 5 - Actually made some decent run and did some decent stuff. Most of our danger came via him second half.
Mousset - 0 - Fat useless twat. Fuck off. Everything he did was wrong. Looks like some lad in his flashy car who brags about being a former footballer to impress people. The sooner this cunt is out of Sheffield, the better.

Heck - 2 - Set up to do nothing. Credit to him, he changed it and we looked more like a football team but then massacred, so.
Brewster had a shot that almost hit the corner flag, gave me a chuckle. An embarrassing performance from a so called professional.
Burke is always interesting to watch, but too fast for the rest of the team. Doesn't seem to understand the game, which is a shame.
Mousset needs off loading on a free to the Middle East.

Back
Top Bottom