Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v. Sheffield United - 16th September 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TOTT
TOTT
TOTT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1694461416935.png vs. 1694461424401.png

Premier League Matchweek 5 - Saturday 16th September 2023 - 15:00 - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/tottenham-hotspur-vs-sheffield-united.661/

Officials:

Referee: TBC
Assistants: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
VAR: TBC
Assistant VAR: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (TO BE UPDATED):

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 20.43.04.png

Team prediction:

Wes
Baldock Anel Egan Robbo Thomas
Hamer Souza
McAtee
McB Archer

Get Souza and Hamer playing in their preferred roles.

Although I have to say that I think Hecky will go with Norwood and McAtee will be on the bench.

Remember last season, we kept beating the teams at the top. It means nothing at this time of the season.

Tough ask today spurs looking good playing with pace which we tend to struggle with but hopefully we put in a good shift and nowt surprises me with our lot, safe travels blades make us proud as always

The love in for "resurgent Spurs under Ange" is quite sickening by the pundits and the Blades are their next lambs to be slaughtered.
How these guys get jobs astounds me. If you look at Spurs results so far in detail, they lost on penalties to a poor Fulham team, who I think will be in the mix. Beat an obviously struggling for form Manure. They were ok but not outstanding at Bournemouth, another one in the mix with us, and were lucky to get a point at Brentford imo. Followed by a good win at hopeless Burnley, yet another in the mix.
We beat them last year, we will be their toughest game so far, except for maybe Brentford away. I am sure we'll keep it tight, frustrate them like we did Citeh and who knows, we may snatch a win. I'm going 0-0 or 1-1. I also think we may get a penalty from their somewhat clumsy defence.
Don't write us off, I hope they read and believe the hype. If we can hold up their speedy strikers, then we can get something from this and shove the pundits words right up their arses.
Agree with most of this apart from the penalty you say we will get . They could chop Archers legs off in the six yards box and no way would we get a penalty . Don't forget we are little Sheff U playing Spurs so there is no chance of a spot kick . May be at the other end if we THINK about fouling some one (Liverpool at the Lane ) . Can't wait to watch how Spurs are playing on MOTD .

This is just another don’t do to much damage to the Goal Difference exercise I’m afraid..

3-0 Spurs I will take and move on.

Think 5 at back will frustrate them if we can have spells of possesion and create then we have a chance but the back three and particularly egan will have to play much better than they have so far this season.

Their game is all about narrowing the midfield and pressing so if we are deep the midfield and wing backs will have to stretch the width of the pitch and move the ball quickly

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Interested to see if Hecky still refuses to put Trusty in the side ahead of Egan or Robinson. And if he carries on sticking with Norwood. Surely not, though--surely now, Norwood is gonna be benched and ideally one of either Egan or Robinson too.
Take it you didn't see Trusty against Lincoln, nowhere near ready for the Prem.

Our wedding anniversary, see thi at the bar 🤣
Unbelievable

It’s my birthday in October and my wedding anniversary next August

See you in the bar

Think 5 at back will frustrate them if we can have spells of possesion and create then we have a chance but the back three and particularly egan will have to play much better than they have so far this season.

Their game is all about narrowing the midfield and pressing so if we are deep the midfield and wing backs will have to stretch the width of the pitch and move the ball quickly
Can I finish your very well put narrative off ….

All you said , ending with ….. you thick fks

First drubbing of the season.. 4-0, although be good and I hope we can keep score down, also a plus, this is likely to be one of the hardest away fixtures out of the way.

Only 8 subs. Late injury as it would make sense to have another striker on the bench even if a young un?

Trusty must be thinking WTF!!!!! Why did I come here, Deffo need his pace at the back, good to see Young straight in.

Back
Top Bottom